phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Blood Oath

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 24, 10 8:10 PM
Beta'd this today from M*rsc*m. Excellent adventure-HOG with a vampire theme. You awake as a vampire, and must strengthen your powers through various quests in the game. The HObs are all inventory items, and you will search through several rooms to find things to finish a series of tasks.

The graphics are excellent, the game mechanics flawless (even the custom cursor!), and the sounds appropriate. I didn't notice the music, if there was any, so it must have been mild. No timer, refillable hints, and no penalty for clicking everywhere.

If you go to their website, you can still sign up to beta test at this point. Don't know if they will cut it off. The survey is detailed, too.

VERY much looking forward to getting to play the rest of the game. I thought it might be a sequel to Blood Ties, but it is definitely not!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Blood Oath

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 24, 10 8:37 PM
I liked Blood Ties. It was one of the 1st HOGs I ever played. Great music & nice graphix for back in the day. Hope Blood Oath is better than Vampireville was.

Little known historical fact concerning Blood Ties: the lead character in the TV series on which it was based was named Henry Fitzroy. Fitzroy is a fancy Frenchie way of saying "son of the king" & the prefix Fitz in general is a fancy Frenchie way of letting peeps know said kid is an illegit. This was the name bestowed upon Henry VIIIs son the Duke of Richmond & this is who this vampire guy in the show/game was supposed to be. Richmond died shortly after turning 17 so of course the actor was far too old. But the interesting thing is that Richmond took ill very suddenly on a hot summer night (would you offer your throat to the wolf w/ the red roses?) & died within a wk. He was at his household of Colleyweston, Granny Margaret Beaufort's old castle, with his wife, Mary Howard, & her brother Henry, Earl of Surrey & Richmond's BFF. Tho Richmond was wed twas rumored he & Surrey were more than BFFs. How creepy for the wife. But I digress. Following this unexpected demise, Henry VIII sent the Howard kids' dad, Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk, to oversee the arrangements. He gave him very specific instructions on how it was to be accomplished. None of that lying in state nonsense that as a king's kid Richmond was entitled to; NO funereal procession; NO big fancy funeral service w/ all the important peeps invited; NO chief mourner; NO muss & fuss at all....AND Norfolk was instructed to make sure Richmond was entombed in a lead-lined coffin. Nobody had those. It was a weird request.

Maybe we've lost a tidbit of vampiric lore & lead was akin to garlic? Was the heavy metal supposed to prevent Richmond from rising? COULD he have been bitten by a vampire, after all?

Things that make ya go hmmmm.

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on Mar 24, 10 8:39 PM
Thanks Phatkhat, I will be on the look out for it , it sounds right up my street.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 24, 10 9:00 PM
thanks for the info phatkat, i went and signed up but they said there was nothing to beta at this time.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 24, 10 9:02 PM
Well, fooey. The email they sent encouraged me to forward it to my friends! Maybe they got flooded with new beta testers.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 24, 10 9:03 PM
phatkat did the email give a link to the game?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 24, 10 9:04 PM
I'll pm you. Try it that way. And just sign in with the account you just created.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 24, 10 9:08 PM
thanks phatkat

eta didn't work that is the same one i tried when i signed up, sounds like my kind of game though

i just beta'd a game from o*er*n called buried in time. it is about archaeology and solving puzzles. it is not a hog but it is not a tm either almost similar to virtual villagers but not quite. has good voice acting and a good story, i don't like any thing like vv but will buy this game if it comes to big fish.

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 9:12:10 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 26, 10 7:06 AM
Seems like P*g* had a "coming soon" thing about Buried in Time... They are partners with Ob*r*n, so hopefully it will not be too long. BFG should get it sooner or later! At least you'll be able to demo it at P*g*.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Mar 26, 10 7:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds interesting!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Mar 26, 10 8:16 AM
Sounds cool. I'll be watching for it.

sanny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sanny1 on Jun 20, 10 5:58 AM
I am in the bathroom collecting items, but when I click on the bule claw, nothing happens, I can't go any further without this item. Help

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 5:59:12 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 20, 10 8:50 AM

sanny, the solution to your problem was posted in the game specific forum at:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1791.page
(copy and paste into your browser address bar)

=> Quit the game and the Game manager and restart (go back in, not from the beginning). Good luck!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 20, 10 9:35 AM
Hey Fishies!

Now that there is an official game forum for Blood Oath, I've gone ahead and moved this thread over to its home.

To find the forum for any game, just click on "All Game Forums" at the top of this page, and type in the game title you're looking for.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the full game forum by clicking here

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

Go to: