bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Isidiada

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 10 12:05 AM
Solve riddles and have some Match 3 fun in Isidiada! Collect ancient treasures while basking in the hot Egyptian sun! Answer tricky riddles right away, or use your Match 3 skills to unlock helpful hints. Take on the ancient gods to discover Isidiada’s treasure and make it to the end of this fast-paced game.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Isidiada

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 22, 10 12:23 AM
Well, this has crashed my computer twice - first time wouldn't even load, second time got to the first screen then froze, then blue screen with error message about a file called ialmrnt5.

Deleted it - don't need that kind of hassle on a Monday morning. I've got enough Match 3 games anyway.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 22, 10 12:59 AM
And going by Poodlebear's comments on the other thread, I'm not missing much anyway!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 22, 10 1:06 AM
No problem with download and no problem playing, but find it rather boring. I normally love M3 games, but this one just does not cut it. It is extremely slow. A new match can not be made until all others are finished. it is a timed game with not meter as to how you are doing on time. Frankly I never figured out how letters were chosen.Graphics fair and music was ok,.,,. only ok

All in all,, this is a Seattle thumbs down for me.

Edited on 03/22/2010 at 1:17:28 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 22, 10 2:26 AM
The 'Egyptian God of Access Violations' came to my rescue....thank you, thank you, thank you.....................:-))

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 2:33 AM
LOL!!!! LOL!!!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 2:36 AM
Are you an all the way Match 3 fan or do you prefer TM just asking? Are there any out there similiar to Age of Emerald, Lost of Reefs, Babylonia or Cradle of Rome series? Just asking... Thanks

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 22, 10 3:57 AM
I LOVE match 3s and iHOGs and don't care for TMs at all. In fact bought Sims 3 and played it for all of 10 mins :-))
I do scout around looking for good match 3 games, but with rare exceptions many are as bad as Isidiada! In fact even the name is a 'tongue twister' lol!
I look at the games listed under the Match 3 genre, and before downloading the trial hour go to see what was written on the forums about the game first.
Must say I love Simplez Zoo and the Heroes of Hellus series are just fab, and also the Great Kahuna Reef games.
Also 'Unwell Mel' is fun.
Hope this helps

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Isidiada

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 22, 10 4:19 AM
Hi BFG Flounder,
Did BFG actually look at this game before releasing the blurb associated with it? It is anything but fast paced, has general knowledge questions about Egypt not riddles, and I couldn't find anyway of unlocking anything other than a 'by chance' Z or a coin? The odd coin was collected but nowhere could I see the relevance to the game. I love Match 3 games, but can honestly say this is amongst the worst ever released.

bfgFlounder wrote:Solve riddles and have some Match 3 fun in Isidiada! Collect ancient treasures while basking in the hot Egyptian sun! Answer tricky riddles right away, or use your Match 3 skills to unlock helpful hints. Take on the ancient gods to discover Isidiada’s treasure and make it to the end of this fast-paced game.

Edited on 03/22/2010 at 5:06:00 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 4:28 AM
I realized that I am messaging you back on the other review Unwell Mel was awesome. Hereos of Hellas was great, to me though it seemed as I didn't finish the game right. There were messages on other sites on what to do to and how to beat the game. For different levels there were different things to do. When I did go back and check sure enough they were right. Thanks for your advice and recommendations.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Mar 22, 10 4:42 AM
snooz fest

Edited on 03/22/2010 at 4:51:55 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 22, 10 5:10 AM
Hi Terryman,
I played Heroes of Hellus II to the end and then restarted the game as I liked it so much. I completed all the tasks? The first one I'm only halfway through, so will go and check the forum for tips on how to beat the game.
I hate timers; get really frustrated, but the power ups in many allow the game to be finished without running out of time.
I had a rare day off today and was so hoping TGT was going to be a good 'un! Still, can't win 'em all :-))

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 5:40 AM
Come on Belamba, I am typing you on the other one. I read what you wrote on the other message and my husband started to laugh!!!! That was funny!!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 5:42 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you have you played Jewel Quest 1, 2, or 3 did you like those?

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 22, 10 5:47 AM
I guess you all are riddled out you all have a good morning see ya soon!!!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 22, 10 8:10 AM
Hi Terryman,
Can't find you on other thread....guess I need another trip to Specsavers :-)) Yes, enjoyed Jewel Quest games a lot. I really enjoy most match 3 games, and am so waiting for a new and noteworthy one! Been too long a wait lol

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 22, 10 12:05 PM
Just to go back to some of the comments on THIS game (just emphasis, not shouting), I'd like to respond to two items. First, yes, there is a time counter (top middle, a crosswise bar), and you get generous additional time when you uncover hourglasses. Second, the game does in fact give you clues to the "riddle" -- if you uncover a "Z" you will get the next letter of the answer.

I agree, the game is not much as modern Match-3's go, but it's not quite as bad as some claim.

Go to: