Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Chronicles: The Soul Reaver here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 4, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/04/2016 at 6:33:51 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Chronicles: The Soul Reaver here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 4, 16 1:52 AM
Serious tech issues for me. The cursor has a big blue screen and all the cut scene's have the big blue screen. Can't see anything...but the outline of the pictures. I've never seen this in a game. When I change the cursor to windows...it blacks out the entire screen.

I like what I could see...but it just wasn't enough to judge or play the game. Windows Vista/64. But, now I have a new Computer. I haven't loaded it yet...because...I'm very worried about loosing a lot of games...and them not working on Windows 10. But, many of them aren't working with my Widows Vista/64 anymore.

Mod's I know how to solve all comptibility and tech issues. You learn how to resolve all these things...when you own Hundreds of games and have been a member for years at . There are tech issues with the games these days, that aren't being addressed by the Developers or .

Off Topic: What is your dream computer?

Roz60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Roz60 on Oct 4, 16 3:31 AM
I am having the same problem. Use Vista 32bit

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Oct 4, 16 4:41 AM
I am having the same blue problem. Using Windows 7.

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on Oct 4, 16 5:56 AM
Am having same problem with black and blue screen. Can't play game. I also have Windows Vista 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 16 6:36 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 16 6:36 AM
We thank players for taking the time to post in this particular thread. I've gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams. If any information is known, we will update the forums if any information is known. In the meantime, it is highly recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations as the forums aren't equipped to troubleshoot.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Oct 4, 16 8:06 AM
I had a directx.log error on this game I have Windows 10 (64) glad I read other tech.error review!!!

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Oct 4, 16 9:40 AM
windows 7 32bit laptop, amd turion x2, 3gb ram, 3000HD amd intergrated graphics.

It would appear that my graphics are not up to standard for playing this game.
I also get the blue box for cutscene at beginning of game, and blue screen on main game menu, and get a blue left half of screen. custom cursor also a blue box so I installed this game on my windows 10 machine and it runs just fine.
My win 10 64bit Desktop spec: Amd FX8 cpu, 16GB ram, Amd 7950 3GB graphics.
I also had the directx error on the win 10 machine, I think that's to do with directx already installed and being a newer version and a sneaky way of installing the bing bar.

Edited on 10/04/2016 at 10:07:04 AM PST

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Oct 4, 16 1:23 PM
Same blue problem playing on Win 10 32bit.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 4, 16 1:24 PM
Hint Button doesn't work Windows 10, 64-bit

[Post New]by kjrussell3 on Oct 4, 16 2:21 PM
I am having the same blue problem. Using Windows 7. Cannot buy game until that blue square problem is fixed. Looks like a good game except for that problem. Hopefully, that will be fixed and we will be notified to install an updated version of that game.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Oct 4, 16 5:22 PM
Using Windows Vista and have the same problem as others with the blue squares.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 5, 16 4:05 AM
Game has serious bugs ! Fix required please BFG.Should not have been offered for sale.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Oct 5, 16 7:13 AM
Same problem with blue screen instead of intro video and blue boxes instead of active areas in game. XP

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 16 8:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this particular thread. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should. I've gone ahead and passed the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams. If you haven't already, please refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Windows 10

If issues still persist, it is highly recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to gather this data for the appropriate teams since the forums aren't equipped with these tools.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Oct 6, 16 3:22 PM
My task bar won't go away when the game is on. Windows 10.

[Post New]by gmo143 on Oct 7, 16 12:38 PM
I have Windows 7 I can't get beyond the Philips cottage. It is just stuck there.

[Post New]by gmom6eva on Oct 9, 16 9:24 AM
I see I'm not the only one with this same issue...Blue screen, black curser...I'm also not seeing any help by BFG....How about a refund, or a new game....I've, un-installed, and re-installed too many times, and days apart...updated, flash-player, and divex...STILL, didn't fix problem....Help! I have windows 7, and 64 bit...

[Post New]by kjrussell3 on Oct 10, 16 11:50 AM
Has anyone found the secret to getting rid of those blue boxes so a person can play the game? Is there a fix being worked on by the game developer?

Go to: