RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Eco Rescue - Mac Version review

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Mar 21, 10 6:34 AM
Somewhat disappointing Hidden Object Game. Should really be placed in the Kids Category. Very easy.

Pros - Ran fine on my iMac with Snow Leopard (with one exception). Music and sound effects are good. Would be great in a classroom setting as the storyline is not complicated, so you could play for a few minutes, quit and easily get started again. Untimed.

Cons - Picture is very grainy. Options menu (which can only be accessed by quitting the game) suggests those with wide screen monitors play in windowed mode. This is still grainy, but small. Game doesn't remember player, so you have to click on Load Game, player name and then click on Load Profile to start game. Hints do not start out fully loaded. In the one spot the difference puzzles, the differences are very subtle, unlike the tutorial level where they were completely obvious. In the jigsaw puzzle mode, the Right click option did not work for me. You have to use the space bar while holding down on the mouse button to rotate the pieces.

Not the worst game I've ever played, but didn't even want to finish the demo. Nice idea for a game, that could have been much better.

Go to: