bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Alice's Magical Mahjong forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 23, 10 9:46 AM
Welcome to Alice's Magical Mahjong forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Alice's Magical Mahjong players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Alice's Magical Mahjong forum

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 23, 10 6:32 PM
OMG...I am so glad, that I downloaded this game, to give it a try, it was so GREAT, that I wanted to let the other fishie's in the pond know, so they would give it a shot, but puzzledone had already left a great review, on this game...well done !!
What a terriffic game, the graphics are just stunning, and it brought out my inner child, I felt just like a kid again and was having such a BLAST, playing this one.
Everything from the story, the AWESOME layout of the tiles, that just look gorgeous, to the HOG part, is done just perfectly, I LOVE everything about this game.
The developers made sure that every aspect, of this game, was done top notch, it is just BEAUTIFUL to look at, and so FUN to play.
I was going out to dinner, so I didn't get to finish the trial version, until I got back, but I already knew, this game was a must buy, for me !
I too have other Mahjong games, but this one is by far, one of my fav's, there is just something about it, that lifts my spirits, and makes my SMILE :-)
Thanks BF, this is the best DD, I have found in a while, I give this game ...out of 5, GREAT GAME!!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Mar 23, 10 8:24 PM
Fabulous little game. Alice's comments during the game get can get a little old, but when I think of how many times I've rented a total piece of garbage movie for more than this gem of a DD that will keep me entertained for hours I want to say 'Thanks BFG!'

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 23, 10 8:59 PM
After writing my review, I went and played the game, and I now realize exactly what makes this imaginative masterpiece, so FUN, it is truely MAGICAL.
Just one example is, when you click on the two bonus tiles, the butterflys gather all of the matching tiles, than they carry them away.
They also have paint brushes, that paint the tiles, when you make a certain matchs, plus there are a lot of other magical things that happen, during gameplay.
This is by far the best "Alice in Wonderland " game, ever put out, I just can't say enough, good things about it...LOVE IT :-)
When I played the trial, I was kind of in a rush, but after I bought it, and played some more, is when I found out that the title suits this game perfectly, it is definitely MAGICAL and the music they choose, adds to the magic, its perfection.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Mar 31, 10 10:04 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the musical notes (hint, hint)! So far I get one now and then, but I have no idea how I get them or what would happen if I filled the whole scale. And I haven't gotten paintbrushes so I assume they come later.(still with the butterflies taking my tiles away). But this is a beautiful game, and I got the tip about it when I was reading the hilarious thread about the Egyptian match-3 game. Thanks!

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Nov 14, 10 9:20 PM

This game has been a delightful surprise. Judging by the graphics I anticipated a kids game. Instead I find myself enjoying terrific graphics and animation guiding me through a familiar storyline. I downloaded the Demo because I enjoy an occasional game of Mahjong and liked the Alice in Wonderland premise.
I happily used a credit to purchase the game before my Demo time expired.
This is a perfect example of "never judge a book by the cover."

An unexpected "positive" is my 4 year old GrandD curled up next to me helping Nana locate matches. We are very big on educational games and here is this delightful game teaching patterns, number counting, and picture recognition.She is also now a lover of Mahjong. Add in the HOG mini-games and Alice's Magical Mahjong becomes a "win-win" BF purchase.

I have learned to always check the opinions on the BF forum. I stop by after I finish the Demo's. Alice in Wonderland seems to be a BF majority favorite. If you're looking for a change of pace, a way to have a relaxing time, don't hesitate on giving "Alice" a try.

I returned after completing the game to say my opinion remains the same. Once finished an "Extra's" button appears allowing you the ability to replay layouts or create games of your own. You build the blank tiles set and the software fills in the Alice graphics for you. A nice addition.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 5:57:53 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Nov 19, 10 11:32 PM
Out of all of my mahjong games -- this is by far my favorite. I play every day for relaxation and I only have positive comments for this game. I was expecting a child's game but was pleasantly surprised. I find that the hidden objects are the most difficult for me to find, but that's a small part of the game itself. I give this game 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!!!

[Post New]by were_witch on May 21, 11 9:30 AM
This is my go to mahjong game......I play it over and over!

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Feb 8, 14 11:23 AM
I was having so much fun with this game until it crashed. The following is the error message I get when I try to open the game.

of Create Event
for object obj_controller_main_menu:

Error in function real

Is there a fix for this besides trashing the game and starting over with a new download??

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Feb 22, 14 7:52 AM
I am on the last level of this game and i keep getting an error message and the game will not open. The error message is as follows:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_controller_main_menu:

Error in function real().

Has anyone else gotten this message when trying to open the game? And if so, what can be done about it. Please I do not want to start over the game is almost done.

Go to: