bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 20, 16 12:29 AM
When the king asks a famous shapeshifting alchemist to look into the murder of his most trusted agent and friend, the last thing she expected was to discover an intricate network of criminals, working from the shadows to bring chaos into the land. At first it seems that the murder was nothing more than a simple crime of passion, but as she plunges deeper into the investigation the alchemist learns the hard truth; nothing is as it seems, and no one can be trusted. Follow the intriguing investigation of a shapeshifter, and discover the conspiracy threatening to shake the very foundation of a kingdom. Unveil the Stories of Forgotten Past in Queen Quest 2!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 20, 16 1:34 AM
I have just checked my comment to Boris for the first game, and saw that I gave an unfavourable review.

Having played the demo of this game, I can say that - for me - the game has improved 100%. The colours and graphics are nice, lip movements are well done when the characters speak, and we are getting a Custom mode, in which both the Hint and Skip can be set to fill within 5 seconds.
We are also getting a choice of a custom and system cursor, although I still prefer to be able to use an interactive system cursor instead just getting a smaller version of the custom cursor.

There are 2 kinds of Collectables, and some of the items in the HOS are morphing.

The story interests me, and I like the gameplay. I loved that first mini game, like the idea of making potions to be used for different things.

All in all a great game, and I will be purchasing it.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 20, 16 2:12 AM
It is Tuesday, isn't it? BF is trying to trick me up

Kam

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 20, 16 5:00 AM
Hey Kam !!

Well, it is the norm now to get a Tuesday CE, and I am happy with that.
I am just glad that it is a HOG instead of a TM game, which I hardly ever play.

[Post New]by happyasaclam2 on Sep 20, 16 6:30 AM
now bf gives us ce 3 times a week love it very happyasaclam2

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Sep 20, 16 9:28 AM
Three times a week of the same fairy tale game. I hope this company realizes that some of us would like other types of games. I am her scouting around and have only recently found a game I wanted to play. Too many fairy tale games for me

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Sep 20, 16 9:28 AM
Three times a week of the same fairy tale game. I hope this company realizes that some of us would like other types of games. I am here scouting around and have only recently found a game I wanted to play. Too many fairy tale games for me

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 9:31:07 AM PST

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Sep 20, 16 11:03 AM
amazemen wrote:Three times a week of the same fairy tale game. I hope this company realizes that some of us would like other types of games. I am here scouting around and have only recently found a game I wanted to play. Too many fairy tale games for me

Hi amazemen - What types of games do you like? If you like adventure or scary/creepy type games, PM me...I have all of them at BF & will be happy to give you a list of titles.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Sep 20, 16 11:32 AM
Hi Valdy, hi Kam,

nice to meet you here. BFG indeed seems to have a new offer on Tuesdays: a 3rd CE in a week. For me it is nice, it is a HOPA. On the other hand those fans of other genres should have their day, too.

Love this game, "shapeshifter" is a new role I love to try out (did so in the beta and found it great). Sometimes these abilities could help in real life......

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 20, 16 1:26 PM
The game is intriguing, beautifully made, puzzles give you a puzzle', just wish there was a sale on Tuesday. ( It never ends for those of us looking at the bank book)

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Thanks to BF for adding more entertainment, especially appreciated as a game club member.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 20, 16 1:39 PM
G'day Valdy & rainworm

Yes, I'd noticed BF had started offering CE's on Tuesday but as they were TM games up until now, I'd assumed BF were using Tuesdays to release the CE's of that genre. This is a very nice surprise.

I'll get this game in a sale as I've still got a few unplayed games from the last good sale

Kam

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 1:41:18 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Sep 20, 16 3:23 PM
CiChDa wrote:The game is intriguing, beautifully made, puzzles give you a puzzle', just wish there was a sale on Tuesday. ( It never ends for those of us looking at the bank book)

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Thanks to BF for adding more entertainment, especially appreciated as a game club member.

There's always a sale on Wednesday so the wait won't be too long.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 20, 16 4:51 PM
Step into an unusual and exciting adventure, with lots of imagination, enchantment and whimsy. I love this game and agree with all of the positive things said. Getting such a lovely game on a Tuesday is truly a wonderful surprise.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 21, 16 3:57 AM
I have decided to wait for the SE, and get it with a punch card code. I like the game, but am not really interested in achievements nor the collectables. I don't care to collect puzzle pieces and then have to put a jigsaw puzzle together.
Nor do I care for other collectables unless they can be used in a separate section. I also didn't care that you couldn't check whether a collectable had been found in a scene or not. Often we get an extra tab that shows us whether we have found a collectable or not.

Also, usually once I am done with the main game, I am not interested to continue in the bonus chapter.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Sep 21, 16 7:16 AM
Valdy wrote:I have decided to wait for the SE, and get it with a punch card code. I like the game, but am not really interested in achievements nor the collectables. I don't care to collect puzzle pieces and then have to put a jigsaw puzzle together.
Nor do I care for other collectables unless they can be used in a separate section. I also didn't care that you couldn't check whether a collectable had been found in a scene or not. Often we get an extra tab that shows us whether we have found a collectable or not.

Also, usually once I am done with the main game, I am not interested to continue in the bonus chapter.

I agree Valdy , although I do like achievements as long as they ARE achievements and not just game play . I don't like cut scenes every couple of minutes either . I have two game credits but I'm saving those for the new MCF game , even though I've been disappointed the last couple of times this one looks different ! Hope it's good ! Hope I don't get into trouble for discussing another game lol

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Sep 21, 16 4:35 PM
I saw this game on Tuesday when it came out - I waited until today (Wednesday) to buy it - 1/2 price sale for game club members on all games.

quite enjoying it actually - on chapter 4 now (almost done).

Go to: