Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 7, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/07/2016 at 5:21:25 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 7, 16 5:21 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Oct 10, 16 3:42 AM
Hi,
Well I purchased this game today, but it will not download. It will start to download and then either stop at around 15% or start over. It cannot seem to finish. I do not have this problem with other games. I tried reinstalling the Game Manager, but that did not help. Any suggestions. Thank you.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 10, 16 11:51 AM
Hi abdulz69,

I'm sorry to hear that after purchasing this particular game, there is some trouble downloading it. It is recommended to refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Ultrex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ultrex on Oct 12, 16 3:35 PM
Having issues with the puzzle where you have to collect 6 books by moving the character. Character would not move and is now doing nothing, also hint is not working.

Now cant go any further in game. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but still does not work.

I am using Windows 10 for a PC

Edited on 10/12/2016 at 3:37:47 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 13, 16 10:45 AM
Hi Ultrex,

I'm sorry to hear that the character and hint button in the game isn't working properly. Thank you for letting us know the steps you've already tried to address this. When parts of the game aren't functioning correctly our help articles can be useful. I suggest trying the steps in the What if my games crash, freeze, or won't play? section of the following:

Windows 10

If this continues I recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide customized troubleshooting and are happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Oct 15, 16 10:56 AM
I am having the same issues as Ultrex, but I am using a Mac.
It probably is NOT a technical issue.
I tried the hint button at all available game scenes, but the reply is always: "I'm done here for now". Cannot move forward in the game

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Oct 15, 16 5:43 PM
my post about problem got posted in the Sable maze: sinister knowledge Collector Edition forum (don't know how I managed that) and I don't know how to move it here.
got to the stone man and books puzzle in adventureland and it won't let me move him. all areas say nothing to do here...win 7 64bit. Evidently the CE had the same problem lots of posts about it and stil not fixed.
and who wants to start over since this is well advanced in the game.
saw on a BLOG walkthrough and it mentions Coins also collected in a couple areas where other things were collected. Well, no , NO, NONE, NADA , coins were there.live frugally on fixed 'income' (ha ha). this is a luxury for me to get BF game. was so looking forward to the new MCF but unless there's a fix for this soon..i'm done. and I have been saving and have 2 credits to get the new MCF. bummer. since when is good customer service putting up with form emails that don't address the issue and you cannot actually speak with someone?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 16, 16 3:20 PM
Hello puzzgamer1 and zowaar,

Thank you both for taking the time to report this issue here. I'm sorry that this game is having trouble with the book puzzle. We absolutely want to help make this right for you both, and since it sounds like some previous steps may not have been able to help due to playing on Mac, I'd like to provide a page below that might be able to help with issues being seen on a Mac computer:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are seeing these issues on a Windows machine, the following page could assist with that:

Run Game as Administrator

While those steps may be able to assist, I absolutely understand wanting direct help and can recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for any additional assistance needed or if those steps don't seem to clear up the issue. Our Reps can gather data on these issues and report them to the right team for follow up, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

By providing this information to our Reps when our preliminary troubleshooting steps do not work, we can all help the right teams with information about the issues being seen in this game. Also, our Reps may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps that may assist, so be sure to contact them if our Help Pages are unable to assist.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgIlinalta

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 16, 16 3:57 PM
For anyone who is having a problem with a mini game, where things have not appeared that are supposed to be there, or something is not responding, always try the in mini game reset button. It solves a multitude of issues. It may seem stupid and simple, but often, pressing the reset button will reset the puzzle to how it was supposed to work in the first place.

In this specific books and character game, the reset button is definitely worth a try.

Puzzgamer1 said- saw on a BLOG walkthrough and it mentions Coins also collected in a couple areas where other things were collected. Well, no , NO, NONE, NADA
If you mean that there were no coins present then I don't think the SV gets coinsm it is a CE feature.

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Oct 21, 16 9:59 AM
wanted to post that I finally got to solve this puzzle and complete game.
There IS a glitch but I think It has to do with the way things are played in this area.
I signed in 3 times using diff profile. 2x had same prob with this puzzle. The 3rd time I had no trouble. I did not write down the steps I took like, which puzzles in order in this area...but I Do believe that doing something in that area just causes the game/puzzle to not work.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jan 8, 17 1:48 PM
Purchased this game a while back and just sat down to play it. Am in the library, at the statue with the 3 levers. Can't get the lever on the right to go down all the way so can't proceed.

I have already canceled my membership due to all the problems with every single new game. I check the forums for each new game every day because I might re-up my membership if BF ever gets it together.

I don't know what to do since I wouldn't be able to use a game credit. I need a $$ refund. Guess I'll contact costumer service...

Good luck everybody!

Discovered what was going on with the levers on the statue. For some reason I clicked on "Hint" and it indicated the far right lever at the lowest point. Wrong! All three levers were supposed to be in the middle between top and bottom.

Edited on 01/09/2017 at 1:56:55 PM PST

Go to: