JaceDelft
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Two Punches for a Punch Card Coupon

[Post New]by JaceDelft on Sep 19, 16 7:15 AM
Today (Monday Sep 19 = Punch Card day) I bought this game with a Punch Card Coupon...

To my surprise I got not ONE but TWO punches.
I bought another game with a PCC, and again got TWO punches.

That got me a free game much sooner than expected.

Is this a one time thing?
Or a Policy change, used to get 0 punch except on punch days when you got 1 for a PCC.

Hope it also works for you!

jace.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Two Punches for a Punch Card Coupon

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 19, 16 2:08 PM
Thank you! It worked for me too... sweet.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 19, 16 3:35 PM
Ahoy JaceDelft and Janie42,

Thanks for taking the time to post to the forums. I wanted to just swim by and confirm what you are both seeing and to also confirm that the current policy regarding Punch Card Coupon Codes not earning punches except for a bonus punch during the Bonus Punch Promotion is still in place. The appropriate teams are aware of this issue and investigating it to make sure it doesn't negatively impact purchases made with a Punch Card Coupon Code. I also want to apologize for any potential confusion this may have caused as we don't want to provide inaccurate information about how many punches you should be getting.

I also want to let you know that if you've earned those punches, they will be retained. We appreciate your willingness to let us know that this is happening and we hope you enjoy the extra punches in the meantime!

For more information about the our Bonus Punch promotion, I've included a helpful page that explains how this promotion usually works to clear up any confusion that this issue may have caused:

Bonus Punch Promotions

If anyone has any questions about this post, this issue, or the forums in general, feel free to PM me directly or any of the active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 09/19/2016 at 3:37:31 PM PST

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Oct 23, 16 8:43 PM
The coupon codes given out by the help desk in lieu of refunds or in gratitude for whatever look (the format) exactly like the punch card coupons, but they aren't. For one thing, they are non-expiring. For another, they include a punch, so on a bonus punch day you will get to punches, or, on a non-bonus punch day, you will get one. Considering the terms under which they are given, this is right and fair. But it took me a while to figure out. Realizing it has definitely improved my coupon management.

Could it be that Jace and Janie both happened to use the help desk coupon rather than the punch card coupon that day?

Edited on 10/23/2016 at 8:46:36 PM PST

Go to: