Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 29, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/29/2016 at 6:53:38 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 29, 16 1:15 AM
Yet another game from these devs whose 'Mac' version won't work. The game won't open just get the 'send a report' dialog box.

I've rebooted MacBook Pro, uninstalled and reinstalled but can't get it to work.

MacOS Sierra. Not had this issue with any other games.

Any help be appreciated, thanks.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 29, 16 6:54 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Sep 29, 16 12:32 PM
I've got several Domini games. I got an an access violation on the first scene. On this one, I can only assume there is so much loaded for effects or whatever that doesn't even add to the game, leaving thousands of us fishies in the dust. The message to us is, you're out of luck or get a new computer! Some of us are not swimming in dough! By the way,I have windows xp and I can download and play most large file or over 1gb with no problem at all. To developers, sometimes, please don't pack games to the gills and make games unplayable to the average game player.

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Sep 29, 16 3:54 PM
In demo hint stopped working-uninstalled & reinstalled - turned off special effects & started new profile-hint worked fine-bought game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 29, 16 5:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in here to provide some help for the issues people have been noticing in the game. I also want to thank jmidge0217 for sharing the workaround they used for that problem with the hint button!

belamba, thank you for taking the time to report this here. The appropriate teams are in the process of investigating this situation, and a fix will hopefully be available soon. While the Forum Moderation Team doesn't receive advanced information on when fixes may be released, we'll certainly make sure to post to the forums when there are any new updates available.

cabanaeast18, I'm sorry to hear that you got an access violation when you started playing the game. Our teams certainly understand the frustration this sort of thing can cause, and we want people to be able to enjoy their games without experiencing problems like this. To help with this situation, I suggest taking a look at the steps in the following help articles. The first in particular can be useful in addressing this kind of error:

Access Violation
Game Compatibility

If this problem continues, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help as best they can, and are able to provide further, in-depth assistance for technical issues.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by annadnl on Sep 30, 16 5:36 AM
same here - not starting - macosx sierra.
jesus christ, 2nd game not working in 3 days, cancelling my subscription right this moment. paying a monthly fee for not working games - no, thanks.

[Post New]by aerogers1018 on Sep 30, 16 7:11 AM
Mac OSX Sierra - nada. Again. Another game with no ability to even attempt to play it.

Open game - icon jumps in my dock like it's going to open.

Aaaaaand it doesn't.

Again.

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Sep 30, 16 8:56 AM
Win 7, 64 bit

Did fine till I got to Amelie's room; the shelves accessed with a lever. First time through, all 4 shelves worked. 2nd time ... program crashed. On reboot, the lever disappeared and I cannot access the shelf with the icon game at all. I'm unable to move forward.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Sep 30, 16 5:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been experiencing these problems in the game. Our teams are aware that players using Mac OSX Sierra have been encountering issues preventing them from playing the game, and they're in the process of investigating the situation. I want to assure everybody that, while the Moderation Team doesn't receive advanced details on when a fix will be available, we'll definitely post to this forum when any new information is released.

Athenatoo, I understand that the game crashed in a certain scene, and now one of the items is missing. It may help to try the steps in the help articles that I've included below. These can be useful in a variety of situations, including ones like this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If this continues, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools needed to gather data on and provide customized support for technical issues.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If there are any questions please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Sep 30, 16 7:07 PM
Hint button does not work in Demo. Skip button does not work in Demo. I have no interest in minigames. No skip button means I don't buy it.

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Sep 30, 16 8:10 PM
Restarted the game under a new profile. Everything worked this time UNTIL I got to the scene where you need to prop a ladder up to the ceiling light fixture. I put the ladder up, and the screen started blinking. Now the ladder is there, but I can't access the light and whatever is up there on it.

I wonder if we are not allowed to perform actions out of sequence (not the same order as the strategy guide). If we get ahead of steps, the game freezes.

Collydoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Collydoll on Oct 1, 16 12:33 AM
Hi Im stuck at the Mayors House. First part of HOP worked fine but now Im trying to pick up the gloves x4 nails x 4 etc and cant click on anything so I hit hint and it gave me 'nothing to do here'? Whats up with it BF Guys? Help please.

rdrsfan31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rdrsfan31 on Oct 1, 16 9:31 AM
I'm stuck on Chapter 4 The Haunted Lake, the mini game where you need to get the drones across the lake. My game stops responding, freezes up. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Up until now the game has been running great, I've really enjoyed it thus far. Any help would be appreciated!
PS I've turned of Special Effects and still have the same problem...

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 9:35:10 AM PST

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Oct 5, 16 6:27 AM
Me too.... Hint and skip button doesnt work. Managed to get halfway through the game without but stuck. windows 10, brand new computer (2 days old)

[Post New]by doughnuts49er on Oct 6, 16 4:25 PM
Same thing is happening to me collydoll. I am running win 10.

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Oct 7, 16 9:04 AM
I like this game and would like to continue playing, especially after paying for it! I am not a huge fan on mini games and after trying to solve for awhile I get impatient. However, the SKIP button doesn't work. As a result I am stuck. Please post a FIX update for this ASAP. Not sure what has happened to Big Fish games over the past year or so but we (the gamers) are tired of paying for things that don't work. I do not want my money back, just the game to work. Win 7

[Post New]by susieqqaue on Oct 8, 16 2:59 PM
jmidge0217 wrote:In demo hint stopped working-uninstalled & reinstalled - turned off special effects & started new profile-hint worked fine-bought game.

I have been trying to get this game installed for two days Checked all the questions and followed all the suggestions, Yet the game was finally installed and activated but it will not start. l
I am using a PC windows 10 and I am a club member.
I also reinstalled my game manager.
Nothing has helped.
Please advise what is the problem???

[Post New]by kittidid on Oct 8, 16 11:04 PM
I too am having a freeze issue. The game was going so smoothly until I got to the Chapter 5: Madlena's House. It froze as soon as the screen loaded. No play, no sound, absolutely nothing. I cannot finish this game which makes me extremely frustrated and tired of spending my hard earned money purchasing games that freeze and no longer gives full entertainment. I have a new PC with Windows 8.1. I have purchased over 150 games and had issues with 3 so far.

Darn it, get these game issues worked out before you display them for download and quit blaming the game issues on our computer's every time a freeze or any other issue comes along. Just get out a fix for us please!

Edited on 10/09/2016 at 3:28:41 PM PST

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on Oct 9, 16 3:56 PM
I have the same problem. I'm stuck at the dragging game where you have to leave the skulls until last. I've tried it several time and I want to skip, but the skip won't work. I'm stuck and can't continue.

Go to: