WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Trash Collection

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Oct 1, 16 10:25 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the games in this series of Vacation Adventures, and buy them immediately, without even playing the demo. However, two things disturb me. One, the vacant, far distant look in everyone's eyes, and two, and most important, what better games these would be if the trash collection were done away with. Sometimes the "trash" is hard to discern from regular items in the scene. If the developers insist on keeping this feature, at least have a 'trash item hint'. No matter if it costs thousands of coins. It would alleviate SO MUCH frustration. I do not care a whit for scoring, but there is ALWAYS one piece of trash I cannot find. Grrrr...

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Trash Collection

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 4, 16 6:34 PM
Personally, I love finding the trash items. I'd be very upset if they did away with them. However, allowing you to buy a trash hint is a great idea. I hope the devs see that suggestion.

Two things this game has that make me forgive the ridiculously hard to spot trash items: 1) No misclick penalty and 2) No time limit. Because of those features, you can click on all sorts of things to see if they're trash without worrying about ruining your score. There is a huge variety of things that qualify as trash, so you might see a piece, but not realize it's a trash item.

One thing you can try is to take a screenshot of the scene. You can use the print screen button and paste the image into a Word document or image file. Or you can use your cell phone, tablet, etc., to take a picture of the scene. Then blow up the image to a huge size and scroll slowly around the screen until you spot the trash item. I've found a number of the really hard ones this way.

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

To burf90 Re:Trash Collection

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Oct 4, 16 8:16 PM
burf90: Thank you for your reply. You make good points and great suggestions. I am almost 70 years old, and I'm afraid all that electronic stuff to find trash/hidden objects is a smidgen beyond me. But you did remind me to be happy that there is no timer and the ability to click yourself silly...which I have done many times. Maybe if the devs don't like the "trash hint" idea, maybe they could provide a magnification tool for us old folks whose eyes aren't what they once were. I keep a magnifier next to my laptop, but a built-in one would be good.
Thanks again for your suggestions!

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Oct 5, 16 2:24 AM
Hi WestElk

In addition to Burf90's great ideas, if you click on the MEGA HINT button, as well as the items to be collected, it will show you the Trash items.

Good luck

Branes
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Branes on Nov 5, 16 9:05 AM
Windows has a built in magnifier. Go to Control Panel. Under Ease of Access you'll see the magnifier option. It can go as high as 4x which should make finding objects in the game easier.

[Post New]by lbrandon114 on Dec 4, 16 1:13 PM
Thank you for the tip Branes. I will try that

Go to: