bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Comment and Reviews for I SPY Mystery

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 24, 10 9:18 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of I SPY Mystery? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgTigris

Re:Comment and Reviews for I SPY Mystery

[Post New]by freakdaddy on Mar 25, 10 2:54 PM
I don't know if this is a technical issue, but the graphic quality and resolution of this game are horrible.

Ophelya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ophelya on Mar 27, 10 4:47 PM
I'm really disappointed, this is a kids game. The voice is getting on my nerves and the whole game just doesn't compare to the other missing object games. I think it should have a clearer description to manage your expectations. I know I could have tried first, but all the other games I played so far were fun and nicely made and I didn't expect this to be so far removed from the other games. Well, I learned that I will from now on always try first.

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Apr 1, 10 7:30 PM
I played it for about 30 seconds. I agree with Ophelya - that voice! I turned off narration in the options as soon as I heard the welcome, but that didn't stop it. Glad I was only playing the demo. Big Fat Thumbs Down.

[Post New]by briteredlips on Apr 6, 10 12:32 AM
Welcome to the pond Bron, Ophelya, and freakdaddy. I tried this game too, and it only took about 4 minutes to decide it's not for me. Sorry, but a no sale for me.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Apr 6, 10 12:44 AM
Really disappointed. Last few days the games have been lousy!
Angie

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Apr 6, 10 12:53 AM
I've played other I SPY games, and the quality has been much better than this. The picture is very grainy and when you finish finding all the objects in a screen there's nothing to tell you what to do next.

Also, they have recycled scenes from the other games - the clock is the same one that appeared in I SPY Haunted House.

These games are mostly for kids, though my elderly mother loved them, and it encouraged her to learn to use the computer mouse. I've enjoyed the others too, but this one looks like a lazy cobbling together of bits and pieces. There are no real mysteries or riddles to solve apart from the hidden objects, and while children will find it fun, there's not much challenge for adults and I agree with Ophelya that there should be some mention of that on the site.

I do appreciate that BFG are putting out games for children over the holiday period, but that's three in a row now. Hey kids, move over and let us oldies have a turn now!!!

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 6, 10 1:02 AM
I Spy.... I Spy... that sounds familiar but I didn't know when or where did I came across this title.
I downloaded the game and as soon as I heard this voice, I remembered .
A couple of years ago or maybe more I got 2 of these series as a present and the following day they were sent to family kids.
Am I having memory loss???
I checked with a doctor and he prescribed a good adventure game full of puzzles....LOL

Nouni

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Apr 6, 10 2:42 AM
Uninstalled after 3 minutes. I didn't realise it was for kids. Mudrock promised something called GIA Crime and Punishment for some time this week. I sooo hope we get that tomorrow.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 6, 10 2:43 AM
This makes me really sad, actually. I don't care that it's a kids game. It was an I Spy that first introduced me to HOGs and I LOVED it. I don't recall the name (it's not offered here) but it had different story book type chapters. Then I found I Spy Spooky Mansion and loved it too. Now granted, that was several years ago now and I have much higher expectations, but the graphic quality of this game is just unforgivable. Perhaps they were trying to save size or make it run on all systems, but considering my system is over 6 years old now and I played, without lag, some gorgeous games recently it's very possible to have both.

I barely played it because even windowed the graphics were better but still "pixelated" and I shouldn't have to play windowed. It may well have been a good game but I can't enjoy something that looks this bad. Poodlebear Passes.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 6, 10 2:54 AM
I am sorry to hear that a few of you didn't like the game, I myself thought it was aimed for the younger ages. I however, I didn't like it either. Thank you Big Fish for the variety of games that you offer, whether they're Kid games, Hidden Object, Puzzle, Time Management, Match 3 games etc...You always have something for everyone. TMann

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Apr 6, 10 4:23 AM
Great game, if you are 5 years old.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Apr 6, 10 4:33 AM
Come on, fishies. We were kids once upon a time, too! Although I think they should be outside playing games immediately when they get off the bus, they also need to be introduced to the our computer-run society - and in a way that makes them feel confident about themselves! If you have any little ones around, give 'em a hug and tell 'em how great they are. Then turn around, frown, tap your fingers, and patiently wait for another MCF game like I am. GRRR.

Edited on 04/06/2010 at 4:34:29 AM PST

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Apr 6, 10 4:38 AM
I agree with above reviews. The graphics are the worst I have ever seen. I wouldn't let young kids play this since it might ruin their eyesight from squinting to find the stuff. There is no volume on this game. Its either yes or no to the sound. 5 thumbs down to this game.

[Post New]by Pandora0246 on Apr 6, 10 4:38 AM
My nine year old son and I have played all the I Spy games and as he says
"I'm too old and too smart for them now"...And he's right.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 6, 10 5:16 AM

I SPY... A NO BUY !!!!

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Apr 6, 10 5:23 AM
I spy a miss by a mile. Fifty-eight minutes still left on the trial.

Two minutes was all I could take, given the grating voice, the poor graphics/resolution and the fact that it is clearly aimed at very young children (kindergarten age) - with no mention of that in the game's description. Hooray for demos.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Apr 6, 10 5:40 AM
Why all these games for kids? I hope it means we are in for something really great....

Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Apr 6, 10 6:01 AM
This game is so wrong on so many levels but the voice -- the VOICE -- how annoying is she? What's up with that? After two minutes I was done!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 6, 10 6:02 AM
This is a game for young children and they will enjoy it. It's a no buy for me. Hope something better comes along soon.

Go to: