bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 20, 10 2:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Post any Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Mar 20, 10 4:32 AM
The game will not finish downloading. It just sits on the installing and does not do any of the installing, it just sits there and spins.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 20, 10 5:08 AM
Yeah, after I click New Game, OgreD 3DTexture cannot render, program closes.
What the hell are they putting in video cards these days? Time machines?
2nd game in a row with video problems, yesterday being Alice.

[Post New]by bifforacing on Mar 20, 10 10:14 AM
Although I found the 10th CD under a book in the drawer, The game would not let me pick it up, Despite trying to go out open the drawer and closing game down and re-opening the book will not move to allow me to collect the 10th CD.
I cannot continue with the trial as I can't collect this item.
biffo-racing

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 20, 10 10:21 AM
bifforacing, I've been having the same sort of problem - see my thread re. the Credit card.

thika7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by thika7777 on Mar 20, 10 12:47 PM
I just crashed at the bookcase in the library. Have not tried again.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Mar 20, 10 2:50 PM
I am running windows 7. In the very begining when I click on hanger 9 the text flashed across the screen in a flash. There is no way to read it. I closed the program and came here so I will try again and see if it happens more. Its a shame It looks like a good game.

When I loaded the game back up everything seems to be fine. So most likely a burp. Good game so far.

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 3:07:53 PM PST

[Post New]by leosteph on Mar 20, 10 5:06 PM

I cannot get this game to download onto my computer. Any suggestions? I am running Vista and know that certain games will not run on this computer, but just want to know if anyone has any ideas?

leosteph

Edited on 03/20/2010 at 5:07:34 PM PST

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Replayer on Mar 20, 10 5:57 PM
Downloaded fine, and played fine until I shut it down.

Now, won't open, or opens then gives me Error Access Violation message.

Any fixes in the works?

Windows 7 Home Premium.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Mar 20, 10 7:27 PM
I am stuck at the end of the professor's apartment. A message came up asking me if I wanted to leave the level or finish looking for bonus items (dog). I decided to keep looking, but can't find them all and have used all my hints. However, now how do I get out of there and to the next level which I believe is the mansion?

[Post New]by alicekramden on Mar 20, 10 7:37 PM
Running Windows XP. I forget now where I got to...but it was a bedroom and when the safe combination appears on the wall, the games crashes. Has happened twice. I'm disappointed because it looks like a great game!

[Post New]by gipsy_2007 on Mar 20, 10 8:00 PM
I was really enjoying this game, but my computer has crashed twice - auto close of all Windows programs and it says there is a serious problem with this program. Any help from the techies on this?

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 20, 10 8:08 PM
I use Windows XP Home Edition service pack 3, and have confirmed that I have the latest version of DirectX and my video card drivers are updated, but as soon as the scene after the professor's apartment loads (a mansion or castle on a mountain top) the game crashes. I have tried three times with the same result. Has anyone gotten past this?

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 20, 10 8:11 PM
jramme wrote:I am stuck at the end of the professor's apartment. A message came up asking me if I wanted to leave the level or finish looking for bonus items (dog). I decided to keep looking, but can't find them all and have used all my hints. However, now how do I get out of there and to the next level which I believe is the mansion?

Have you gotten the dog on top of the armoire that has the door into the secret room? If you have not found that one, click on the cardboard box on top of the armoire and it will move to reveal the dog. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Mar 21, 10 7:02 AM
My game crashed after I finished the scene in the secret passageway from the bedroom. Then I had to start from the beginning because it didn't save my progress.

sissylu419
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sissylu419 on Mar 21, 10 11:33 AM
I've been playing BF games for several years without any problems. I purchased this game and played for about 4 hours, then crash! Blue screen of death! Now I can't even play 5 minutes without it crashing. This is the second game in a week that has crashed my computer. Done all the updates, Dr. Felix, the whole shebang...still nothing. What's going on?

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Mar 21, 10 12:29 PM
I got into the secret room from the professor's apartment and found all but the last dog and and the last piece of paper. When I clicked the box on the bookshelf, it moved and showed the paper. Before I could click on it, the box moved back and will not move again so that I can get the last paper. Help!! I am running Vista and didn't have any problems until this.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Mar 21, 10 3:44 PM
I'm having the same problems - Windows XP, 2 crashes, says I don't have Directx 9.0, but I do. Dismantled my spyware. Still crashed. So did Vampireville. What gives? I love this game - I'm so disappointed!!!

collerton
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by collerton on Mar 21, 10 5:43 PM
I really liked the game, but couldn't finish the demo because I was having constant mouse problems. I am running Windows 7 with a wireless mouse. The mouse acts like it is moving through mud.

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Mar 21, 10 6:41 PM
My problem has to do with close-ups. When you have to find differences between the 2 Spanish soldiers, the scene looks like it was put through a shredder! I finished this puzzle by random clicking everything! Then it happened again on the secret lock with the 3 red x's. I've had this problem before in games, but only on cut scenes, never during game play itself. Any suggestions?

Go to: