MC's new look on iOS

MoTom61
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

MC's new look on iOS

[Post New]by MoTom61 on Oct 5, 16 8:09 AM
On the latest iOS update, Midnight Castle got a welcome facelift. The friends queue has sharper detail, the scorecards are very attractive and the mail with the gifts from friends queue also has a new look.

There's one strange element in the Castle Vicinity--there appears to be an outline drawing over the gnome road sign. Could be outline of the original sign post "puzzle"? Don't know what else it could be.

Is it likely that this new look will come to the Windows game? We'll see...

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 10:50:33 AM PST

Debora1823
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

Re:MC's new look on iOS

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Oct 5, 16 8:21 AM
There are quite a few things with drawing outlines around them...

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Oct 5, 16 9:29 AM
I was just going to post something about the new look with the latest iOS update. It seems that some of the lines are sharper but also that the colors are odd. The friend notifications of gifts are different colors than before. The inventory search box initially appears blank when trying to type in it, but on looking closer the letters are very faint red. In general it seems the colors are more muted and provide less contrast and I feel like it makes the HOS more difficult

MoTom61
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by MoTom61 on Oct 5, 16 10:57 AM
I didn't notice that, but I'll be sure to check it out. I can't see much difference in doing the HOS's. They seem to be unchanged to me, but I could be wrong. Anyone else notice this?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 5, 16 11:07 AM
I don't know what any of you are talking about - I can't see any of the things you've mentioned.
But then I'm half blind & playing on a 4" screen, so ………

MoTom61
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by MoTom61 on Oct 5, 16 12:12 PM
Desertdruid

Are you playing on iOS or Windows? The update we're talking about is not on Windows yet...

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Oct 5, 16 1:57 PM
You mean iOS got something before PC? What's going on?

Tia it's quite hard to see the outline on a bigger screen, but I have all the changes, so guess you have too.

Patsy

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Oct 5, 16 3:23 PM
I haven't gotten a new update. When did this occur? Nothing looks different to me.

Tia, I had no idea you were playing on such a small screen. That can't be easy. I give you a lot of credit for everything you have done.

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 3:24:25 PM PST

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Oct 5, 16 3:27 PM
I received an Apple update about a week ago on my I-Pad. There was not an update to MC. I also have noticed the changes in the coloring and graphics on the friends page as well as leaderboard and pencil markings/shading in certain areas.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Oct 5, 16 5:14 PM
Interesting. I have not yet updated my iPad because it always seems to mess something up. So maybe that's where the noticeable changes in MC are coming from. Or maybe I just haven't noticed them.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 5, 16 6:05 PM
MoTom, yes, I am on iOS. And yes, playing on a 4" iPhone screen.
Thank you Diane & Patsy. It isn't easy.
But I checked the App Store updates & there is no update for MC. Not since August.

Or are you talking about iOS 10?
iOS 10 is massive - almost a gigabyte. I won't be doing that for a long time. Plus, it's all upgrades to functions I don't ever use.

Edited on 10/05/2016 at 6:09:01 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 5, 16 6:53 PM
I'm pretty sure they are talking about upgrading to iOS 10.....I haven't done it yet on my iPad....have done it on my phone....

Want to wait until the end of the Castle Challenge before upgrading iPad.

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Oct 5, 16 11:48 PM
You're right Annelligram. It was the update in iOS rather than MC. I should have made that clear.

Patsy

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Oct 6, 16 6:53 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear, it was the iOS update. I play on an iPad. It has affected the colors in MC so that the contrast is more muted and everything looks darker, with kind of a grayish orangey cast. In addition there are weird outlines around some things, for instance, in the Griffin Stall, he has a line on his face, in the Forest Palace there is a box around the Arbor, there's an outline around the Gnome Road sign. I think the color change definitely slows down the HOS play.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 6, 16 7:12 AM
Wow. I definitely don't want this update!

Sheenaksq
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Sheenaksq on Oct 6, 16 7:51 AM
I've noticed changes to the game too since I downloaded the iOS updates this morning. the gifts from friends now have little halos...! I have seen a few of the white boxes around zoom zones and some of the scenes do seem a wee big darker, but overall I like the new view of the castle.
Have fun all!

Debora1823
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Oct 6, 16 2:37 PM
I just installed iOS 10 and I like MC better now! The background scenery is much more clear and I saw some things I had never even noticed before. I have checked every scene and here are the things I saw:

At the airship tower - there is a line around the gnome road sign - looks like someone just drew an outline around it with a pencil.

Henry - the background in the middle looked like fog before, now you can see scenery there and there are what looks to be pencil shading on the ice monster...also the entryway is different - it is actually two doorways, not one

Eleven Forest - there is a square around the arbor...again looks like a pencil outline

Dark Tower - the doorway at the top of the stairs by the iron knight, the fireplace, the figurines collection and the telescope are outlined

Atlantis - there are clouds moving across the sky by the hanging gardens

Friend list - there is an embellishment/decoration on the left side of each friend tile

Overall, the colors and clarity are much better

Stina_E
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Stina_E on Oct 7, 16 1:32 PM
The outlines that have appeared in the iOS game are probably a narrow shadow effect that was applied to many of the scenes by accident. The scenes are all layered files, which is why you often can't select an item in an HOS until you've selected some items near it. Each item has its own invisible layer. Likewise, the changes that occur in the main scenes, such as the change from the old road sign to the current one, are created by adding the new road sign in a new layer and including a copy of part of the background to cover the old sign. As a graphic designer, I've dealt with many similar files in software such as Adobe Illustrator. I'm sure the gray outlines we're seeing now will be corrected in the next update.

Edited on 10/07/2016 at 1:34:32 PM PST

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Oct 15, 16 12:56 PM
I had to look through many pages to find this post. I just did the apple update and noticed many of the changes players listed here. Most annoying being the color of typed letters in the search box-you can barely see them.

Another thing that's different on my game is the flashing around the mail and tournament button. It's MUCH less bright as I know players have been asking for.

Dawn

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Oct 15, 16 3:57 PM
I play on my I-pad and I have all of the above updates!

Go to: