Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 20, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/20/2016 at 6:37:27 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 16 6:37 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 20, 16 3:11 PM
Hi friends! We have a very nice little game today. The graphics are very well done, very clear, with bright true colors for a change. Animation is exceptional. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen very nicely. Voice overs are pretty well done, being age and character appropriate. It was annoying that you could click through some dialog, but not all, so you had to listen to the entire thing before moving on. Had some emotion, but not a lot, still nice. Music was mostly soothing until something was about to happen, then off it went. Sound FX aren't too bad, but only seemed to show up when something was about to happen. Otherwise, you pretty much just hear the music.

HOPs are extremely well done. I think this is what I like the most about this game. We have a variation of interactive HOPs, FROGs, silhouettes, puzzle pieces, match and find various objects. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can switch to a match 2, where you turn over coins to match to something related, e.g. broom/witch hat, etc. I certainly didn't get bored with the varied HOPs, but I did with the match 2...I prefer the standard match 3 game. Puzzles are very simple and took no time or thought to complete. Hint system is quite helpful, but it does not transport you to longer locations. That's okay, because you don't really travel great distances at a time. I didn't even look at the map, but I assume you can use it to jump locations. SG is the standard and does show you where all the collectibles are found. This is the only reason I ever look at the SG, in case I miss one.

Collectibles aren't many, but aren't badly done either. We have to find 34 puzzle pieces, which are fairly large and can be obscured a bit by something else. We also have 15 varied figurines...no, they are not the game characters. I almost forgot to look for these, as they are large enough to see, but because they are all different, they just looked like part of the scene.

This game is not challenging and the story is nothing new. However, I really liked the HOPs and the story enough to want to play it out and see what happens. This is the perfect game for one of those "I don't want to do anything else" kind of days. I'm not too sure this is CE worthy, but for some reason, I want the CE version. I think most levels of players will find this one a bit of fun. Yes, I'm adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 23, 16 3:52 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

I replayed Queen's Quest :Tower of Darkness, thinking that Queen's Quest 2 : Stories of Forgotten Past was a continuation game. The games are completely separate. You do not have to play the 1st Queen's Quest game before you play this one.

The CE was much better than the 1st Queen's Quest game. The HOs in this version were much better and there were breaks and a mixture of strategies.

Thanks Developers and Big Fish.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by NancySusan on Sep 23, 16 5:48 PM
First off, let me say that I'm sure some people will love this game: the graphics are often beautiful, creative, often fun, crisp and beautifully colored. However, after 30 minutes of game play, the feyness (as in magical, fairy tale quality) of it all was really wearing thin for me, I didn't much like the mini-games I played, and didn't care about the potions which are numerous (2 in those 30 or so minutes). And while I sometimes like fairyland games, this just didn't do it for me, and I exited and deleted it, sad to leave the prettiness of the game, but starting to feel a bit like tearing my hair. I did love the snails though

Edited on 09/23/2016 at 5:49:27 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 23, 16 10:54 PM
There was so much promise with this game that I gave it a full go. Should've waited for the SE.
- Graphics are good, not great, same with VO.
- Guide was downright blurry. Don't know what's up with that.
- Why was I collecting anything? Could not find anything in the extras to explain this.
-Story line started off so promising but ended up just leaving me with "what?"
- SO many HOS...so many...and another one...oh, great, this one repeats...
- Bonus game was 20 minutes. Yep. And included 2 HOS (gaaaa!!! More HOS!!) that were the same from the main game. Good grief.

Save your pennies fishies and wait for the SE. Or just not at all.

Happy gaming All!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 24, 16 6:32 PM
Based on completed game and bonus with no tech issues.

I thought this game was pleasant and I enjoyed it. It was like taking a peaceful walk in the park.

The story was fun. It was similar to Sinister Knowledge in that each chapter brought you to a different kind of world. Not a lot of time to get bored, as the characters and scenery will keep changing.

For me, I thought the game was absolutely beautiful to look at and the voiceovers were well done. This is another one of those games where you can go clicking on most of the creatures you see in the scenes - which is something I can't keep myself from doing for some reason.

So, I liked the story. I liked the graphics and ambience. It was the gameplay that is keeping me from gushing over this one. I found the puzzles very easy throughout the game and collectibles were not difficult to find. The HOP scenes were strange to me. Like they were HOPs for people that don't like HOPs. There were a few find the rune types, that were pretty straightforward and gave some challenge.

The other HOPs were lists or silhouettes. On these, there were easily 1/3 to 1/2 of the items on the list that were "interactive." But not interactive in the sense that you needed to put items together logically to get the item in question. No, these were pixel hunting for the gears so you could move aside items to see the one on the list. It was strange to me to do that much pixel hunting and it didn't really do it for me.

I thought the length was standard. No clue on the main game for me, but it felt average and the bonus took me 40 min (I did time myself on that one). Caveat for time reporting - no SG peeks, sparkles, hints or skips and lots of poking rats, birds, bunnies and squirrels.

Can't gush over this game, but I did think there were a lot of nicely done elements within. This is a good game to play when you just want to relax in some lovely settings.

[Post New]by SHAUNALEEDEAN on Sep 24, 16 8:07 PM
I thought this game was very beautiful ,and i liked that the games were different for a nice change , the only thing that ticked me off was that i didn't get to see is i collected all the colector things ! why have them in the game if u can't go back and get the ones u missed , or at least see if u did get them all , anyway i am a very visual person and i loved it, just one more thing , when are u going to make games that take longer than ONE
day to play ? i would gladly pay moor if it lasted LONGER !!!!!!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 5, 16 9:42 PM
Thank you Bartsister for describing my feelings about this game. I was kind of disappointed that the collectibles were all for nuttin :/ and we could not go back to pick them up after completing the game.
I enjoyed playing it and the fairy-tale settings were clear and colorful, v.o. fine and characters okay.
I am not sorry I bought this game but just a little disappointed like I said earlier.

I am giving this pretty game & 3/4 out of possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problem.

Edited on 11/05/2016 at 9:48:55 PM PST

Go to: