Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 1, 16 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/01/2016 at 8:01:21 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 1, 16 8:00 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 1, 16 8:30 AM
I usually like these Fear For Sale games; the last one was really good, so I'm disappointed with this game which isn't up to that standard. I wasn't bored with it, just not terribly interested in the characters or what happened to them. Someone seems to have seen a ghost which actually isn't one at all but appears to be a woman who's possessed by something presumably evil. Nothing new there.

The graphics are on the grainy side but not so much that anything wasn't clear enough to see. A nice balance of HOS to puzzles, with this developers excellent alternative to the searches; the jigsaws with the quirky shaped pieces. I never play the HOS as I love those jigsaws! The puzzles were fun to complete and neither overly easy or too difficult.

More than one set of collectibles (including morphs), a map that transports and 4 modes of play including a pretty basic custom mode, as well as the usual SG and extras that I didn't check out. Probably just enough to justify the CE price if the game is your cup of tea.

Unfortunately there are some better HOPA's out there at the moment, so I won't be adding this CE to my collection. I will most likely get the SE though. At least there wasn't a missing zip(per) pull or a fiddly gadget in the demo and I do love those jigsaws

I had no technical issues with the demo, which for me lasted 85 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 2, 16 1:09 PM
Hi friends! As usual, I mostly review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. Well, looks like we have #9 in this series, unless my count is off. I have the first 8, so was excited to see this one come along. I was disappointed in the faded blues and purple colors, as well as the faded graphics. Animation wasn't bad. Voice overs were okay, but nothing special and not much in the way of emotion, fear, etc. Sound FX were pretty nice. Music was okay and changed depending on what was happening at the time. Game play was good, except when the hint stopped working for a bit. It did fix itself.

HOPs were a nice combination of interactive lists, silhouettes, replace items in scene and highlighted words. If you didn't care for the HOPs, you can switch to a jigsaw puzzle, my favorite. Scenes weren't too cluttered and items were fairly easy to spot. Puzzles were quite simple and took no time at all to complete. Hint system is helpful, but there was no transport, so you had to use the jump map. I do like the way the map is set up. Very easy to follow and areas well marked.

Collectibles are the same as all the others in this series, but I like them. They are varied and items are not all the same. It is easy to forget to look for them. You need to find 6 of each: against the rules; damsel in distress; Adams legacy; timepieces and hope for redemption. You also need to find 35 morphing objects. Watch for these, as they morph quickly and some are quite small.

I was somewhat disappointed in this game. The story wasn't bad, but the devs definitely need to pay attention to those of us who constantly complain about the colors and graphics. They just have a way of making your eyes tired very quickly. Again, you have to use a bright light to get rid of the bad spirits, but that seemed to fade away for the time being. I'm sure it will return as the game progresses. That said, the game flowed quite well and was easy to follow. There is no real challenge to any of it, except finding the collectibles, which I especially like. I think this will appeal to all levels of players for one reason or another. Yes, I will add this to my collection, but I'm not sure it will be the CE version. I will put this in my puddle and think about it a bit.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 3, 16 1:41 PM
I enjoyed the game. It is not a great game, but it is good.

I would really appreciated it if the Developer would have done the HOs scenes with clearer graphics.

modocuser
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by modocuser on Oct 8, 16 7:44 PM
I had a lot problems playing the mini games there wasn't enough information on how play so I had to just skip most of them

Go to: