HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

What would you have done different if you had known...

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 16 12:39 PM
Hello midnight castle players..

Have you ever wanted to start all over again to play smarter now you know the game?

I have.. so often heard myself say.. ahhh wish I had known I would never have...

Made a little list.. feel free to ad to it and make us all play smarter.

1. I would have collected more coins befor spending.
2. I would have been more patient.
3. I would never have sent the airship just because it was there.
4. I would not have fed pets the second I got the food.
5. I would only have taken the free spin on the wheel of fortune.
6. I would have waited to play for achievements that would cost me coins and items.
7. I would not have crafted some many pets early on.

Well I did do all those things and I am at top level.. have more than 2000 diamonds and 2 million coins.. and a lot of items :-)

I am allways short of airship items and petfood, but only because I want to play the challenges, and because the airship takes more and more items as you level up.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:What would you have done different if you had known...

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 7, 16 12:48 PM
Collect morphing flowers from day one!

Read the hints & tips here in the forum RIGHT AWAY!

Invite friends ASAP.

Paid closer attention to the story.

Taken my time sooner.

Edited on 10/07/2016 at 12:49:44 PM PST

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Oct 7, 16 1:03 PM
Made sure on iPad to always keep a pet that requires a small amount of food active AND always remember after feeding a pet to change it. That way when you inadvertently touch that corner with your hand you haven't wasted diamonds!

Not that that has ever happened, just saying.........

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 7, 16 1:09 PM
Lot of the same things you guys said:

Done more HOS's to get coins.
NOT sending the airship every time it was there.

AND..........not spent my diamonds on stupid stuff like calling a HOS early because I couldn't wait 5 minutes.

Edited on 10/07/2016 at 3:26:11 PM PST

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 16 1:56 PM
Uhh yes I would also have seach for help sooner.. I did not til I hit top level :-)

and yes always have an pet you have food enough for as they tend to eat a lot of diamonds if you hit them by accident.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 16 2:19 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Lot of the same things you guys said:

Sending the airship every time it was there.

AND..........not spent my diamonds on stupid stuff like calling a HOS early because I couldn't wait 5 minutes.

Why would you send the airship that often? I was always short of some items when I nedded to send it for quests.. and I wish I had send it less :-)

Trida1952
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Trida1952 on Oct 7, 16 2:40 PM
Selling airship items in the early days,,,,

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 7, 16 2:48 PM
Thankfully, I can't go back and change the past, because... if I'm being completely honest with myself, if I knew then, what I know now, I probably would not have downloaded the game.... and I would have missed out on meeting some great people who I cherish and adore... but... ... anyway, I am thankful I can't change the past...

eta: I'm not sure I would have changed anything about the way I played the game.. Before I ever even started... I went to ALL the tips and tricks, including the one the game provided and read everything I could get my hands on to see if I even wanted to play it... I had no idea I would get AS addicted ... I typically play a ftp game for a year, get bored, and move on to the next.... NOT ... THIS ... game... oh, M.C., I wish I could quit you...

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 11:43:04 AM PST

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Oct 7, 16 2:59 PM
gohill wrote:Thankfully, I can't go back and change the past, because... if I'm being completely honest with myself, if I knew then, what I know now, I probably would not have downloaded the game.... and I would have missed out on meeting some great people who I cherish and adore... but... ... anyway, I am thankful I can't change the past...

My thoughts are the same. Wish I could just have the friends but not the game. Not playing much anyway so it doesn't really matter about the game, I can take it or leave it.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 7, 16 3:08 PM
I did go back in way. I'm a returning player on a new computer. So having learned on my original game, I did do things differently.

To make sure I always had enough coin, whenever I got a quest for a profitable item, I would just make/sell over & over until my stamps were as low as I felt comfortable. I was able to make 300,000 at level 42 by making the mechanical heart. But hindsight even now, I would have put the zz items for the mechanical heart on my wish list. They only cost about 100 coin for a friend to send, but I make close to 2000 coin each time I made/sold one.

The most important area for drops is the castle. So the other areas that I opened, I didn't level them, instead I slowly, one at a time, cleared the hos to keep the experience low. That way when I got quests that required a trip to the same hos 4 times or so, I could bam, bam, bam, bam, done. Well in hindsight even here, I did play Elvyn Forest a little too much, and some of my hos are on 30min cool downs. When I first opened the area, I was getting much quests to go there, so I played some. Then surprise surprise at level 48 or so, most of my quests need items from there.

I would have made a feeder account sooner to feed my main account unlimited binding eggs. Wow, I have it now & I can barely keep up even at level 55.

That wheel is sure hard to pass up. Not sure about this one.

Learning from other people's experience on the dice table, whenever I go there for a daily, I make sure to get an item for the achievement. Should I hit max level, no more items will be on it, and if I hadn't yet gotten the achievement, I won't until an update.

At this point I send the air ship each time it's available. But hearing that other people are short for the challenges, I've decided to keep an inventory that I won't go below. Not sure yet if it should be 500 each item or 1000 each item.

Now that pet's bring back items for quests, I'm very careful to only send them out when I'm desperate for an item, so I'll probably not run too short on pet food.

I'm definitely paying attention to the story line.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 16 3:11 PM
Trida1952 wrote:Selling airship items in the early days,,,,

At one point I sold absulutely everything.. just to level up.. few days later I hit top level and felt really stupid :-(

I also sold airship items as I did not know I got the coins for them when sending the airship.. only found that out like a month ago.. and I am on top level. :-/

Desertdruid.. I just read the tips and tricks page.. and yes that tells have to play, but it does not tell have to play smart.. or I did not read enough

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 7, 16 3:28 PM
HennyMarie wrote:
sbaker2318 wrote:Lot of the same things you guys said:

Sending the airship every time it was there.

Why would you send the airship that often? I was always short of some items when I nedded to send it for quests.. and I wish I had send it less :-)

OOPS!! Sorry..........edited my post............I meant like you, not to send the airship just because it was there.

And since I started a feeder game..........not in such a rush to level up........taking it slow and enjoying it........was in such a rush the first game I rarely read anything.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 16 3:37 PM
Good point gtminer, to get the item achiement in dice game.. I forgot because I did get that achievement befor I leveled up and missed the items.

Some mentioned morphing flowers.. I did pick them some times and wunder what they were for and got surprised when suddently coins droped.. but then I learned and I still always look for them.. even if I see a picture of a place whre they are

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 7, 16 3:39 PM
Desertdruid.. I just read the tips and tricks page.. and yes that tells have to play, but it does not tell have to play smart.. or I did not read enough

Strategies for Playing & Things You've Forgotten are both helpful threads stickied on the same page.
Adding to the list to read both of those right away!

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 7, 16 9:22 PM
Mostly play more slowly, enjoying the story more. It's so easy to get caught up in what you're doing and miss what else is going on. I'd do more random clicking in HOS scenes, looking for those animations they sneak in. I found a new one the other day--in the HOS scene in the Dark Tower where Arabella hangs out there's a bottle with an eye in it. If you click on the eye, it grows larger and smaller as if it's breathing. It's really creepy. I've never seen that one on any of the threads about animations.

I think playing it all over again from scratch would be a really different experience since they've made so many changes since I first played-Trina, inventory at the dice table and in pet treasure chests, shards and coins as HOS rewards. Sometimes I think I'd like to do it again for the new experience and to refresh my memory about how the story wound it way to where it is now.

My other things would be repeats of what other people have said, so I'll stop with that.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 7, 16 9:52 PM
I have started over... 3 times!
Had the game on my iPad. Got to level 44 or 47. Then the game would shut down when ever I would try to play. Contacted support, and as much as they tried I just gave up.
Stopped playing for a while during moving. Tried the game on my pc and it worked.
Little harder with the mouse clicking, but I leveled up. Just wanted to get up back where I was!! More time consuming too..
Did a total dump on my iPad and restarted the game.
So that's 3 times.
The best thing I learned is to read the forum. Friends can help ( i stayed away from that the first time.) Even if you don't know it, it helps in the long run.
And the morphing things! I'm obsessed with them.
And to just enjoy the game.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 7, 16 10:51 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Collect morphing flowers from day one!

Read the hints & tips here in the forum RIGHT AWAY!

Invite friends ASAP.

Paid closer attention to the story.

Taken my time sooner.

I couldn't have put it more accurately myself.
This list for me says it all!!

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 8, 16 12:09 AM
I would ad friends too did not do that til the springevent where I needed friends privat rooms. Was on toplevel at that time and only had John.

Reason I did not ad friends was I did not want to connect to facebook.. because I had bad expirience with another game.

I still have not connected but as you all know you dont have to.

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 7:34:07 AM PST

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Oct 8, 16 9:12 AM
I'm afraid that I most likely wouldn't have played it and let myself become addicted to it. I wouldn't believe the good fortune that (at the time I started playing in June 2015) that all achievements were achievable with persistence and that I could actually collect all pets. Both things having been made harder/next to impossible (I'm looking at you Top 100 achievement and ginger kitty) are rather off-putting. I liked having the sense of being able to accomplish and achieve instead of the game making me feel like a loser. So, yeah, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't even start and get sucked in.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Oct 8, 16 10:33 AM
I would do the complete walk through for my ( including the name of the quest and what they were saying)

Go to: