RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Many Years Ago Mac review

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Mar 21, 10 8:19 AM
I have never played this type of game before (not even the Sims), so I needed to use the walkthrough to figure out things at first. I was gathering supplies for the water tower when the demo ended. I was surprised to have enjoyed the game. What's more, it didn't crash or freeze and everything seemed to work correctly! I have had many problems with this developer's games (Hidden Wonders of the Depths and Steve the Sheriff) in the past, but this one worked well. I have an iMac with Snow Leopard.

I can see it getting frantic as more people arrive or are born. You are constantly checking to make sure you have enough resources, everyone is busy, collecting experience coins that you can use to make your people work more quickly. People can get sick and even die. You are the chief, and need to remember to keep eating the longevity flower.

There are many mini games, but I had only unlocked one, a match 3. You need to move the tiger to the treasure chest. Winning each level gets you more resources (food or supplies). I played five levels. There were no powerups. (It was just OK.) Once you unlock them, you can play as many levels as you want.

I can see wasting many many hours on this game. I was totally absorbed. Might get annoying after a while though. It's in my maybe pile.

Go to: