Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 1, 16 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 8:01:28 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pumpkin1998 on Oct 1, 16 12:56 AM
the hint bouton is not working

lapphund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lapphund on Oct 1, 16 4:01 AM
I have downloaded this game but it will not play, just get a black 1 second black flash i'm useing windows 8.1

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Oct 1, 16 5:08 AM
The hint button is not working for me either. Running Windows 10.

Update: I uninstalled & reinstalled the trial, but it still does not work. All of my drivers & updates are current. This is very disappointing as I do not usually have problems with this series.

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 5:24:16 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 1, 16 5:42 AM
I cannot make it through most games by this developer without access error messages. I've played through some of them, even with having to reboot a dozen times to do it. But this game? I couldn't even get through 20 minutes of the beta without the error message. So, even though the game looked interesting (what I saw of it in that short time), I'm not going through that again.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 1, 16 8:01 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear people have been experiencing these issues with the game. Whenever someone's having trouble getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by cindee7 on Oct 1, 16 8:52 AM
Wow. Too many tech issues. For 1 the hint button does not work at all. I have try uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing helps. Can't get past the gate to Bens house because the code I was supposed to get was never found and you can't go back to see one (helens house) Very disappointing

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Oct 1, 16 9:44 AM
FYI, the hint button did work for me on Windows 8.1. Just for clarification.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 1, 16 12:24 PM
HINT button worded for me......WIN 10 desktop PC

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Oct 1, 16 1:43 PM
Running windows 7 and hint button quit working when I entered bedroom at beginning of game.

[Post New]by Cooptink1 on Oct 1, 16 3:55 PM
Hint button stopped working after going in the upstairs bedroom. I'm using windows 10.

[Post New]by woodawooda on Oct 1, 16 4:12 PM
Hello, My problem is the same as many of the others. the hint button stopped working after a few minutes of game play. I am still in the house but have not hint button. Is there a resolution to this yet? I am using windows 8.1. and am on a desktop PC.

Update! I uninstalled and reinstalled. At first the hint button was still stuck. I like the game so much I decided to play it anyway. However after a bit of game play the hint button started working again! so no problems now. I hope it stays that way. Love this game!

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 5:52:05 PM PST

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 1, 16 4:58 PM
Playing demo just fine until figurine game. Game locked up.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 1, 16 5:27 PM
I restarted the game under a new profile and completed the demo without any errors. Great Game. Hint button works fine.

Hint Button frozen on Mac.

[Post New]by Janet12395 on Oct 2, 16 8:10 AM
To add to the problems others have posted about the Hint button, mine has stopped working on a Mac as well. running on OS X El Capitan.
I have tried re-installing as well, but no change.
I am not finding at least 25% of the game I buy on this site I can never finish due to tech errors.
What I can't understand it why they never get fixed even after multiple reports.
Does Big fish not care about its clients after they have paid?

[Post New]by tjlabs on Oct 2, 16 8:31 AM
Uninstall the game. Reinstall. Create a new persona. All the glitches are gone. You have to start all over but at least it's working.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Oct 2, 16 10:41 AM
Fix for Hint Button stops working:

Exit to the Main Menu and it usually takes you back to where it stopped working and it will work again.

[Post New]by Hederahelix7 on Oct 2, 16 12:45 PM
sollys wrote:Playing demo just fine until figurine game. Game locked up.

Exactly the same for me. Can't go forward at all

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 2, 16 12:47 PM
Using Win10 and the paid-for version of the game.

I also had a glitchy Help but it seemed to fix itself. My problem is that the game has completely frozen in stage 3 where Adam has to negotiate the maze in 10 steps. The cursor moves around but none of the buttons respond, including Skip.

I guess I will have to reinstall, but I'm near the end of the game! Grr!!!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 2, 16 1:07 PM
Win10, full version of game

OK, now I am really angry. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the reinstalled game just took me straight back to the bloody frozen section in part 3!

I know that BF doesn't fully uninstall games because when you reinstall all your settings are still there, but uninstall/reinstall should at least take you back to the beginning!

Not happy!!!!

I will use third party software to completely wipe the game and see if that works.

Go to: