AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

For those of us Living in the Past.

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Oct 9, 16 8:29 PM
It has been suggested that a lot of the Older Players, myself included, wish to live in the past version of the game,

Therefore I ask all of the Old Time Players the following questions.

Should the Developers bring back,

The Old Bow Figurine
Only Gifting 5 times per day
Using Inventory items for the Airship,
No longer having separate tabs for the inventory items
No longer having the ability to decline people who are no longer playing.
No Daily Quests
No Trina Quests
No Mini Events, private rooms, or Castle Challenges
No Daily Bonuses
Only inventory items dropping from the HOS, not shards, or extra coins.
Morphing flowers only giving coins.

The only thing that I would bring back would be The Inventory Items dropping all the time from the HOS

This game is constantly evolving and becoming more challenging, which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Some changes suit everybody, some don't, a bit like real life.

This game has. brought me good friends from all over the world and and I am the richer for that. It has given an outlet and brought friendship to people who are shut in the house for some reason or another which has to be a good thing

Not everyone will agree with my thoughts and that is okay by me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I am not trying force my opinion on anyone else.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Re:For those of us Living in the Past.

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 9, 16 9:51 PM
I'm fine with it all the way it is. It would be nice to have inventory with every HOS, but since they've added inventory collection to the dice game and pet chests, it kind of makes up for the lost items. I know that it's only when you have quests to do, but that's when you really need it, anyway. I've never been one to keep a lot of inventory around, except for stamps, airship items, and pet food. You need to keep those so you keep getting a good drop rate. I don't worry about getting inventory to gift because I can just buy it with gold now.

Anyway, my philosophy is that if I want to have fun, it's best to just go along with what we're given. Put any suggestions in the suggestions for the developers thread. Then just let it all go. I have enough stress in my life, so I really try not to let a game stress me out even more.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Oct 10, 16 5:38 AM
Hi AnnaDownes

When listed like that it shows what great improvements have been made - some before my time I'm glad to say. The Old Bow Figurine seemed very unpopular. It's good to see the game grow and evolve.

However, having only recently reached the top level in 1 game I must say there is a difference in item drops between higher and lower level games (17 and 23) so I can understand the frustration of long time players. Perhaps if the amount of money and shards was increased in line with the value of some of the new items it would help.

A change I've really like is getting the inventory items you need for CQ when you feed your pets. Especially helpful when you have to use the same ZZ multiple time. My wish would be a higher drop rate of Unique Stamps. In my game I can do a whole round without one

I'm also lucky in that I enjoy doing the rounds and I've stopped doing the Challenges.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Oct 10, 16 6:25 AM
Interesting thread. One thing that changed that makes it different for me playing the game is the time of day we begin a new day. I once played when I first got up to see what was new, now days begin at 7:00pm. I like the challenges because they add a reason to play even the repetitious doing of rounds. I'm looking forward to the fall event! Since it is so long between updates, it's fun to have these diversions.
Connie
Aah Me Yea!

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Oct 10, 16 6:34 AM
okiejustme2006 wrote:Interesting thread. One thing that changed that makes it different for me playing the game is the time of day we begin a new day.
Connie
Aah Me Yea!

I'd forgotten about the time thing. I shall be glad when BST ends and my new day starts at midnight again

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Oct 10, 16 6:41 AM
Lose the Trina quests great idea...

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 10, 16 7:13 AM
Gr3asyHalfling wrote: Lose the Trina quests great idea...

I agree with decreasing the final achievement... but, without Trina, new players would not get keys to open rooms or furniture... and the rooms, especially Christmas and Spring, to date, have been very beneficial....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 10, 16 7:35 AM
Gr3asyHalfling wrote: Lose the Trina quests great idea...

Why? They are not mandatory.

I don't like tournaments.

However, rather than lobby for them to be discontinued so that NOBODY can play them, I skip them.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Oct 10, 16 9:50 AM
AD01..Here Here! Thanks for writing that for me and others. More Inventory would be nice but I Really want the Tourney squared up so I can Achieve the 2 Avatars & Gingersnaps Cat! 0's & 10%'s Be Gone! The WOT..[wheel of torture] is going back and forth..stopping starting jumping one over or back..Maybe someday..As someone posted very often your First score is your highest score. I am getting more chips and higher base score but with 0% & 10%???!!! I'm on the lookout for a DL Tonight by the way my game has been acting..Now that I've said that..Maybe they won't. Will they?..Won't they? Never a dull moment Here's to capturing Count Incognito tonight. Qatwar...P.S. I never live in the past as I can't remember yesterday..[most of the time]

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 10, 16 10:09 AM
norry6 wrote:
okiejustme2006 wrote:Interesting thread. One thing that changed that makes it different for me playing the game is the time of day we begin a new day.
Connie
Aah Me Yea!

I'd forgotten about the time thing. I shall be glad when BST ends and my new day starts at midnight again

Me too!
In fact me three and four as well as then I open my feeder games

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 10, 16 11:33 AM
AD, thank you so much for this thread. Many relatively new players have absolutely no idea what this game was originally like when they advise us "old timers" to stop living in the past and enjoy the game as it is today.

The game that you all are enjoying is due, in large part, to the players who constantly and consistently advocated for changes over the years.

The old Bow Figurine is an often quoted and certainly the most vivid change. Back then, if you played 4 rounds a day, it would take 9.5 days to complete one Bow Figurine and 57 days to complete 6 Bow Figurines. We had to do 12. Out of that was born the need for a vast amount of inventory.

In addition to the changes listed, I can think of two more; fixing the Find Button so it does work on the DQs, etc. and the Inventory Search feature. All those changes were petitioned for and thankfully incorporated by the developers to make this game more enjoyable from a player's point of view. And I'm sure future players will reap the rewards of today's players who rally for positive changes.

Everyone plays MC in their own way, defined by their journey so far. If you're a newer player, you have nothing else to compare it to. If you've been here from the beginning, you bring all that experience with you. And there is something to be said for experience, both in life and in the world of Midnight Castle.

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 11:48:31 AM PST

Go to: