bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 23, 10 6:22 PM
Hey Everyone,

We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the continuing difficulty that a number of you are having with this game. We have read all your comments, and are trying to reproduce the issues that are being reported in these forum threads. So far we are having little luck – but we are not giving up!

Prior to launch of this game, it was run through our testing lab – this lab has multiple computers (30+), running different operating systems and video cards and different processing speeds. The game was found to play well on each of these many machines – in every case we played past the cellar scene. So the problem being reported is providing us a challenge.

Since we started seeing these threads in the forums we have again tested the game many, many times – and always been able to progress past the cellar…

Although from reading the forums one may assume the issues to be widespread, there are many thousands of other fishies who have played this game to completion and enjoyed their experiences in Wonderland. That said, we continue to try to reproduce the progression breaks that many of you are seeing, and we hope to be able to report success shortly.

Re:Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by sercher on Mar 24, 10 3:42 AM
hi i also cant get past the celler this is the first game i have had problems with and it looks as though i am not the only one please help !!!!!!

[Post New]by annford on Mar 24, 10 8:47 AM
What about getting past the front door - is anyone working on that problem? I can't get the key in the front door - like so many others - and I don't want to burn up free minutes trying until there is a fix for this problem.

[Post New]by easyforme on Mar 24, 10 10:48 AM
I, too, am having problems getting past the front door. I wasted 17 mintues trying to get in, thinking I was missing something. Now, after reading some of the problems others are having, I know it wasn't me.

[Post New]by alexia01 on Mar 24, 10 10:52 AM
I''ve had to restart twice, I get past to the garden the first time I get the heat lamp then it disappears. The second time I can't finish the sundial. Please help. This is the first game I can't finish.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 24, 10 11:14 AM
Welcome to the pond fishies!

We are still working on these issues, thank you for your patience. In the meantime, it may help to update your Direct X, Flash Player and video card drivers. Here is a help article with more information.

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by lookin4u on Mar 24, 10 1:18 PM
OH woe is me. I've just purchased Alice and find myself as others have going nowhere in the cellar.
So keep trying chaps and chapesses to let me continue.

[Post New]by msmarsha0204 on Mar 25, 10 8:10 AM
I downloaded & installed the 60 minute trial, but it will not play. It starts up, then blinks out, although the game is still open on the bottom task bar. If I click on that it flashes open then closes again. It keeps doing this as many times as I click on the task bar, open for a second then closes. each click is a glimpse farther into the game until I get to the "Play" screen, but it blinks out so I can't even click on anything.

[Post New]by umaspice on Mar 25, 10 8:18 AM
I play many Big Fish games and this one so far is the worst. Sorry...

I have all the items to plant a garden but the trowel does not work. I think this is a bug because I used it before I had gathered the fertilizer, etc. and had made a hole for the seed. Now the hole is gone and nothing work. Please let me know....

[Post New]by bergie on Mar 25, 10 2:54 PM
by msmarsha0204 on March 25, 8:10 AM
I downloaded & installed the 60 minute trial, but it will not play. It starts up, then blinks out, although the game is still open on the bottom task bar. If I click on that it flashes open then closes again. It keeps doing this as many times as I click on the task bar, open for a second then closes. each click is a glimpse farther into the game until I get to the "Play" screen, but it blinks out so I can't even click on anything.

i have had this problem and i'm playing on a brand new laptop!!!! i'm not gonna waste my free trial if i can't even get to the menu screen!!!

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS?!?!?!?

[Post New]by PastaKitty on Mar 25, 10 3:40 PM
I also cannot get any response when clicking on the boards in the basement. The game works fine to that point. I also downloaded it to my new laptop which runs VISTA and there were no problems, My PC is XP and has an older Nvida card. and periodically I have trouble with these games. I feel it is the programming software of the game which is just not compatable with my PC's video card. I was going to purchase the game, but I probably won't because it will not play on my PC.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 25, 10 8:17 PM
on a brighter note... i downloaded and played through to the end with no problems, no glitches, and like the supertech-gurus at BFG i'm shaking my head going "what?"
good luck in getting to the bottom of this one guys! i'm rootin' for ya!

[Post New]by jgbhhy1 on Mar 26, 10 5:59 AM
annford wrote:What about getting past the front door - is anyone working on that problem? I can't get the key in the front door - like so many others - and I don't want to burn up free minutes trying until there is a fix for this problem.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Mar 26, 10 11:50 AM
I havent read this, but mine freezes up when I go upstairs to try to spot the 7 differences, I tried a few times but getting no where, its at the beginning of the game.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Mar 26, 10 12:17 PM
OK I got thru the find the differences, and on to the catipillar, so far so good.

Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by corecutter on Mar 26, 10 10:09 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Everyone,

We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the continuing difficulty that a number of you are having with this game. We have read all your comments, and are trying to reproduce the issues that are being reported in these forum threads. So far we are having little luck – but we are not giving up!

Prior to launch of this game, it was run through our testing lab – this lab has multiple computers (30+), running different operating systems and video cards and different processing speeds. The game was found to play well on each of these many machines – in every case we played past the cellar scene. So the problem being reported is providing us a challenge.

Since we started seeing these threads in the forums we have again tested the game many, many times – and always been able to progress past the cellar…

Although from reading the forums one may assume the issues to be widespread, there are many thousands of other fishies who have played this game to completion and enjoyed their experiences in Wonderland. That said, we continue to try to reproduce the progression breaks that many of you are seeing, and we hope to be able to report success shortly.

maxjt21
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by maxjt21 on Mar 27, 10 3:08 AM
i also have trouble getting past the cell erand i have aready brought this game,cause it look good,wat is happening with this game,help us with us,or give us new game credit,

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Mar 27, 10 7:38 AM
I'm stuck at the sundial..I have all the pieces , but they wont merge together..
and hint sends me in & out the door in the sky..the game tends to freeze up a lot too..hope it can be fixed..as this game seems to have a lot of unhappy players....

6 April...update...well I finally got the game to play to the end..I had to start again..but had no problems completing ...I deleted my first profile and created a new one..
short game ..too many gear puzzles ....its an OK game

Edited on 04/06/2010 at 3:46:11 AM PST

[Post New]by bnesmom on Mar 27, 10 8:31 PM
I have just purchased this game. Had no trouble with the demo, but now that I bought it, I keep having problems. Had to restart as a new person once I got to the garden-no matter how many times I clicked on the gardner, no task box of items came up. Now I cannot even get that far. I have all the items for the cake, but they will not combine & when I click the hint, it tells me to go into the library. I already have the milk, eggs & flour, but that's what it's telling me to do. I guess I"ll have to restart again, but this is getting ridiculous.

[Post New]by Roxannadana on Mar 29, 10 1:36 AM
Frustrating. One group of boards is in inventory in the garden scene and the rest are in a task. They will not combine so I am stuck. So many people are reporting this issue it is hard to believe the design testers cannot recreate the errors. All they have to do is select some items PRIOR to having the task assigned. That seems to be the problem.

Go to: