bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Chronicles: The Soul Reaver

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 4, 16 12:29 AM
Something terrible is happening in a distant French village. You’ve received an urgent message from your dear friend, Philip -- his sister died recently under mysterious circumstances and now Philip is being haunted by horrifying and recurring nightmares. Some time ago an evil witch was killed by the local townspeople and her mansion was burned down. But could she have indeed returned from death itself? You must hurry to Philip and find out what mysteries his peaceful village is hiding... and whether an evil presence still hides in the shadows.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Dark Chronicles: The Soul Reaver

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 16 1:06 AM
This HOG is by Lazy Turtle. Just before the installation finishes, a DirectX window pops up. I just cancelled it.

There are no voices, and no extras, not even achievements.

There is a choice of a large and a smaller custom cursor.

There is a Custom mode, but all modes appear to be the same. No extra options added to Custom mode.

The graphics are nice, but gameplay is a little clumsy.

The HOS I have come across are mainly interactive Silhouettes, which are not just a black outline and therefore easily identified.

I won't mention the word "witch". Ooops... did I just say that out loud?

This is a nice game, but it's too basic and therefore not for me.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 4, 16 11:34 AM
I really love this game! The graphics are what got me to buy it. Simply gorgeous!!!
I also love the mini puzzles in the game. They are not too difficult compared to others I find I have to skip. The gameplay I find is very smooth and I can find my way around no problem at all. It's a very relaxing game. I am enjoying it!!

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Oct 6, 16 2:27 PM
I have seen posts that say it is too short. Can anyone tell me how many chapters there are and also what is considered "too short".

Go to: