metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

Level 58

[Post New]by metmichallica on Oct 9, 16 10:37 PM
How do you beat this level? All the vines keep adding up for me taking up most of the space on half of the board. How do you beat this level? Thank you.

Michelle

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Level 58

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 10, 16 5:22 PM
I haven't gotten to that level yet, but so far I've been getting rid of them immediately with bombs. If you don't have enough bombs, replay a few easier levels to earn enough gold to buy some.

**UPDATE** I just played that level and got through it the first time by using bombs on the vines. I think I had to use 8 bombs to get rid of them all.

The thing with bombs is that you can't use them on "empty" tiles. If the vine is over a tile with nothing underneath, you can't bomb that tile. So, for each vine look for tiles that have items in them that are covered with vines or next to the vines and bomb those. I had to wait for the vines to take over two tiles with items in them before I could bomb the last of them.

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 6:15:31 PM PST

[Post New]by RadioJet on Oct 25, 16 2:44 PM
My problem with this level is that if you don't make it through in the given amount of time, you get a message that says "TRY AGAIN" or "GIVE UP." When I click on the GIVE UP button, it doesn't work. Tried 4 times now. It keeps taking me back to try again. The next level, Level 59 is still locked. I don't want to use a bunch of bombs, I just want to skip it, but it won't allow me to do that. Feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Any suggestions?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 25, 16 7:58 PM
Hi, RadioJet. Welcome to the pond!

Unfortunately, you can't skip levels in this game. The next level won't unlock until you finish the previous level. Try Again" means you'll be taken immediately back to the level. "Give Up" just takes you back to the list of levels, but doesn't "skip" the level for you.

There are two things you can do that might help:

1) If you're playing timed, change to "untimed" in the menu and quit the game. When you return to that level, you'll have all the time in the world to beat the level, provided the vines don't fill the board. You can switch back to timed mode after you beat this level. The bad news is that you can't get three stars on untimed. It shows that you got three stars when you finish, but on the level screen, you only get two.

2) Click "Give Up" and go back to play a bunch of earlier levels to earn gold. When you have enough gold to buy 10 bombs, you'll probably be able to beat the level, as long as you use the bombs right away, before the vines can spread. (I know you don't want to use bombs, but that's the cheapest power-up and they're the most effective way to get rid of the vines.)

Edited on 10/25/2016 at 8:02:10 PM PST

[Post New]by RadioJet on Nov 1, 16 11:11 AM
Thanks for your reply, burf90!

[Post New]by RadioJet on Nov 1, 16 11:21 AM
I tried going to the OPTIONS menu. There was no option for UNTIMED, just volume levels/sound options. There didn't seem to be any other menu choice to switch to untimed. Am I missing it somewhere?

Also, on page 6 of the INFO menu, it states, "Mind the level limits. You have to complete the level before you run out of time or moves..."

So I guess I will just use up a bunch of bombs. I don't understand why a game developer makes such a reasonable game and then throws in an almost impossible level. Makes it so frustrating when it's only at Level 58, which is still relatively early in the game.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 2, 16 1:30 PM
My apologies, RadioJet! You're right that there is no untimed mode in this game. There was in the previous game (Trip to Greece), so I just assumed they offered that option in this one, too. Wrong...

So, I guess you'll have to use bombs. You'll need a lot of bombs in this game, because those vines appear in other levels, too. I always keep a big stock of bombs, just for those levels. I don't use many power-ups in these games, but when I see those vines, it's bombs away!

You might want to see if BFG will credit you for this game and buy the Trip to Greece game. That one had a "Timer Mode" on the options screen. If you cleared the checkmark next to it, you could play untimed.

Go to: