bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 8, 16 12:29 AM
Are you prepared to survive the next chapter of Mad Head Games gruesome Maze series?

It was supposed to be an easy demolition job, but as soon as you and your supervisor entered the dilapidated Gehenna Building, you knew something was off. Your worst fears are realized when you both become pawns in a twisted experiment where you must comply... or die. Will you succumb to the one behind this madness or will you fight back and gain your freedom? Uncover the conspiracy that shut down this once-beautiful utopian building and defeat the villain that's watching your every step in this suspenseful hidden-object adventure game.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 8, 16 1:01 AM
... and this is the game I was waiting for!
Mad Head Games is a master at this genre. Some time ago I played the beta: the atmosphere created indeed sucks you into the plot, you get the feeling of being threatened, though you are sitting safely before your device - very good game, nobody should miss at least the demo.

Will say more, when I finished the game......(still alive then?)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 8, 16 1:38 AM
I have finished the demo, and liked what I have played so far. Gameplay is very well done, and I am glad to say that this game is different from many other HOGs I have played in the last few months, and therefore kept me interested.

This game is puzzle heavy with the odd HOS thrown in here and there.

The only collectables are spiral signs, and the HOS have morphing objects. These are not enough for me to pay twice as much as the Standard Edition costs, and I will therefore wait for the SE to come out before purchasing the game, especially since I am hardly ever interested in the bonus chapter once I am done with the main game.

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Oct 8, 16 2:12 AM
I agree with the comments here. Now this is a superb game1 I am playing it now and am very impressed by this gaming developer. Right up my alley.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Oct 8, 16 6:30 AM
wow.........this is really full of suspense.............and creepy! Loving it!! The best game by far for a long time! Off to buy

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Oct 8, 16 8:49 AM
Anyone who has ever been stuck alone in an elevator will get claustrophobia with this game. AS my life is full of electronic things with their own agendas, I'm deleting this game.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Oct 8, 16 10:43 AM
Another dark, depressing and dismal game. Isn't there enough of that in R.L. Not even for free would I consider it. I had to go outside for some fresh air and light to clear the bad Karma.

Elirana

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 8, 16 11:12 AM
I agree with Elirana. What ever happened to game that were fun to play. This game just brings you down. I'm just getting old I guess. I just don't believe the premise

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 8, 16 11:55 AM
I agree. A VERY depressing game.

This is not a relaxing type of game. From what I demoed, the many scenes are not pleasant to look at. The "drowning" scene was quite enough for me. You make the wrong decision and you're dead.

The music alone is something that I cannot stand to listen to.

No purchase for me, period.

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 12:00:45 PM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 8, 16 12:34 PM
Hello all! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

I am torn with this game. My notes from the beta read 'colls./too dark .... can't see anything....2*....not for me'. Now I've played the demo and the darkness seems to have been 'fixed' (not that it was 'broken') and I got further into the game because it was more 'playable' with the changes that were made.

Having saId that, it irks me that sometimes I can pick up or move an object with the click of my mouse .... and other times I have to drag items. With my bad right arm dragging is difficult.

I like the storyline ... I think it's appropriate for Halloween month. The voiceovers were perfect .... especially S.A.R.A.'s. The atmosphere was dark and gloomy but the building has been closed forever so that's to be expected. I don't find it scary .... more suspenseful or a thriller. I guess I expected it to be more along the lines of 'Emptiness' so was disappointed when it wasn't. I don't own Maze 1 .... perhaps that is where the disconnect lies. I'll probably wait for the SE and use a coupon.

For those trying to 'untrap' yourselves from the Gehenna .............

ENJOY!

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Oct 8, 16 12:47 PM
And another game that I can't play. Letters are way too small to see even with my reading glasses on.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 8, 16 12:57 PM
By now I have finished the main game. I am IMPRESSED - this game took me in at once and I "fought my way through"! What means, I loved every second playing it.

Last time I was taken away by a story or a movie - must have been as a child or later as a teen. So, congratulations, Mad Head Games!

Didn't find it depressing and yes, I have stuck in an elevator in an office tower, but that did not make me flee from fiction.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 8, 16 1:33 PM
I have been stuck in elevators twice and to this day I get claustrophobic when getting in an elevator and a lot of the time I take the stairs.

From the beginning I was hooked. This game is definitely different from the other HOGs we've been getting lately and I wasn't bored for one minute. It's like reading a good suspenseful novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Good job Devs.

ETA: BTW, According to Wikipedia Gehenna is the Jewish and Christian analog of hell which describes this tower perfectly.

Edited on 10/08/2016 at 2:28:45 PM PST

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Oct 8, 16 7:02 PM
I must say it is a special game.. It is revolting and downright sadistic. I will leave it to others to enjoy pheeew!!

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Oct 9, 16 7:49 AM
Ok, what do you expect with this Developer? Consider previous games....(Maze 360)
And consider the name of the hotel....Gehenna. Anybody?
It's a Jewish name for a very bad place for the dead (or in other words Hell-o)
Should be enough clues there to tell you this is going to be a scary, different sort of game.
I played the beta of this game and was blown away. It has fantastic graphics, excellent game play, heavy on the puzzles but still good HOS. It is one macabre story in a beautiful setting.
It may not be to every ones liking but it was my kind of game.
Try it if you dare.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Oct 9, 16 5:40 PM
Finally, a game worth purchasing and playing. I was hooked immediately. It's been a looooong time since any game has really "grabbed" me. Mad Head has done a great job with this one--so far anyway. Hopefully, there are no "gadgets" on down the road.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 9, 16 9:00 PM
I have been waiting a long time for a game that I can sink my teeth into and to spend my accumulating credits on. I've been so disappointed lately with so much of the same ole/same ole games that have been coming out.
But from the beginning of the demo to the end, this game had me hooked. Using those credits now and looking forward to a creepy, crawly, suspenseful ride.

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Oct 14, 16 11:00 AM
Don't waste your money.

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Oct 17, 16 8:01 AM
I agree with JRDALLAS. The game is great during the demo and then completely collapses. I got so bored after purchasing it that I couldn't finish it. It seems very innovative at the beginning and then turns into your typical HOPA complete with animated skeletons. About the only tired out gimmick I didn't run into was the squirrel/puppy/mouse/bird that requires food in exchange for an item. It's unfortunate because the game had so much promise in the demo and gets really dull very quickly after you buy it.

Go to: