Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Chase for Adventure: The Lost City here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 5, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 6:28:55 AM PST

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Chase for Adventure: The Lost City here.

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 5, 16 1:39 AM
Using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Game appears to start, but my mouse cursor disappears, and I am unable to "switch to" the game using either alt-tab or task manager.
Task manager reports the game "not responding."

Too bad. Looked like it might be fun.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Oct 5, 16 4:06 AM
Once intros are done and actual game begins, the screen goes practically blank (looks like black rippling water) once I try to pick up first food item; can't play. Had to CAD to shut it down. Windows XP.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 16 6:29 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

odarney
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

TECH ISSUES / Chase for Adventure:The Lost City

[Post New]by odarney on Oct 5, 16 7:20 AM
Game is good, but the wait time between levels is (and I timed it) 45 seconds. That is a long time. I am running Win7, DSL and top gaming PC.

joybelle_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by joybelle_1 on Oct 5, 16 11:54 PM

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 12:14:54 PM PST

Marcie28018
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie28018 on Oct 6, 16 4:36 PM
My computer is using windows 7 all games including this one.... when I try to download ... it ask me to select a program to open it. This is a continuing problem I have reported and got no help with as of yet. I could not even download Dr Felix wanted to know what program file to open it with. I need some help here I love time management games. Thanks

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Oct 8, 16 10:19 PM
I wanted to play a second time to get all gold stars...
But the first two maps dont show the stars anymore

rbbug
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by rbbug on Oct 9, 16 11:06 AM
Game does not allow any of the player profiles to be used. Have uninstalled the game and when I reinstall it the game still does not allow any other player profiles to be played.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 10, 16 12:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

For players that are having issues opening this game or display issues, it may be helpful to refer to the following help articles:

If lagging issues are occurring, the above help articles also contain troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue. If issues still occur, please let the Customer Support Team know.

Marcie28018, it is definitely interesting that your computer won't let you open this game. Since we don't have the tools to assist with this particular item, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. If you are able to provide a screenshot, that would be helpful. Please refer to the following help article for steps on how to obtain this information:

Taking A Screenshot

rbbug, it is definitely interesting that other profiles can't be made. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. Please also reach out to our Customer Support Team.

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this thread. We do ask that posts in this thread be specific to technical issues. In regards to the spam in the forums, the moderators continue to manually ban each spam poster and delete each post. To help streamline this process, we ask that users not comment on the posts themselves. This will also help to adhere to the Forum Rules specifically,

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Spam exists because we must make the forums accessible to everyone who would like to participate. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by almarcam332 on Oct 12, 16 11:52 PM
rbbug wrote:Game does not allow any of the player profiles to be used. Have uninstalled the game and when I reinstall it the game still does not allow any other player profiles to be played.

Game is doing the same thing to me. Finished and wanted to start a new profile and when I select the new one, it won't let me go to it. Had to delete all of them, exit the game and come back and make a new profile again.

[Post New]by VarikaLM on Oct 13, 16 10:19 AM
Playing in WIndows 8.1. Game ALWAYS starts in fullscreen mode, regardless of what I've selected in Options. Very annoying.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 13, 16 3:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in here to address the technical issues people have been seeing in the game.

almarcam332, I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue starting a new profile in the game. I appreciate you taking the time to include the workaround that you tried in order to start one.

If you experience this again, or if someone else comes across this problem, our help articles may be useful. I've gone ahead and included a couple below that can help when a feature like this is having trouble:

If people are experiencing a recurring issue we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help.

VarikaLM, it sounds like the game has been resetting to fullscreen when it is opened again. I've taken a look at the game and it looks like that may be the way it's designed. However, while the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have the tools to directly modify the game, I'm going to make sure to pass along your feedback about this to the right teams.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Nightowl33
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Nightowl33 on Oct 23, 16 4:25 PM
I played it through the first time but I can't get out of the profile screen when I add other profiles. I even deleted the first profile. Any ideas? <escape> key doesn't do anything. I had to close the program from the tool bar.

[Post New]by nannalulu on Oct 24, 16 5:26 AM
This game does not scale correctly at high resolution. I'm attempting to run it on a dell XPS 15 @ 3840x2160 but the game's UI/interface is tiny and cropped off at the top, making the game unplayable. Attempting to use "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the compatibility tab of the game, which will usually fix scaling issues with most big fish games, does not work with this particular game.

http://i.imgur.com/5MjwAcT.jpg

It would truly be lovely if these developers bothered to make the game's resolution adjustable in the game's video setting's menu.

Edited on 10/24/2016 at 5:47:33 AM PST

[Post New]by Braidweaver on Nov 9, 16 4:15 AM
Using Safari 10.0.1, whenever the game is in Fullscreen mode, a ghost image appears over whatever the cursor hovers over. Also, the game reverts to full screen every time it opens.

Can you tell me how to fix these problems?

[Post New]by Braidweaver on Nov 10, 16 7:20 AM
AARRRGH!! I was literally in the middle of Level 15 and not only did all of the options reset, but all of my progress was erased. The game went back to the map with NOTHING completed!! What happened?!?!?

jaragr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jaragr on Nov 16, 16 7:30 PM
Game worked great until Level 41 - very choppy, even hesitates.

[Post New]by rosekatz on Nov 20, 16 11:15 AM
Level 30 - there is no way to complete this level, as there is an exclamation at the top of the screen, but nothing there to click on. There is nothing else to do, but keep on accumulating assets. Using Windows 10 on PC.

Edited on 11/20/2016 at 11:19:44 AM PST

[Post New]by bobbysocks on Jan 13, 17 3:10 PM
Hi just started playing. then screen goes black and trees green no paths etc. thought it was night at first. but cant get anywhere. Have windows 10. is this game not suitable for windows 10. regards bobbysocks

Go to: