begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Our Wish Lists for the Future of the Game

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 27, 16 11:57 AM
I'm sure all of us have thought, during our endless rounds from Griffin Stall to Crypt to Doll Showcase, about what we'd like to see in the Castle in the future, our hopes and dreams for what might come next. Let's share them! I bet we all have great ideas.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Re:Our Wish Lists for the Future of the Game

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 27, 16 11:59 AM
I love the new areas that open over the course of the game, but I wish we could explore more inside the castle itself. We only have the throne room, that sort of antechamber area, where the fortune wheel is, the base of the tower, and the dungeon. What about going up the tower and visiting the treasury, the royal chambers, a picture gallery, the royal wizard's workshop, the parapets ...

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 27, 16 12:02 PM
This might not be popular because I know a lot of people enjoy the fact that the game doesn't demand skill, just persistence. But I wish there was a way to add optional mini games. Maybe there could be a castle game room where players could find puzzles or mini games. To keep people from just sitting in there for hours and not spending their coins or diamonds on the main game, you could get one of each game per day and spend diamonds if you wanted to reopen them. They could offer some kind of small reward but be completely optional for those who don't like such things. I would MUCH rather do something like this than catching butterflies in the private rooms, or spinning a slot machine..

Edited on 09/27/2016 at 12:03:20 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 28, 16 8:17 AM
I'd love to explore that castle behind Henry in the IceRock! All kinds of fabulous, beautiful rooms could be in there!

Finally getting to open the Source Gates in Cloud City could be amazing, too. All kinds of possibilities there.

And how about the floating gnome wizards, or whatever they are, in the Rune Garden? Wouldn't that make a great HOS? Or even better, a whole new room?

Deeper into the Elvyn Forest would also be nice. Maybe higher in the trees? It's so nice in there, with the birds singing to us.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 28, 16 8:48 AM
Lovely game, enjoy most of the side bits. I play the Tournament's most days and would love to see a new HO added periodically into the rotation. Maybe one or two as beautiful as the new ones in the harbor or Atlantis would be perfect.
As always Happy Gaming to All.

Edited on 09/28/2016 at 10:15:31 AM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 28, 16 8:58 AM
There are so many doors, hallways, nooks and crannies everywhere that the developers could expand into. I'd love to see more of those areas. I'd love to have all the characters back, except that evil elf king who cursed the castle. I'd love to have a story featuring our uncle's family. We watched our aunt and cousin stand next to him all that time. I want to know more about them. There's lots of ways they could include the old and still do some new. The possibilities are endless. It's fun to see what they do, but I think they need some new people working on storytelling. They keep returning to the same themes and types of stories. I think when this one ends, they should try going in a different direction. Sorry, I'm a writer. I can always think of something different and interesting.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Sep 28, 16 9:45 AM
Either the wheel of frustration taken out of the tournament altogether or making it optional, one tournament with it and one without and being in the Top 100 on either counting. I hate that wheel. I get a new high base score and it counts for nothing. Without it, I could spend diamonds to improve my score and realize that achievement.

Take the tasks that depend on luck out of the Castle Challenges. Point blank. It's not fair to have achieving that depend on luck.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Sep 28, 16 1:44 PM
Make extra ship wheels bankable as inventory.
There are times when you only need a small portion of the steering wheels to meet Trina or DQ...then there you are, using up airship items and sometimes a huge overage of steering wheels are left over.
And what happens to them? Nothing. Wasted airship items and extra steering wheels that you can't use in the future.
ie: Trina needed 150 wheel. First ship 72 wheels/ 2nd ship 72 wheels / 3rd ship 87 wheels... are you kidding me? I only needed 6 wheels to finish. All those extra wheels just gone.. poof.
Extra steering wheels should count as inventory. Quite frankly I'm surprised they have not all along.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 29, 16 12:55 AM
These are all great. YES, ship wheels should be like thankyou cards or pet medallions any other reward for a task -- you should be able to keep the extra.

There's almost an infinite number of places they could add new HOS, isn't there?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Sep 29, 16 10:50 AM
I want to go upstairs in the castle.............those stairs by the dragon.........killing me whats up there!!

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Sep 29, 16 12:05 PM
I've been wanting to go beyond the Source Gate doors. I think there was a part in the story when the Source Gates were sealed. Let's unseal them!!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 29, 16 12:21 PM
I think it would be fun if some of the quests were in the form of riddles -- "find 10 flutes in hidden object scenes" or "five pieces of jewelry" or what have you. You could go to all the ones where you know that's one of the items, and if you weren't sure you could just do rounds until you hit it.

I'd like them to get REALLY riddly and make you think and maybe be challenging to the point of frustration, but that wouldn't be fair to people who don't want to have to solve riddles. Maybe those could be optional side quests that don't affect the game -- the daily riddle?

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Sep 29, 16 1:51 PM
I love everyone's suggestions thus far! I am interested in going deeper into those areas we currently have - The Castle itself as many have said. The Elven Forrest is one area I would love to see more of as well.

They could even add places between areas - like along the road from the Castle to the Town, or the Castle to the Elven Forest...just a spot here and there with a HOS or two to explore and make you feel like you are making a journey to these places.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Sep 29, 16 6:09 PM
I would like interactive elements as part of quests. For example snuff out five candles or empty a bag of dust. There are so many options. As far as tournaments, I wish that when players reach top 100 that they graduate to a higher level game. I rarely play playing fast hurts my hand the way night mode hurt people's eyes. However occasionally I give it a go,I have seldom increased my score and in 18 months I have only got to top 100 4 times and not recently. I can't imagine how the top player get such high scores just wish the playing field were leveled from time to time. Otherwise I enjoy e every other part of the game.. and look forward to what each day brings.

lmcrane
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by lmcrane on Sep 29, 16 7:43 PM
More rooms in the Castle!
Dining Hall, Dungeons, Bed Chambers, Secret Passages, Kitchen and Pantry, Privy, Great Hall and a Clock Tower.
We need more Castle in Midnight Castle.

aka aMissTory

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 29, 16 7:52 PM
lmcrane wrote:More rooms in the Castle!
Dining Hall, Dungeons, Bed Chambers, Secret Passages, Kitchen and Pantry, Privy, Great Hall and a Clock Tower.
We need more Castle in Midnight Castle.

aka aMissTory

Oooohhhh....... let's not ........private things should be private!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Sep 29, 16 7:55 PM
Ha! The privy could be pretty funny. The MCF game Madame Fate includes a few unlockable bonus scenes and the top-level one is the Outhouse, but I"ve never found enough morphing objects in the game to unlock it ...

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Sep 30, 16 6:49 AM
BAPPLE wrote:As far as tournaments, I wish that when players reach top 100 that they graduate to a higher level game. I rarely play playing fast hurts my hand the way night mode hurt people's eyes. However occasionally I give it a go,I have seldom increased my score and in 18 months I have only got to top 100 4 times and not recently. I can't imagine how the top player get such high scores just wish the playing field were leveled from time to time. Otherwise I enjoy e every other part of the game.. and look forward to what each day brings.

This could be a good solution and would give everyone more of a shot at that orange kitty!

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Sep 30, 16 7:48 AM
I want to know how the Lost Fairy got lost! And find out what is in the hole in the tree that is covered with vines.
And both the dark tower and the castle have so many possibilities!
I think new lands can wait while we find out more about where we have already opened!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 30, 16 11:39 AM
BAPPLE wrote:As far as tournaments, I wish that when players reach top 100 that they graduate to a higher level game...

I think this is a great idea!
Automatically, when you get your 10th top 100. An exclusive tournament where your ginger kitty gets you in! It would definitely make things more fair for the rest of us & give the perpetual winners stiffer competition against their peers. It should make their tournaments more exciting for them, too. Win/win.

In fact, since all our achievements come in 3 levels, there could be a third tier tournament for those who have won more than 100 times! Imagine the competition in there!

Just one request - make those upper-level tourneys "open" to spectators, so us peons can peek in on their progress. Could be fun for everybody!

Go to: