housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

Secrets of DaVinci

[Post New]by housebound on Mar 23, 10 8:46 AM
I know that game questions belong in the game forums. but, no one over there is answering any post. all post are from 09 , so I will ask here, & just maybe I will get a answer.
I can't seem to make the syrup, I have all that is needed, but every time I try to put any thing in the pot, Valdo says " what can I do with these" I have started the game over so many times that I have lost count. what have I done or where have I gone wrong ? I have been stuck at this point in the game for 3 days now. will some one PLEASE help me. thank you.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:Secrets of DaVinci

[Post New]by cinder555 on Mar 23, 10 9:06 AM
Hi housebound

Funny thing I did do in this one. I forgot to take off the gooseneck top.

Cindi

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 9:29:38 AM PST

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Mar 23, 10 10:45 AM
ok I know that everyone else is on different games & this game is old news,
but, can't some one PLEASE help me.

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on Mar 23, 10 10:59 AM
Hey Housebound
There is a walkthrough for this game on All Game Forums under The Secrets of Da Vinci, hope that helps

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Mar 23, 10 11:17 AM
I got all 3 walk throughs from gb & the one from here, went to the library yesterday & printed them all .
but I'm still STUCK.
I have restarted the game over so to follow each of the 4 walkthroughs & I have all the stuff to make the syrup, have removed the gooseneck, but it still won't let me put the stuff in the pot.

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 12:32:00 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 23, 10 11:18 AM
housebound wrote:I got all 3 walk throughs from gb & the one from here, went to the library yesterday & printed them all .
but I'm still STUCK.
I have restarted the game over so to follow each of the 4 walkthroughs & I have all the stuff to make the syrup, have removed the gooseneck, but it still won't let me put the stuff in the pot.

You will not be able to make it until Babou tells you her throat hurts. Also- did you close the stove door at the bottom?

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 12:32:27 PM PST

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on Mar 23, 10 11:55 AM
Sorry my suggestion was no help but yay to Prpldva - to the rescue

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Mar 23, 10 11:57 AM
Hey housebound, do you like it? I bought it but have not played it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 23, 10 12:39 PM
Hi fishies!

I'm glad to see that you got some great responses housebound!

For the sake of being tidy, I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread over to the full Game Forum for The Secrets of Da Vinci to keep all of your questions and comments in one place.

Happy Gaming!

bfgTigris

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Secrets of DaVinci

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 23, 10 1:06 PM
Hey housebound,

I haven't yet played this game, but I've searched the walkthrough to see if I can offer some helpful advice for you. Sometimes you need to complete certain tasks before you can move on, even if you have all the items you need. If you have all the items you need, and you've completed all the tasks up to the point where you need to make the syrup, it's possible you could be experiencing a technical issue with the game.

Highlight below for a SPOILER taken from our walkthrough:

* Madame has hurt her throat and needs a remedy.

* Walk to the lab table.

* Open the door to the stove and place some charcoal inside.

* Use the lighter on the charcoal and close the door.

* Remove the goose neck from the still.

* Place the roses and water into the kettle.

* Replace the goose neck.

* Pour water into the upper right part of the device.

* Use the empty perfume bottle to collect the rose perfume.

* Walk to the bookcase in the bedroom.

* Click on the books with the letters S-A-L-A-I.

* This opens a one-way secret passageway back to your room.

* Exit the manor and talk to Saturnin.

* He gives you the jar of honey and tells you the ingredients for a remedy.

* Walk to the fountain and fill the empty bottle of water.

* Return to the still in Da Vinci's study.

* Remove the goose neck from the still.

* Place the honey, thyme, lemon and water into the kettle.

* Use the empty bowl on the kettle to collect the syrup.

If you've completed all the steps above and still aren't able to get the syrup, I'd suggest contacting tech support to see if it's a display issue with the game. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 03/23/2010 at 1:07:16 PM PST

teapartyrules
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by teapartyrules on Apr 6, 10 11:30 PM
THIS is the hardest game I have played yet, Dire Grove was tough but this one, mama mia! YOU HAVE to keep saving what you did and go read your walkthrough. IF you miss any steps you have to backtrack. I finished it tonight! YAY. Make sure you have pebbles on you to distract the guards, also knock one out in the dovecoat and take his uniform, then you can run around without being stopped. You roll the barrel on him to knock him out. This game drove me NUTS but I stuck it out. Mona Lisa puzzle was a royal pain, so was that ball drop puzzle in the cabinet. But it was good for my BRAIN!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 5, 11 1:30 PM
teapartyrules wrote:THIS is the hardest game I have played yet, Dire Grove was tough but this one, mama mia! YOU HAVE to keep saving what you did and go read your walkthrough. IF you miss any steps you have to backtrack. I finished it tonight! YAY. Make sure you have pebbles on you to distract the guards, also knock one out in the dovecoat and take his uniform, then you can run around without being stopped. You roll the barrel on him to knock him out. This game drove me NUTS but I stuck it out. Mona Lisa puzzle was a royal pain, so was that ball drop puzzle in the cabinet. But it was good for my BRAIN!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide some hints; I've decided to place this game today -- though I have to admit that I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm supposed to load "new game or "load a game". When I click "load a game", it just brings me to the date the game was created or put out for purchase -- don't know what the date's for.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 5, 11 2:08 PM

I've NO IDEA why I ever bought this game; I must've just finished watching the movie "The DaVinci Code" and got caught up into it because I didn't even trial this game BEFORE purchasing it. Had I done so, I would've NEVER bought it as I've no idea how to play this type of game.

With all the panning and darkness of screen, I couldn't figure out where to go to get back to DaVinci's room (as I was trying, unsuccessfully, to find John the Baptist).

I'm not going to trash this game; maybe in a year or so when I'm a more experienced gamer, I'll try to play it again.

MEnr56

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 2:09:27 PM PST

Judi_chan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Judi_chan on Feb 18, 12 10:38 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to provide some hints; I've decided to place this game today -- though I have to admit that I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm supposed to load "new game or "load a game". When I click "load a game", it just brings me to the date the game was created or put out for purchase -- don't know what the date's for.

MEnr56

With this type of game, you can only 'load a game' *after* you've saved at least once! So in order to do that, you have to start by clicking on 'new game' the first time you play...Then, at frequent intervals, it's recommended that you right click to go to inventory, click on the compass to go to the menu, click on 'save a game' and save! then you can always go back to a previous save if you get stuck (just look at some of the other threads for what can happen!) or if you do something wrong or out of order...Also, the walk through will tell you how to play and give you a lot of hints if you don't want to use it to play all the way through. Link here: Blog Walkthrough for The Secrets of Da Vinci http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-secrets-of-da-vinci-walkthrough/ (active link is in the thread named Blog Walkthrough)... Hope this helps... ^_^

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 10:42:53 PM PST

Go to: