didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Brain

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 8, 16 10:47 AM
Is anyone else having trouble getting the brain to open? I go by the strategy guide, but it still does not open to get the strainer.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Brain

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 8, 16 11:48 AM
@didersham
Here is a copy of a post I just made in a different thread as they discuss the same thing. Hope this is useful for you.
It's pretty simple.
First of all the brain is arranged in the same way as the pictures of it in the autopsy report (i.e. the orientation is the same), so if a colour is at the bottom right of the autopsy report picture, it will be the bottom right piece of the brain model.

The clue to which parts to press are on the computer on the left of the room.
The furthest left computer (in the zoom in scene) shows pictures of an eye, an ear and some lungs. This means you need to press the parts of the brain model that correspond to these functions( sight, hearing and breathing), which is explained in the autopsy report. The colours aren't really necessary except to show clearly the different parts of the brain.

Go to the brain model, open up the autopsy report in the zoom in scene and click on the parts of the brain on the model that are shown to control sight, hearing and breathing by the autopsy report. This would be Sight= bottom right, hearing= middle right and breathing= bottom left.

Voila, you're done.

Hope this helps someone.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Brain Yes

[Post New]by lionscat on Oct 8, 16 7:18 PM
I saw your instructions and have tried what you suggested. No success. I have tried every combination of autopsy pages and clicking on those brain parts, even going so far as to click hint for every part to click on. It still does not work, even after I follow the games own instructions explicitly. Brain does not open. I followed both the Guide and tried every other combination I could click on. Nothing happens and I am stuck. What the heck am I doing wrong? Please help!!!!

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Oct 9, 16 3:50 AM
sazoria, oh happy day!! I'm another one who was stuck on the brain! I KNEW if I came to the forum I might find a clue as how to get it open. (the guide wasn't much help) So now, thanks to this help I can continue the game.....

Hugs from Cinci

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 9, 16 8:28 AM
Thank you Sazoria! I will try with your suggestion to make sure another part of the brain was not already pressed down. I appreciate your help!

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 9, 16 9:38 PM
I kept trying the brain areas as given by Sazoria. Nothing happened. Then in frustration I tried other combinations. Mine turned out to be ( using the diagram by Sazoria) 5,6,4. Perhaps it is random. Just keep trying.

[Post New]by BMunchausen on Oct 23, 16 10:43 PM
Ugh, thank you! I need to delete a dupe post I just made about this.

ginricky49
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginricky49 on Nov 13, 16 8:44 AM
I was having the same problem as the rest of you. Nothing worked. So I just clicked on all 6 parts in a random order until the brain finally opened. There were 2 different sounds the lobes made when clicked on. I kind of keyed in on the sounds to help me. I do believe the combination is random, also. Very frustrating!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 13, 16 10:22 AM
( Reposted- this was posted earlier in the thread, but I seem to have managed to delete it!)
I can only suggest that you make sure when you press the three parts of the brain described, that you double check that every other brain part is not also highlighted. The highlighting is pretty subtle and may not be noticed, but if any other brain parts apart from those three are pressed (and therefore lit up) then it wont work. To help tell whether you have selected or deselected a part, when selecting one it makes a noise that has two notes in quick succession. The deselecting noise has three notes in quick succession.
To make sure you're definitely pressing the right parts imagine them as buttons, there are only six available, and numbered, they look like this-
So you would press 6,4,and 5.
You can also double check the clue on the computer screen as it may not be the same for everybody. Either way you only press three parts of the brain model, so make sure no others are highlighted . Also, clicking on the computer screen might allow you to complete the brain puzzle as clicking on the screen with the clues makes your character read them out and it might be necessary for your character to become officially aware of the clues for the puzzle, in order to complete it.

If this still doesn't work then there must be a glitch .
Sorry if this doesn't help, or if it seems as though I'm over simplifying my instructions. You can't always tell how someone if reading what you put so I try to leave little room for misinterpretation.

Edited on 11/13/2016 at 10:23:50 AM PST

Brit1976
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Brit1976 on Nov 20, 16 6:03 PM
I am stuck on this as well and totally frustrated that there is no clear color change as to what is highlighted and what isn't, in a normal puzzle you could clear it or restart so that you knew exactly where you were and you can't skip it so fed up with these poorly made games.

jillybabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jillybabe on Jan 16, 17 10:42 PM
I've tried every combination mentioned in the posts - no luck. This is the second time I've had a go at this game, and will once again have to give up. I simply can't see if the different parts of the game have been highlighted. I tried to follow the guide, no luck again. I can clearly see what sections should be selected by what's on the computer - sight, hearing and breathing. This section should have included either a reset button or a skip button.

Go to: