Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 22, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/22/2016 at 7:36:23 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by naturelover4 on Sep 22, 16 1:46 AM
I can't get past the broken stained glass window in the chapel. I fix the bent key on the anvil in Chapter 2, head to the chapel, I see the two guards through the window but the keyhole never appears. The screen just stays on the peephole thru the broken glass. I'm playing the demo and would like to purchase the game but it won't let me move beyond this point. Ive tried stitching profiles and deleting and reinstalling the game. Please fix this glitch!! I'm using a Microsoft Pro 4 with Windows10.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Casey1611 on Sep 22, 16 4:00 AM
i am also having the same issue, i have straightened the bent key but cant get the keyhole to appear in the chapel stained glass door.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Sep 22, 16 4:12 AM
Hi

Please dont hold me to this but I recall moving around the broken glass hole and something kicked in sorry to be vague I am sure someone else will explain far better than me but this may get you going quicker.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 22, 16 4:35 AM
The chapel key hole is in the centre of the door about three-quarters of the way down and it's covered by something so you have to click on it to remove it, and then you can use the key.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 22, 16 6:26 AM
For the mini game where you have to build crowns with a marble - THERE IS NO MARBLE. Anyone else having this problem?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 22, 16 7:36 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear people have been seeing some issues in the game. Whenever someone is having trouble getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Nefersitra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nefersitra on Sep 22, 16 10:36 AM
The castle token hasn't appeared with the wedding presents in my game so I can't follow Rasputin.

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Sep 22, 16 2:23 PM
Yes Lolaluv Im having the same problem with crowns game I have no marble?? If you find the solution please let me know

[Post New]by Casey1611 on Sep 22, 16 7:59 PM
I cant get my chapel scene to scroll out. its too up close to move down to the keyhole, anyone able to shed some light on how to get passed it?

[Post New]by Ang0516 on Sep 22, 16 11:24 PM
I'm Having issues with the castle token for the mini game. It never appeared in the pile of wedding gifts. I was unaware of it until I consulted the Guide after getting stuck. I can't go back and pick it up now.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Sep 23, 16 12:55 AM
I had the same problem with the crown puzzle...I didn't have a marble and had to skip the puzzle. Windows - 64 bit.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 23, 16 6:36 AM
To all those missing the marble.........click on the RESET button and it will appear. I had the same issue but managed to find it by pressing everything!!

It worked for me so hope it helps

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 23, 16 3:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to offer some help for the issues being discussed here. Thank you angelfish106 for including that great tip! Using the reset budget can certainly be helpful if an item is missing.

If anyone is still encountering a tech problem I suggest trying the steps in the following help article. They're versatile and can be applied to a variety of different situations, such as these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If people continue to see an issue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help as best they can, and have the tools needed to provide in-depth, customized support.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by dawns79 on Sep 23, 16 3:37 PM
I am having issues in the second chapter with getting the eagle key. I can not get the lady to talk and give me the eagle key. I have clicked multiple times on her. I see the three green dots but click and nothing. I use the hint button and it tells me I need to move on. I have tried restarting multiple times. Very disappointed that I can not play this game.
I am running on a mac os x

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Sep 23, 16 4:31 PM
Having an issue by the eidelweiss flowers where the guide says to use the brush 3x and then the strong net appears. My cursor changes to the magnifying glass when I mouse over the wall, but if I click on it or try using the brush, nothing happens. Not sure if it's a glitch or I'm just clicking in the wrong spot. Running Windows 10.

wl552
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by wl552 on Sep 23, 16 7:28 PM
As with some others, the castle token never showed up. I consulted the guide to find where it is. By this time the gifts section in the wedding area is locked out and I can't access it, thus I can't move on in the game. Annoyingly, I'm going to have to start over again and hopefully get the castle token this next time. In the meantime, the game needs updated to fix this issue. I paid for the game, it needs to work. :/

[Post New]by jadedagger on Sep 23, 16 9:04 PM
I am also having issues getting past the stained glass window in the chapel scene. This is very frustrating. If you can offer any assistance, that would be great. I really don't want to have to start the game over if at all possible.

[Post New]by Shailana on Sep 24, 16 3:16 PM
Having an issue in Chapter 6 in the Royal Bedroom. I cannot use the marble on the puzzle above the bed. I can't even click on the puzzle and get a new window to open. I am getting a magnifying glass cursor, but clicking does nothing. Please fix or tell me how to fix this.

ckbmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ckbmom on Sep 24, 16 10:10 PM
I missed getting the Castle Token and now cannot move on in the game. I will have to restart, which is annoying. This is the second Dark Parables Collector's Edition where I will have to do this. It was necessary with a glitch in the Dire Tree Collector's Edition, too. Updates need to be rolled out immediately.

Go to: