Stuck on Pirate Ship Lvl

[Post New]by BaileyZoo on Mar 19, 10 6:18 PM
Okay, I'm stuck. While I'm not quite negative, I'm also not making enough profit to buy the supplies I need. I then make customers angry when I don't have their potion and I can't seem to break the cycle of barely scraping by. I've already restarted the lvl twice (I was too negative and the second time I just got frustrated and tried to do it again, but better). I'm willing to do so again if it means that this time I'll be able to escape. Any tips? Any at all?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Stuck on Pirate Ship Lvl

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 19, 10 7:48 PM
BaileyZoo wrote:Okay, I'm stuck. While I'm not quite negative, I'm also not making enough profit to buy the supplies I need. I then make customers angry when I don't have their potion and I can't seem to break the cycle of barely scraping by. I've already restarted the lvl twice (I was too negative and the second time I just got frustrated and tried to do it again, but better). I'm willing to do so again if it means that this time I'll be able to escape. Any tips? Any at all?

Are you doing any marketing? This is a hard level to get enough customers on if you don't have at least Flying Monkeys working for you.

Robin

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 7:49:16 PM PST

Haroldge
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Stuck on Pirate Ship Lvl

[Post New]by Haroldge on Apr 3, 10 12:27 AM
Hi. I just succeeded here evn though it took me several times of triaal and error. I really had to play fast and loose with the money.

First I took a loan of 2000. I upgraded to corporate mole and used him a lot. I did some other simple upgrades like appearance, warhouse, entertainment. And, importantly, the elephant spell which I can't live without. I set advertising to continuous infomercials. My strategy was to always beat him to the next potion so I'd have a monopoly for at least awhile.

Then I'd check the weather. If it was a heavy shopping day I'd put 4 of the persuasion trolls in front of his shop to dry up his customers. I had to keep upgrading to santas helper to keep up with the traffic. If it was a light shopping day I'd cut way back. But I always kept my research and advertising high.

I was always on the brink as far as money goes. As soon as FGM bailed me out I took another 2000. Also, if you use corporate mole it shows you on the pricing screen what he has been charging.

And finallly, I got lucky. I got the magician twice (the one who makes it appear the other guys shop is closed.)

I am guessing that if you're popularity is higher than his then you will get the majority of customers and then I just kept hitting him hard on the high traffic days.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

Re:Stuck on Pirate Ship Lvl

[Post New]by b00kworm on Apr 3, 10 12:48 AM
It's a difficult level, but later on it gets even more difficult.

The best strategy with the game I've found is to invest into research (because after a while a new disease will appear, whether you're ready or not), marketing and upgrades for the shop. Also try to slowly increase the potion ingredients you keep in stock, so you're better prepared for days with a lot of shoppers. I actually rarely make use of the goons in the beginning, because they tend to get too expensive then. Instead, I use them to finish off my competitors, once I've established myself.

You just have to keep your prices not too high and wait until more and more of the customers get on your side (they turn blue). If you still find it too difficult, try going back one level and play the last one again to train your abilities a bit more.

Go to: