pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Grand Machine

[Post New]by pgillenw on Oct 7, 16 6:03 PM
I'm having a heck of a time overcoming the challenge of getting beyond the wavelength settings. There is no skip and hint not friendly.

From my point of view my wavelength looks good.

The message is First Start the Machine. What exactly does the game expect me to do to "start the machine" beyond wavelength tweaking and selecting the lever on the control panel.

A very frustrated gamer here.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Grand Machine

[Post New]by pgillenw on Oct 7, 16 10:11 PM
Finally after hours and just plain luck I managed to get the sensitive wavelength solved to start the darn machine.

Let me explain --- I have a neurological condition that affects my dexterity. The wavelength should really have been a puzzle this would have allowed a Skip.

Some of us neurological challenged people have a lot of difficulty with mouse actions where you need to point and get through worm like things without running into the lines. While I once took pride coloring -- not possible anymore.

Whack a mole is out of the question when the whacking requires speed.

Consider neurologically challenged folk and make such challenging tasks such as the ones I mentioned a puzzle with a Skip.

Thanks

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Oct 9, 16 3:25 PM
Thanks pgillenw for bringing this up so the developers can be more aware, as an older player, I too have the same problems and sometimes just have to hit skip or have a heart attack from all the stress.

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Oct 9, 16 7:51 PM
I too am having problems with the darned wavelength puzzle and agree that it should have had a skip button! Foul!!!! Please, we pay great money to not have something so frustrating! Please give a clue as to where these darned sliders are supposed to be situated. The guide is no help whatsoever.

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Oct 12, 16 1:26 PM
I am having the same problems with opening the safe my hand feels like it is falling off from trying to move the dial around

[Post New]by jointhecrowd on Oct 16, 16 9:48 AM
This game has become so difficult to play. Took me forever to figure out the house in the sand, now this wave machine. This game is no longer fun to play.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 17, 16 8:06 PM
I agree. I think I will quit and ask for my money back.

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Oct 18, 16 4:00 PM
I, too, am an older player that has problems with some "techy" puzzles. A couple of these, I feel, should have had skip buttons. I have come as far as the grand machine, and am not prepared to spend the rest of what is left of my life to solve this puzzle! But I really did want to finish this game. Doesn't look like that is going to happen.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 18, 16 6:03 PM
Ok, so I've come up with a way to try and describe where each slider should be, based on landmarks in the surrounding scene.
This may not work for everyone as it is still a bit fiddly, especially for anyone with problems with fine hand movements, but I figured it was worth a go as so many people seemed to be having trouble.

So first of all it would help to have something straight to hand e.g. a ruler, or something else with a very straight edge, so as to be more accurate.

I am going to do each slider from left to right so here goes......

Slider 1
(on left)-
For this slider I am using a group of buttons below it as a land mark.
There are six black buttons directly underneath the wavy slider instruction thing, which is directly under slider 1.
They are arranged in two rows of three and look like what 6 on a dice face would. They are not much more than black dots really, but I think they are supposed to be buttons.
Take your straight thing and line it up with the left side of the second row of two buttons, i.e. the ruler edge should be touching the very edge of the left side of the two buttons in the middle of the arrangement.
Then follow the ruler edge up, and line up the left edge of slider 1 with that of the ruler. That should be the position of slider 1.

Slider 2 (in the middle)-
For this slider I am using a switch as a land mark. The switch I am referring to is a black flippy switch that is situated under the floppy disc drive. There are two white key board buttons on it's left.
There is a tiny white spot on the middle of the switch, which shows where the switch bit meets the base. It is very small (might need your glasses) and is just how it was drawn to give definition and show where the two parts of the switch meet (basically where the sticky out bit of the switch meets the black rectangle that it sticks out from.
Sorry I cant get a better description, but this is the best land mark I could find.
Use your ruler to match this dot up, not with either side of the rectangular slider, but with the line that is almost in the middle of the switch(slightly more to the right). It is like a crease in the slider that shows definition in the drawing, showing lighter on the left and darker on the right. Make sure that this off centre line on the slider is in line with the dot in the switch.

Edited on 10/18/2016 at 6:15:38 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 18, 16 6:12 PM
Slider 3 (on the right)-

I am using the instruction picture underneath slider 3, that has a filled in wavelength line and a dotted wavelength line (although In this one the dotted line is mostly covered by the filled in one).

The first dip of the dotted line shows three dots that are not covered by the other line (these are the first dots you come across in this instruction picture, when starting at the left side of it, and are at the bottom). Match up the very right side of slider three, with the second dot of the three. For extra reference, the right side of the slider should be almost, but not quite, touching the left button of the three little black buttons that are in the shape of a triangle, that is underneath the instruction picture, when lined up with a ruler.

That's the best I can do without being able to post a picture. Best of luck to everyone.

Go to: