Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure: The Lost City here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 5, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 6:29:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chase for Adventure: The Lost City here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 16 6:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Chase for Adventure: The Lost City here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chase for Adventure: The Lost City.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Oct 5, 16 12:39 PM
Kind of fun. But....writing and symbols are so tiny is hard to tell what each is costing you, at least if you click on it says how much more you need, that is if you decipher what the item is that you are short. Even with my glasses hard to see them.
Only 45 levels and that just is not enough for me. Because there is such a shortage on TM games, I may get it, not sure.
Typical game, can upgrade the home base, run pu supplies, to get the items completed for the supplies.
First four levels are sooooo easy, then gets much harder instead of easing into it. There are 3 choice ways to play, easy, moderate and hard, so at least maybe it would be worth it, to play the game in the harder mode, then would be like 90 levels.
Only played 30 min. Had apt to go to.
The jury is still out on this one.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Oct 5, 16 2:19 PM
I agree - almost want to buy because there are no new TM games - but this one has so many faults that I'm not sure I can even though I desperately want to like it. First of all the English is deplorable! Makes me cringe every time I see new dialogue. Secondly, the tasks are so repetitive there isn't much thinking involved, just clicking. Also there is the halo effect - not sure why, I remember another game that did that - like seeing double, but one lighter than the other. Just kind of a clunky game that irritated me more than providing enjoyment or challenge.
Why can't the developers come out with more Roads to Rome or MKFTP? Not the last one, which I hated, but the old, well-thought out, well drawn games I keep playing over and over because nothing new comes out? Incredible Dracula has been a treasure - but hard! Northern Tales, Viking Saga, Gardens Inc - why don't they make these instead of endless HO games with the same themes? I guess those are easier to make...
Sorry - I think I'm going to pass even though I'd like to reward the developers for trying. But they really didn't succeed with this one.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Oct 5, 16 10:49 PM
Nothing special, No thinking or strategy involved, I could take it or leave it really. My first thought was, "Meh". Even though I LOVE TM games, I think I'll pass on this one. You know what game I would love a sequel too? Fairy Godmother Tycoon , that was a fun and unique game. I, like many others, am really tired of dark HOGs. I would love to see something fresh.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 6, 16 1:59 AM
If I was writing an end of demo report for the developers of this game, it would read "nice try but needs work".

For a start, get a translator who can speak and write English that makes sense. Try and make the game a bit less repetitive and don't assume everyone has 20/20 vision. The symbols in the search scene were so tiny that even with my computer glasses, I had to use several hints to find them.

Graphics were nice and clear and there was a relaxed mode but that just became boring after a while. I completely echo the sentiments expressed by stanliness; where are the well thought out, well drawn games we played and loved?? I love the building type TM games but there have been precious few worth buying this year; 'Pirate Chronicles' was the last one I bought. I'd quite enjoyed the original 'Next Stop' but the sequel was dreadful.

With a lot of revisions, these devs can probably make a good TM game. Sadly, this one doesn't make the grade.

No technical issues with the demo but I didn't play it to the end. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 7, 16 2:42 PM
no animals killed in this game...Jim shoots over their heads!!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Oct 8, 16 11:04 AM

This game is okay, but is just a standard TM game. The format is good, the graphics and sound effects are good.
However, this turned into a click-fest far too quickly. The "goods" renew quickly, but you need LOADS to build/finish the level, so you are constantly clicking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, to get enough food/wood/whatever to build whatever you need.
I have played the demo, but am unlikely to buy, simply because of the constantly click-factor. Shame, as it could have been better.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Oct 12, 16 4:12 AM
I played until the trial period ended and won't be getting this game. Nothing particularly special about it. Agree with what others said that symbols are way to small to see. For that reason alone, I decide not to use a credit and purchase the game.

julesy

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Oct 14, 16 9:05 AM
This is a frustrating but still somewhat satisfying game. It allows for my arthritis and I can finish it. However early on you must determine when to add an employee,what bonus to pick and in what direction to go.Some levels take 5 or 6 tries,others only two or three. Some can be passed the first time.The graphics are good.The story is fair.
The difficulty level reminds me of Enchanted Cavern,the original game..Ihave e that game and have finished it twice.However some levels are still very difficult to pass after practice.It is still on my computer however.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Nov 1, 16 2:57 PM
Well, the premise is cute. Some things about it kind of spoiled it for me. First, it seems a little childishly rendered and the background music is repetitive and kindergarten-ish. Why is the worker chopping wood/trees/gold before the actual object, it's out of whack. You follow me? The symbols for the resources look confusingly alike because they're so tiny. I love timed strategy games, but details like these make me move on.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 22, 16 3:37 PM
I wasn't going to buy it until I really got into it. It's relaxing and not too hard, however there are some tricky levels. I'm tired of the mod hidden object games, except the ranger games etc. I just finished Rescue 6 and did not see another TM game except the ones that have not come out again for awhile. This game fits the bill sort of. I'm supposed to be resting an injury so this game helps.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 2, 17 4:10 AM

I agree with most of the reviews, there is nothing special or outstanding and it is difficult to make out the items needed for building and upgrading.

However, there is such a dire shortage of TM games that I bought it. I managed to achieve the 3 stars on each level. Having reached the end, I'm pleased to see that it looks like there could be a sequel on its way which I will be buying.

None of the 45 levels are over-challenging although some require a lot more thought than others and more than one attempt.

It's an enjoyable little game in this genre and I recommend it.

Go to: