bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 1, 16 12:29 AM
EleFun Games proudly presents the newest addition to the Fear For Sale series! It's been 40 years since a young couple disappeared in the European countryside. The case went cold until the missing woman was seen in her childhood home having seemingly not aged a day! What starts as a normal investigation quickly takes a dark turn as dark spirits try to stand in your way. Can you uncover what happened to the couple, or will you get lost in a labyrinth of mystery and deceit? Find out in this thrilling hidden-object puzzle adventure!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 1, 16 12:51 AM
Sorry, not interested in the game. Same old story; nice enough graphics, but could have been better, and some of the lip movements aren't always working when a character speaks.

There are Morphing objects in the main scenes as well as Collectables.

I was rather disappointed with the lack of choices in Custom mode. It was the same as Casual mode, but with the difference that you could tick or untick those options.

I own 6 of the 8 games that are already out, but won't add this one to my collection. I just wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement when it came to gameplay or the story itself.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Oct 1, 16 5:42 AM
I agree 100% with you, Valdy. The games BF has been putting out as of late are all carbon-copies of the other. For instance, this game here is no different than any of the other witch-themed ones, yet ELEFUN presents it as if it's the first time ever such a game was presented. So, I will not be purchasing another game from this site, until IT begins to offer games that are completely different than what has already been presented. And, judging by what BF deems a 'new entry' in their casual game repertoire, that'll be a long time coming.

PS-Mindless games such as these make me cherish card games, board games and the like. Long live Cribbage, Poker, Solitaire, Monopoly, Parcheesi, etc. Death to all cookie-cutter HOPA games!

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Oct 1, 16 7:43 AM
I agree with fishies on this game....boring. As far as wanting something different, with thousands of games out, there are only so many subjects and ways to present them. Maybe someone DOES have a different story out there. I'd like to see that.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 1, 16 10:53 AM
With respect to all that has been said, I can't pass on this game. These Dev's pay so very much attention to detail and offer you so much variety they break all the rules for me.

Even the map supports your total game play with looking for the extra's.

I haven't got to the gadget yet....I do not like them and do not like the little helpers, so I am crossing my fingers that I didn't make a bad choice with purchasing the game.

I also don't really care for the color scheme they use in their games, so with all that

These are some of the best HO's around.

Detail, detail, and variety. Outstanding!

Oh ya, the stories could definitely use a good change from this type of genre....

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 1, 16 12:23 PM
@CiChDa

When you find the gadget in the game can you please let me know what it was as I've finished the game now and can't recall using a gadget.

I did use a phone to take a picture of a code for a mini-game and zapped a few ghosts in another scene, but this was an inventory item so it didn't stay around.

Dax

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Oct 1, 16 3:40 PM
Expressing my opinion on this game. I am playing the game now and think it is a good one. It could be longer. I too did not see any gadgets in the game unless you are referring to the phone. Is a phone a gadget? Just asking because I don't look at a phone as a gadget.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 16 12:10 AM
Amazemen, if you google "gadget", you will see that iPhones and other mobile phones come up as being a gadget.
And I suppose that anything that is being used in these games can be considered as a gadget.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 2, 16 7:21 AM
Well, i did not find any real' gadget. But, when you start the game and that is one of the things you use to get rid of the goblins', it does lead you to believe that it could be an active part of the game play.

I think we all have had way too much of the gadget's and are a tad' leery when we have to use something to play.

Thanks Dax and Valdy for your clarifications.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 2, 16 10:44 AM
I will usually read the revires on the main page while I am downloading the demo. The game is titled 'The Dusk Wanderer', and I am OK with not understanding during the demo who or what is a Dusk Wanderer, as that would get me to want to buy the game and find out. However, I do not like reviewers revealing in the title of their review a big plot feature. I am not talking about gadgets or helpers, but something that I would have wanted to find out on my own.

The game was good, but I will probably wait for the SE.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Oct 3, 16 4:42 AM
abarrett wrote:I will usually read the revires on the main page while I am downloading the demo. The game is titled 'The Dusk Wanderer', and I am OK with not understanding during the demo who or what is a Dusk Wanderer, as that would get me to want to buy the game and find out. However, I do not like reviewers revealing in the title of their review a big plot feature. I am not talking about gadgets or helpers, but something that I would have wanted to find out on my own.

The game was good, but I will probably wait for the SE.

If that's the case abarret, then it is your responsibility to NOT read the reviews; whereas the responsibility of the reviewers' are to explain in detail how the game appealed or did not appeal to them. Period. If the new game is nothing more than a rehash of others I know I would certainly want to know ahead of time, even before trying the game for myself. Simply because it gives me a wake-up call to be on the lookout for gaffs in the new feature, if any. Then, once I've played it for myself, I'll be able to make a worthy final judgement, because I have all of the necessary info. The reason I feel this way is because there have been a few games that I've downloaded, played the trial and then purchased without having all of the info. Trust me when I tell you that those are the ones that I wished I'd never bought, mainly because the story dissolves once the trial is over. It is a GIMMICK that's used to entice the buyer into purchasing the under-developed product. So, my advice to you is to take what you can get, while you can still get it. The most important of those things would be viable information that would help you make a calculated decision. Not only in the 'casual game' world, either, but even more so in our daily lives. I rest my case.

Edited on 10/03/2016 at 4:59:08 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 3, 16 5:14 AM
I never read reviews before I have at least played the demo. The reason is that if I read negative comments, I may go into the game thinking that it is not a good game, and perhaps not like it as much as I might have done if I hadn't read the reviews.

There are those gamers who only have a limited amount of downloads per month, and I can understand that they want to read reviews before they decide whether it may or may not be a game for them, because they can't afford to download the demo and then the full game.
But if you have unlimited downloads and read reviews while or before you are downloading a game, then you will always come across some things you may not want to know in advance. It's very tricky for a reviewer to know exactly what they can or cannot add in their post, because what is a spoiler for one person isn't a spoiler for another. And, as Aerosage said, some peeps like to know as much as possible before deciding on a game.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 3, 16 7:49 AM
Reading reviews before demoing - yes or no? Depends. In most cases I have played the beta and am already "prejudiced". I agree with you, Valdy, that it is better to go into a demo without having some impression of another person in mind.

For me it is sometimes sort of a challenge to read pro or contra reviews and compare them to my thoughts about a game. But, as I did the beta before, I have sort of made up my mind already.

This game is a good one for me. I like most games in this series and the story of the Dusk Wanderer is interesting for me, game is well-made. So I will get the CE in a good sale.

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Nov 27, 16 12:57 PM
Very disappointed in this game.
I've purchased a few other new ones and they seem to have a lot of glitches in them also.
What's going on with big fish games?
I'm wasting my money on games that do not work, and the forums are not much information.
Since I have been a member for a long time, maybe it's time to find another game club.
Thank you,
Janet

Go to: