ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Crafting items for shards

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Sep 17, 16 2:50 PM
Has anybody got any tips for crafting the items that will sell for the most shards?
The Insomnia Horn sells for 43 shards (or 1,300 coins), which seems to be the best exchange rate I've seen so far - 1 shard = 30 coins.
The Ancestor's Spirit sells for 28 shards or 2,000 coins - 1 shard = 71 coins, so I keep those to sell for the coins.
Of course the Keys of Fate top them all at 60 shards (or 900 coins) - 1 shard = 15 coins, but is also costs 2,000 coins and 50 keys of destiny.

Edited on 09/17/2016 at 2:51:21 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Crafting items for shards

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 17, 16 2:58 PM
There is an invaluable link begun by apollogold called "Up-Dated Crafting List" / Cost & Sell

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/369099.page#5939945

I use it all the time!

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 17, 16 10:16 PM
Isn't it better to shard the hos items that sell for 15 coin or give 1 shard?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 18, 16 6:09 AM
I just can't bring myself to craft for shard purposes.... something in me cringes... I can barely bring myself to sell crafted items for profit, so to disenchant them... ... I get to thinking of all the time and effort into getting those coins, items, and zz items, my cursor hovers and something inside screams NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 18, 16 6:15 AM
gohill wrote:I just can't bring myself to craft for shard purposes.... something in me cringes... I can barely bring myself to sell crafted items for profit, so to disenchant them... ... I get to thinking of all the time and effort into getting those coins, items, and zz items, my cursor hovers and something inside screams NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Are all your rooms just bare shells then?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 18, 16 6:33 AM
Nope....all games have at least 40 pieces of furniture... and have collected over 30,000 shards in all three games.... most likely it was the Spring event and all those 3 shard pet parts I got from doing over 3,000 spring terraces in all 3 games... .. and HO's, and butterflies, and feeding pets...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 18, 16 8:29 AM
Christmas and Spring events gave me sufficient inventory stored up to disenchant a bunch of stuff.

On iPad game....have all rooms decorated the way I like them, have quite a few shards built up, and still have plenty of spring items ready in case they are needed.

ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Sep 18, 16 6:14 PM
playingthegame wrote:There is an invaluable link begun by apollogold called "Up-Dated Crafting List" / Cost & Sell

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/369099.page#5939945

I use it all the time!

Thanks so much for this link. I have bookmarked it as I know I will refer to it often.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 19, 16 3:27 AM
gohill wrote:I just can't bring myself to craft for shard purposes.... something in me cringes... I can barely bring myself to sell crafted items for profit, so to disenchant them... ... I get to thinking of all the time and effort into getting those coins, items, and zz items, my cursor hovers and something inside screams NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm with you 1000% on this! The last thing I want or need to get is more shards!
When I read someone has turned something rare & precious into shards, it makes me That item could have meant so much to someone that needs it.

This game has so many ways to get shards, they're impossible to avoid! Just play the game! You'll get plenty of shards without wasting precious items.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Sep 19, 16 4:45 AM
No way I'm gona craft for shards, bad enough crafting for profit. Trina can have them, I want her keys.

Go to: