cattyha
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Chap 4 Dark Ghost

[Post New]by cattyha on Sep 18, 16 5:55 PM
Someone please give me a clue on this one.. I cannot figure out how to defeat the Dark Ghost.. he seems to be able to turn a lot more disks to his color than I ever can -- there must be a strategy to this that I'm missing...

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

Re:Chap 4 Dark Ghost

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 18, 16 10:15 PM
I had a hard time passing this one myself. My husband tried beating him, my 13 year old daughter tried beating him, & I finally did. Total tries between the three of us was around 40 tries to beat him. Took at least an hour. Crazy. I was getting so upset. I thought the same thing, he seems to turn more disks to his color. The object is to dominate the board with your color. The info on how to play was a little helpful also. This game is similar to the one in the new Puppet Show, the 1st mini-game when you try to go out the window. Both games are similar, but, the Puppet Show one is easier. I wanted that achievement for completing all mini-games, which includes this Dark Ghost game & all the games before it, after it, & the bonus game's mini-games. Needless to say, after over an hour, I finally beat that Dark Ghost. The only thing I can tell you is, if you don't want that achievement for beating all mini-games, skip this game. If you do want that achievement, you'll have to keep trying. It's a strategy game I think. Also, probably anybody would just get lucky if they beat it. Carefully think out your move before placing your green disk. It'll take probably more time to beat him than you want to, like it did me. Good luck. Hope you beat him!

Edited on 09/18/2016 at 10:19:57 PM PST

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 25, 16 11:33 AM
Argh! This is driving me crazy!! But I don't want to skip!! I just am no good at these types of games!!
Oh well! If anybody comes up with a strategy, please post! LOL!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Sep 25, 16 1:37 PM
Like i posted above. There is no strategy because the moves are random. You could place your piece in the same spots, but, you don't know where he's going to move. You just have to carefully think where you are going to move. Yes, it's hard & you'll spend more time to beat him than you want to. Took me over an hour to finally beat him & I was getting frustrated to say the least. I didn't want to skip because I wanted that achievement for not skipping any mini-games. If you want that achievement, you'll have to keep playing. If you don't care if you get that achievement or not, then skip it.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 25, 16 8:58 PM
There is a little bit of strategy involved & the dark ghost seems to play the same pattern of moves each time. I won against him quite quickly but it's really disappointing that this was not one of the mini games you can replay as this was one I actually would like to replay.

I just remember moving to the left initially I think, to build up my counters, then when he made his move across the board towards me, I could dominate him in numbers, if you think carefully, when he has three red counters, move to the corner that changes two of them to green, I did that twice and then I had him beat.

I just wish I could play the game again to make the strategy involved clearer.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Sep 27, 16 3:11 PM
It took me almost an hour to finally beat this game. Watch what the other guy does and try to copy his moves. This is a hard game to beat. But if you keep playing you will eventually beat him.

Go to: