Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 17, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/17/2016 at 8:52:14 AM PST

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Sep 17, 16 2:03 AM
Would love to play this game-but it is cranky & scary. Had to turn off special effects & wide screen to keep the cursor being slow & jumpy-game still froze once & when I closed the game several very scary things happened to my computer. Browser features crashed & desktop acted very strangely for a few moments. Win 7

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Sep 17, 16 3:28 AM
This game is taking forever to download. Not a good sign for smooth running. This is very unusual for me and does not bode well for smooth running.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 17, 16 6:07 AM
Windows 10 PC

Just uninstalled and am re-installing due to when i got thrown into the basement the map quit working and now is not recognizing the candle in the HO scene.

Hope it works.

( I did think that the map didn't work cause I was locked up, not the case, as after I was able to get out of that area, it still doesn't work.)

Well, the candle was my error...
And the map started working when I got into the library.

Edited on 09/17/2016 at 7:39:52 AM PST

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 17, 16 7:00 AM
If you don't pick up the flashlight after using it and you finish with the chair, you cannot get it anymore and you cannot continue the game. I tried quitting game and going back in...still can't get it. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still cannot get the flashlight. This really needs to be addressed. You cannot proceed with the game if you don't pick it up.

I really like the game, so I hope this will be fixed!

Edited on 09/17/2016 at 7:08:31 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Sep 17, 16 7:21 AM
I found that the game is slow eg when you click on something it takes ages for the screen to zoom in, I am not using the games cursor and it still moves slow. I have most of the games in this series, but I won't be buying this one.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 17, 16 7:26 AM
I couldn't finish the Beta for this because of a wobbly cursor. Now, when I play the demo, the cursor is working fine, but there is a several seconds long, black screen, every time the scene changes. The game was slowing moving and not terribly gripping anyway, so this lag between scenes is a deal breaker.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Map stopped working

[Post New]by handyfr on Sep 17, 16 8:04 AM
Windows 8 - everything working okay game wise except all of a sudden, the map stopped working. Anybody find a fix for it?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 17, 16 8:52 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 17, 16 8:58 AM
No lagging, freezing, wobbly cursors or slow gameplay in the demo (and I still had the flashlight). The map worked fine during the demo. I always use the system cursor but didn't turn off special effects.

Running Win7 Prof 64-bit on a desktop.

mmdgaston
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mmdgaston on Sep 17, 16 9:06 AM
this game is so clunky....uninstalled...reinstalled...same....very upsetting,played this whole series..........it freezes,long black screen waiting time...just tooo many thing to mention.....

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 17, 16 9:21 AM
for those who have problems with slowness, this is an Elephant game and they are notorious for their games not getting along with aero...in other words, if you have transparency enabled for your personalization display settings, try turning it off. I know this used to always be the problem with Elephant games in the past. (Don't know why they haven't addressed this) Hope this helps!

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Sep 17, 16 11:47 AM
I am very disappointed in this game. I bought it without trialling the demo (something I usually don't do), and now I cannot activate it. I keep getting a 806400 error, something that Big Fish never seem to be able to successfully explain to me what the problem is. And when I try and play the demo (thinking that might be possible), I now have to enter a security key!! Not at all happy with this, and I think it's about time BF started to properly test these games before release. I have purchased the new Puppet Show and that has tech issues too. I am running Win 10 with the latest big uprgrade installed.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Sep 17, 16 1:11 PM
I am running win 8.1 (32 bit) on my Acer all-in-one. no tech issues at all.

acgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Map stopped working

[Post New]by acgal on Sep 17, 16 1:14 PM
When I played the demo, the map worked just fine. After buying and installing the game, the map quick working in the dinning room. I'm going to delete and re-install the game but I have a feeling after reading people are having the same problem, that it's not going to help.
Windows 7
Dell Alienware

braedan05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by braedan05 on Sep 17, 16 2:37 PM
In the dining room. No map for me either.

Windows 10
Lenovo Notebook

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Sep 17, 16 4:10 PM
Cursor lags for me as well.. and YES, I just discovered my map is no longer working as well. Windows 10. I've been doing things in the event hall and now I just made it into the restroom. Please fix

acgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Map problem

[Post New]by acgal on Sep 17, 16 4:41 PM
Someone else said their map didn't work but it started working again in the library. Mine stopped working in the dinning room but started working again in the library so there is a glitch in that part of the game. Developers please fix it.

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Sep 17, 16 5:03 PM
Game worked fine until the end. Yes the map only worked intermittently, but was not really much of a problem. The real problem came at the end of the game, the battle, etc. The screen went black except for the things on the edges, i.e., inventory still available, etc. There was sound, but no picture and that continued until the end of the game.

middlered
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by middlered on Sep 17, 16 8:38 PM
Windows Vista
Game is slow to react to clicks. The mini game on page 4 of SG. I have the puzzle arranged just as shown in SG, but I can't get the ball to move from N to O as to finish.
I've never had these problems out of Elephant games before. I like this game,but I won't buy unless a update comes out

Go to: