Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 24, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/24/2016 at 7:32:06 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 24, 16 7:31 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Sep 24, 16 12:45 PM
Before I waste my precious data allotment downloading the trial for this game, does anyone know if the video issues plagueing this developers game on win10 systems have ever been resolved, or even addressed?

I have an hp laptop, all direct x, flash, shockwave, and video drivers current, win10, 2G Nvidia gfx card and latest core i7 processor.

I currently own 15 Mad Head games, going back to the first Rite of Passage, that are totally unplayable with sound but no video. I spent this morning looking for current forum posts on these games to see if people were still reporting this issue - they are. I did not see a single update available for any of these games, or any helpful info or comments from bfg other than the canned copy and paste of their generic one-size-fits-all (it doesn't) redirect to the help pages.

The only thing I've found that actually works, sort of, is a workaround involving the screen resolution. The problem with this is that it usually takes me several sessions to complete a game, closing it down each time. The next time I try to open it, I have to change the resolution back again - back and forth and back and forth for each session. This rearranges my logically ordered desktop icons and is a total pain. Did I miss something? Was there some advice somewhere that actually works - once and done - instead of having to fuss every time I want to play a Mad Head game?

They've had a few interesting looking releases over the past month, but I can't waste data downloading something that won't work. Any suggestions? Has anyone had this problem and found a PERMANENT fix to enable them to play games from this developer, either a computer setting or a game setting? Also, I've noticed little idiosyncrasies in various hp system I've had throughout the years, is this maybe an hp issue? Has anyone had this problem on a win10 system OTHER than an hp?

Edited on 09/24/2016 at 2:45:51 PM PST

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Sep 25, 16 6:08 AM
Hi DesertHermit
Have you tried installing Vlan player that helps with some game issues I've had in the past. I have all the madhead nevertales games and don't have any issue with win 10, It sounds very much like a graphic card game settings issue, but as I don't have Nvidia in my system I couldn't say for sure.
I also updated win 10 to 1607 which has helped with other games that wouldn't play properly

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Sep 25, 16 10:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Morgana, I will certainly try them as I'd like to be able to replay several of the games I already own as well as at least be able to try the new releases.

However, I was really hoping to hear from some of the people that had this same problem when it first appeared some time last year (I can't remember if it was the last Nevertales or the Rite of Passage...) At that time, there were dozens of players reporting this same issue on the tech threads for every game produced by this developer. Where are they now? Did they find a good fix, or just give up and wander away to some other site? On some of those games, I saw reports of this same issue as recently as two weeks ago, so whatever is causing it has apparently never been resolved.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Sep 26, 16 4:48 AM
I am having the same problem, been downloading for 2 days now. I can not delete it to start again.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Sep 26, 16 4:48 AM
I am having the same problem, been downloading for 2 days now. I can not delete it to start again.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 26, 16 9:41 AM
Another game with a debug message. It was bad enough with the last one because I hadn't tried it before, but this one? I played the beta with zero problems except not liking the "gimmick." Certainly I had no debug messages. I almost purchased this without playing the demo. I'm glad I did not waste my money or my credits.

Oh well, another week with no new game, I guess.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 26, 16 4:26 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the technical issues you are seeing with this game. It sounds like there are a few issues here to address, so I'd like to try to help with them and provide further steps if more help is needed.

First, if you are having trouble with the game downloading or installing properly, this page from our Help Pages could assist with resolving that quickly:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If there seems to be trouble with the display of the game, then the following page's steps describing how to update one's graphics card could assist with resolving that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

That said, if these steps don't seem to help, or if you'd like to receive personalized troubleshooting assistance based off your current computer, then please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. With that Dr. Felix Report, our representatives are able to create personalized troubleshooting plans. Our Reps can also gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the general assistance the forums are able to give, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks for your time and patience everyone,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Jackiethe1 on Oct 1, 16 8:08 PM
I can't get past the first/initial setting, where the guy is sitting in the man's office and I go to the guys lab and they go through this door. I keep getting the prompt "there's nothing further to do here" so I go between the two offices withthe same prompt and I can't get any further. I looked for walkthrougth and strategy guide for this game, and still nothing. I am only testing the game out to see if I want to purchase it because it had five bars on all four levels. Guess what, I'm not purchasing this and I wonder who scored this game for you?

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Oct 12, 16 5:35 PM
I have downloaded this game twice on my MAC OSX. Both times I have an issue with my computer's Applications bar (? whatever you call it) on the bottom of my screen remains on the screen covering the inventory screen making it impossible to play. Any one else? This is the only game I've had this issue with. Thank you!

lindysmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by lindysmom on Oct 18, 16 4:49 PM
I played the trial version. After purchasing the game I can't get past the trial segment. It tells me that I've played that section of the game and have to start a new profile to play that section again.

[Post New]by ging219heus on Oct 27, 16 6:11 PM
I use a MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan

This game is stuck in a loop for me at the cerulean peaks part two at the (not sure I have the right name for this HOP) sight stone. It opens but the actual game is not playable. I used the hint which tells me to exit. Once out in the room, I can't find anything to do so I tried the Hint button again, and it takes me to the sight stone, but again can't play and the hint takes me back out.

I removed and reloaded the game without success.

Anything I can do to get out of it?? Did I miss something to activate it??

thank you

allan133
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by allan133 on Nov 2, 16 9:07 AM
ging219heus wrote:I use a MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan

This game is stuck in a loop for me at the cerulean peaks part two at the (not sure I have the right name for this HOP) sight stone. It opens but the actual game is not playable. I used the hint which tells me to exit. Once out in the room, I can't find anything to do so I tried the Hint button again, and it takes me to the sight stone, but again can't play and the hint takes me back out.

I removed and reloaded the game without success.

Anything I can do to get out of it?? Did I miss something to activate it??

thank you

Exactly the same problem, but I am using Windows Vista. Saw there was also a post on the main forum with the same problem.

allan133
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by allan133 on Nov 2, 16 9:50 AM
I think I cracked it! I was in the hidden tomb and looking for 6 stones. Could only find 5! Guide kept sending me to stone panel on left and hint took me straight out!
If you haven't picked up the sight stone (as I hadn't) this is the result. I went out side and picked up the sight stone, which you use to find glyphs on the big panel. You will eventually get back outside (sorry don't remember all the moves!) but you will be taken to the 'wheelbarrow' outside and in the container therein will be the 6th stone!Put this on the right-hand panel in the hidden tomb, and you should be away again! Hope this helps!

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Nov 12, 16 7:54 AM
Won't play; first get red, yellow, green printout at top of screen that says "15 registers needed to compile program," then I get the dialogue box that says "not enough video memory." I don't know how to update my video card more than I have. Windows XP. I've asked before with no response: 1) is this a solvable problem, or 2) do I need to get a new computer and if so, 3) what OS works for ALL Big Fish games?? Thanks for any guidance you can give me, fellow fishies!!

[Post New]by powers30 on Apr 11, 17 4:59 PM
i am trying to play the 3rd bonus game and it wont let me find the second rose to open the next hidden bonus game...i am reloading the game right now to see if there is a up date to fix the bug...i am using windows 8... thank you ...

Go to: