Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 29, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/29/2016 at 6:51:34 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 29, 16 5:44 AM
I wasn't expecting much after reading some of the other threads but then again I often disagree with poor reviews; one man's awful game is another man's little gem....or words to that effect.

So unsurprisingly, I really liked this demo. I'm not familiar with the other games in the series, apart from one which was set somewhere snowy and was very ordinary. This has a witches theme, so as you would expect there are some elements that won't appeal to a few players but I have no such qualms.

The graphics in the main game are very sharp and clear, however in the cut scenes they become quite grainy. The HOS, of which there were several, are very varied and extremely interactive; there is a Match-3 option if you feel like a change. The puzzles were where this game scored highly for me; an 'easy or hard' option makes for some really quite challenging mini-games. I skipped the one with the skulls to save time but would really liked to have tried to complete it. Sadly replaying puzzles isn't one of the extras, so I will have to start a new profile. I'm afraid I didn't even notice the voices as I was listening to the TV at the time and I never have the music on, so can't comment on those aspects of the game.

There are 3 types of collectibles, one of which you may wish you'd never found. They are morphs, displayed in the Torture Chamber part of the extras and even the descriptions of some of them made my stomach churn I won't be viewing that room again any time soon. There are also Tarot Cards and Witch Book Pages to find.

The map transports and shows tasks, along with a choice of playing modes that includes custom. There are a lot of extras; bonus chapter, Witch Book, Tarot Cards and the aforementioned Torture Chamber as well as achievements, wallpapers, concept art and music. The SG only showed the first 2 chapters but did show the locations of the collectibles.

The only thing that let this game down for me was that yet again there's another missing zip(per) pull to find Excuse me while I scream "STOP IT" to the developers. And on the same subject, the rusty 'something' that needs an oil can is getting really old as well.

Hopefully there's a good sale at the weekend as I would really like to continue this game, along with Stranded Dreamscapes. A 'buy one CE, get another one dead cheap' sale would do nicely, thank you

ETA: No technical issues with the demo, which for me lasted 68 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 09/29/2016 at 5:54:25 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 29, 16 6:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by djoneal on Sep 29, 16 8:39 AM
Really, we have to have another game with fainting women and magic butterfly glasses for an adult women. Oh, pulease!

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Sep 29, 16 9:34 AM
I am a guy and I like this game. One of the first games I have wanted to play on this site. Let us have more games like this one.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 29, 16 8:20 PM
Hi friends! Well, we have #5 in this series. I really like this series, but... The graphics were mostly good, unless you were going in or out of a cut scene or changing locations, then the graphics were quite blurry. Don't understand why they can't make a smoother transition. Colors are very nice and bright for a change. Game play was good, no problems during the demo. Voice overs were well done, with some emotion and urgency when needed. The music was tolerable and moved with whatever was happening in the scene at the time. Animation was very well done. Sound FX were nice, but not a lot.

HOPs are a nice combination of interactive and silhouettes. Items are not hard to find, scenes are very clear and clean. There seemed to be more HOPs in this one, which I do like. You can switch to a match 3 if you get bored with the HOPs. Puzzles were nothing new, but they did have somewhat of a challenge to them. I especially like the jump map and the way it is set up. Locations are well marked by name and whether or not there is an objective, as well as a missed collectible. SG is the standard and is helpful if needed. I did not see that there was a transport feature, but this game flowed fairly well, without a tremendous amount of back- tracking.

Very nice collectibles. We need to find 15 morphing items that belong in a dungeon. These are not difficult to see, but morph quickly. There are also 36 Tarot cards to find. These can be anywhere, any color, any size. We also have pages from the witches spell book to find. These are just laying around here and there and can easily be overlooked. Nicely done.

We need to use glasses that let us see into the past to explain what and why something is happening in the future. This is an okay feature, but I really did not care for the "wavy" past scenes at all. They already look ghost like, which would have been plenty. I like this game and I like the story, which isn't really anything new either. Things sometimes jump out at you, so be prepared. I'm just not sure I want to go with the blurry graphics and the wavy past scenes. My eyes didn't much care for either. I will hold onto this one and see if a really good sale comes along and then I will surely purchase the game. If you can get past the "I didn't care for" items I mentioned, you will like this game.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the review.

acter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by acter on Oct 4, 16 2:37 AM
This is the review I posted on the game's page.

"Making a "fun" game out of a terrible time in history"

It was bad enough when the "witches" were actually bad people, but when I got to the hidden object scene in the iron maiden, I was appalled. First, torture is just not fun. Second, the fact that there were Pears of Anguish to be found... wow.
Bad. Just really really REALLY bad.

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Oct 9, 16 9:03 AM
If one can say anything about this grainy game it would be it uses the inventory items after collected in a logical order of progression, to mean: one does not stray far with a gamut of them in their inventory box for any length of time.

Fire graphics are found everywhere, but that is not the reason to keep one so steamed-up. As it plays along expect a hot(tempered)time in the old (game) town tonight while employing all the usual suspects: lost statue heads; missing zipper pulls, moving block mini-game, etc., so-much-so one can almost play the game blindfolded! I doubt a seasoned player would have the need to resort to the strategy guide for anything at all.

Now for the issue of buying a game like Mystery Tales: Eye of the Fire given these types of game are a dime-a-dozen; its up to the eye of the beholder ce n'est pas. ...But if you ask me, any given game of solitaire would be more challenging.

Go to: