Burning Hollow - not fast enough to defeat nest of enemies at end of cavern

[Post New]by DavyRavenhorst on Oct 10, 16 4:26 PM
Hi all fishies:

I desperately need help--and fast! I am currently stuck in Burning Hollow and got to the end of the cavern where there's a purple portal (it activates a nest of enemies). However, just before nearing the end of that battle (don't know how close I got), swarms of enemies come around me from all directions and I'm not fast enough to type the words and therfore get killed and start over near there. I got all the upgrades I can get (can not get Knockback; not enough points to unlock it yet). Is there something I am missing?? Or is that all there is to this, that I have to start over anew again?! Please give me a few answers. I am sincerely hoping I didn't do anything bad that would cause me to lose this profile and start anew again, which would be awful!!

(Btw I have fully explored this cavern and got everything there is in here...)

Edit: I finally defeated the nest! Here's a tip to defeating this nest (it's the big nest (purple portal) at the northeast corner of the cavern (you'll see a big nest symbol on your map)):

Even if you do not have Knockback you can still defeat them all, but it will require you to be typing letters very fast, especially where all enemies come at you from all sides (directions), otherwise you will get killed eventually!! It's hard but can be done--with trial and error!!

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 4:45:54 PM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Re:Burning Hollow - not fast enough to defeat nest of enemies at end of cavern

[Post New]by moesart on Oct 12, 16 6:53 AM
I'm glad you made it. You can also try typing very slow.

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Oct 13, 16 3:23 AM
Yes, that was my impression too, that when you type slower, the monsters came at you slower. You can also change the setting to easy, if you haven't yet.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 13, 16 8:51 PM
There's an "Easiest" setting, too.

Go to: