Pharmacy Level 20 - 3 stars?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Sep 24, 16 9:35 PM
Is there a trick to this one? I've tried at least 20 times and I keep getting just a point or 2 under the right score for 3 stars.
I always have all gold hearts for everyone, so that's not it. I've tried every combo of cashing people out I can think of. I find Oliver. I get the challenge.
So what's up with this level? I'm so stumped!

Has anyone gotten 3 stars on Level 20 and what did you do?

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Pharmacy Level 20 - 3 stars?

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Sep 27, 16 5:59 PM
Have you tried to cash out 5 or more patients at once? If they have all gold hearts, you won't lose the hearts so they can stay at the computer for a while.

julesy

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Sep 29, 16 2:43 PM
Yes, of course I tried that, I thought that was clear. I had tried all manner of cashing-out combos and none worked. You cannot cash out more than 5 patients though, even if a 6th arrives in time they'll just stand there and not be cashed out (and it doesn't seem to get a bonus even if you hit the register again fast enough).

But anyway, nevermind, I finally figured it out. You have to have more chaining bonuses throughout the level (which is tough because you're not bringing things to people as often as in the Delicious games, but apparently just queuing your movements so you're never standing around but actually going to patients quickly works too).

Thank you anyway.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Sep 29, 16 7:44 PM
OrionsRose wrote:Yes, of course I tried that, I thought that was clear. I had tried all manner of cashing-out combos and none worked. You cannot cash out more than 5 patients though, even if a 6th arrives in time they'll just stand there and not be cashed out (and it doesn't seem to get a bonus even if you hit the register again fast enough).
Well, actually, you were not clear. You said:
OrionsRose wrote:I always have all gold hearts for everyone, so that's not it.
That does not indicate that you cash out multiple patients (i.e., 4 or more) with all gold hearts at once. For all I knew, you could be cashing out one patient with gold hearts at a time. I was able to cash out 5+ patients with all gold hearts at a time without the other chaining and get the 3 stars and challenge completed. Apparently a different approach worked for you.

julesy

Edited on 09/29/2016 at 7:46:26 PM PST

Pharmacy Level 20 - 3 stars?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Sep 30, 16 9:30 PM
Actually, what I originally said was:
OrionsRose wrote:I always have all gold hearts for everyone, so that's not it. I've tried every combo of cashing people out I can think of.
So yes, I did believe I was clear in my first post. I'm sorry you did not feel that I was.

But yes, you are correct that you can cash out 6 patients (if they get there in time and you can hit the register fast enough). I did some experimenting with that and it can work but it's sure tricky. They certainly made this game tough!

Go to: