annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

Please create a forum for Alice's Magical Mahjong

[Post New]by annatar on Mar 23, 10 6:36 AM
Alice's Magical Mahjong is the Daily Deal today, and I'd love to read what other fishies think about it ... but it doesn't have a forum!

Please BF moderators, create one!

By the way, I really enjoy the game - it's awesome and fun and totally worth the DD price!

Re:Please create a forum for Alice's Magical Mahjong

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 23, 10 6:54 AM
OK, no forum so here's what I think.

This is a fun version of Mah Jong. You finish a level as soon as you can match two gold tiles, so you don't have to play until the board is clear. If you run out of moves, you can shuffle. I can't tell if you lose points for this. The route seems to stick fairly closely to the story, although Alice is sent to fetch the White Rabbit's gloves before she's even out of the 'rabbit hole'. (In the book, fetching the gloves happens when the rabbit sends in a Bill.) This is a minor niggle. At least they didn't bring Tweedledee and Tweedledum into the story, as far as I can tell. (They're in Alice Through the Looking Glass - spot the Lewis Carroll fan. )

With over 100 extra boards, I could be playing this version of Mah Jong for some time. Well worth $2.99 and a good choice for the Daily Deal, IMO.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 23, 10 7:51 AM
I did post earlier, probably a few pages back by now. No forum for the game then either. I loved it, beautifully done graphics. And just a few easy HOGs then mahjong rounds, I think 3.

But if you just want great layouts there's 108 I think under Options, Classic I think, or Edit you can create your own boards. A lot for your money and good for any mahjong collections, kids or not.

Hmm maybe I can paste my review over here. brb

EDIT - the clock is going up, not down, so not a time/untime option. I think it is just counting how long you are playing for your score or something. It's very relaxed.

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 7:53:12 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 23, 10 8:02 AM
Can't paste my review here, 2 other posters followed so maybe we can keep both threads on page one for awhile. Hate to see this great game not get any attention. Others may have skipped the trial as it appears just a kids game.

I've other mahjongs that I got on DDs just cuz they were cheap. Think I'll dump those, kinda rinky dink (cheap yes) and one doesn't play right. This one is a definate keeper with all the other boards to play other than the storyline one. I'm surprised this wasn't a featured daily game.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Mar 23, 10 8:42 AM
I have bought it in, seemed a pity to miss it at this price. let's hope it does get its own forum, silly to trawl through everywhere looking for a mention.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Mar 23, 10 8:58 AM
just tried the demo and at first i thought, 'gee a child's game with an infantile voice as narrator but i still got hook on the nice graphics and even the story and the nice tiles and even the Hog scenes to do. so for me i will be buying the daily deal even if i feel a bit 'gaga don't tell that i have this game and enjoying it''

took me awhile to download though, at least 1/2 hr.

been playing this mahjong game every day, the tiles are awesome and the graphics wow... i am a happy gamer.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 7:46:33 PM PST

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Mar 23, 10 9:11 AM
I need 2 more games for my 2nd punch card, and don't want to spend a lot of money, so when I couldn't find anything on BFG, I went to gamezebo - they gate it 41/2 stars, so I bought it - cannot wait to get home and play - it sounds like a great game.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 23, 10 9:37 AM
Ok,I LOVE the combination of a HOG with Mahjong like in Liong: The Lost Amulets which is still a favorite time waster for me,with an awesome soothing soundtrack,so I must,must,must demo this later after I run some errands. Have a strong feeling this will be a 'buy'.

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 9:38:20 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 23, 10 9:50 AM
Oops! Thanks for letting us know everyone!

We've gone ahead and created a forum for Alice's Magical Mahjong, and I've also moved this thread over to that forum.

To find the forum for any game, just click on "All Game Forums" at the top of this page, and type in the game title you're looking for.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the full game forum by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Mar 23, 10 10:20 AM
In the past "soft releases" never got their own forum. So there are dozen's and dozen's of games without their own forum. I guess they'll get one if they ever show up as the daily deal.

Go to: