Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 20, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 8:38:37 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Sep 20, 16 12:45 AM
Windows 10 - Error - Access violation etc

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 20, 16 5:25 AM
Scottie12 wrote:Windows 10 - Error - Access violation etc

Same here. Game won't launch.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 16 6:37 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Access Violation

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Sep 20, 16 8:21 AM
Same problem. Access violation. Windows 10. This is becoming ridiculous. And the HELP pages do not help.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 20, 16 8:37 AM
Just wanted to say that i have Windows 10 on a PC and the game plays perfect.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 16 8:50 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an access violation error message when trying to play this game Kacey5. It is highly recommended to refer to the troubleshooting steps in the following help article as they are specific to the error message and your operating system. Thank you CiChDa for mentioning that your game is working on your system.

Access Violation

Windows 10

If you find that the error message still appears, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Editio

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 20, 16 8:55 AM
CiChDa wrote:Just wanted to say that i have Windows 10 on a PC and the game plays perfect.

Are you laptop or desktop Win 10, and have you gotten the latest service pack (it was a HUGE install)? My games started going wonky after the SP installation.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 20, 16 9:11 AM
Windows 10 - Error - Access violation etc
I have not installed the service pack.

However - the game shut down on it's own and when I tried again it worked fine.

But I am going to wait to buy it to see if they put out a fix.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 20, 16 10:08 AM
I am running on a desk top, i apologize for not mentioning that lotatuv.

And yes, I did get the latest install. It was quite large. (you are asking about the update, right?)

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 20, 16 10:09 AM
Now you have me confused, what is the service pack?

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 20, 16 10:17 AM
CiChDa wrote:Now you have me confused, what is the service pack?

That's the huge update (not the update to Win10 from Win8 etc. but an update to already installed Win10), the one that took like three reboots and forever to install. Came out early September I think. Anyway - I've checked all my drivers, done everything I can think of, and the game still won't work. Phooey. Sounds like I'm not the only one so hopefully they'll fix it.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 20, 16 10:58 AM
I just did an update the other day....
I did reboot along with it taking control and doing that.
It took about 2 hours, think that is it?

Mine came from closing down and updating...
Yours?

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 10:59:33 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 20, 16 11:17 AM
CiChDa wrote:I just did an update the other day....
I did reboot along with it taking control and doing that.
It took about 2 hours, think that is it?

Mine came from closing down and updating...
Yours?

Yes, I believe we're talking about the same thing. Thanks! :-)

[Post New]by devilwolf81 on Sep 20, 16 4:47 PM
I am working with windows 10 not having issues with that. I do have a problem when you are trying to get to Merlin the tree with the slides, I had them moved now the bottom one has come back and won't move so I can get the coins

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Sep 20, 16 8:39 PM
I'm having problems in the bonus chapter, almost at the end (at Ivy's house). I can't use the map and the hint is doing nothing.

I installed the game again with not luck.

Using W7 Premium, in One-in- all computer.

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by redknight on Sep 20, 16 9:28 PM
minesita wrote:I'm having problems in the bonus chapter, almost at the end (at Ivy's house). I can't use the map and the hint is doing nothing.

Same here. Windows 7

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Sep 21, 16 2:51 AM
Cannot open game because of Error code Running Windows 10 which has had the latest large update

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Editi

[Post New]by rosiekb on Sep 21, 16 7:36 AM
redknight wrote:
minesita wrote:I'm having problems in the bonus chapter, almost at the end (at Ivy's house). I can't use the map and the hint is doing nothing.

Same here. Windows 7

I'm having the same problem. Can't exit the room, hint doesn't work and map is not working, so can't go anywhere else in the game!! Very frustrating, considering the amount of money I spend with Big Fish Games!!

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried with a different player etc etc.

Edited on 09/21/2016 at 7:39:34 AM PST

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Sep 21, 16 8:53 AM
Windows 7. Cannot complete the Bonus Chapter. None of the places where the cursor is a magnify glass work. You cannot open required actions that need to be completed. Cursor keeps disappearing. Also, if you open the task book you cannot close it.

Edited on 09/21/2016 at 8:14:17 PM PST

Go to: