bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 25, 10 5:54 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 5:55:12 AM PST

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by momshere on Mar 25, 10 6:29 AM
I downloaded the trial this morning - only to have the entry tell me that the trial was expired! How can that be, unless it is not truly a trial version, just a ploy to get me to buy before i try. Do I need to uninstall / reinstall? What?

UPDATE: I did uninstall and reinstall - that seemed to work, I have the full trial period now. I suppose it may have been because I set two of them to install at the same time this morning. I've done that before without issue, but that may have caused the problem this time.

THANKS

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 7:08:24 PM PST

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Terri218 on Mar 25, 10 8:30 AM
That happened to me yesterday with Sherlock Holmes and it was explained to me that the game is actually running but I can't see it because I don't have the right video drivers. That doesn't make any sense though if you have JUST downloaded it and not played at all. Contact CS for help.

My question about this game is - since it's such a large file, is all of that for the game itself or is some of it for the extras? In other words, if I wait for the regular edition, will it be a smaller file? And if I download this and it does work but I want to wait for the regular edition, will I be able to demo that version also?

Thanks.

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 8:31:13 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 25, 10 11:12 AM
Hey Fishies,

If your trial expires before you have a chance to play it, you've definitely experienced a technical issue, and I'd suggest getting in contact with tech support to resolve that issue. Sometimes it could be an incompatibility between the game and the display drivers on your computer, or sometimes it could be that the game has loaded twice and is running in the background. There are a number of reasons this could have happened, but tech support can certainly help.

The first thing I would suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the trial. It may help to completely shut down your computer before you reinstall, just to make sure the game isn't waiting for a response from you.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

It may also help to check your display drivers to make sure you're running updated versions of this software

Help My Games Run Correctly

If this doesn't help, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 03/25/2010 at 11:13:03 AM PST

grogsplot
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grogsplot on Mar 25, 10 1:51 PM
Technical issue found for me on the Greenhouse level, just over half way through. I collected the mirror piece and placed it in the mirror, then it took me back to the Greenhouse so that I could 'clean' the other mirror to be transported to the next room, but it doesn't work. It's stuck. Nothing responds.
I'm finding there are a couple of issues I've had with BF games of late, especially with downloading new demos for them only to tell me my trial period had already expired, and I hadn't ever played them!
Can BF please explain the above issues? Things are beginning to become more than a little trying.....

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 25, 10 11:05 PM
The problem I had with this game was during the basement level, I was in the middle of sorting out the clock hands when one of them disappeared.

I had to cancel the trial then as there was nothing I could do if I could not see the clock hand.

[Post New]by howard322 on Mar 26, 10 4:56 AM
Having issue in the basement. Somehow I found the clock hand and then during the course of moving them, I only have one again. Not sure if this is a 'glitch', but definately couldn't finish the demo level.

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Mar 26, 10 5:09 AM
I had the same problem with the clock. The minute hand went into place and disappeared (which I assume is normal), but I can't get the hour hand in the correct position. After a couple of minutes trying, I left the game with 6 minutes left on the demo. I read the forum, then went back and spent 4 more minutes fiddling around with it. I used the custom cursor, switched the custom cursor off, but nothing happened. I won't buy this game until this glitch is fixed, which bums me out because I was really enjoying myself.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Mar 26, 10 1:48 PM
grogsplot wrote:Technical issue found for me on the Greenhouse level, just over half way through. I collected the mirror piece and placed it in the mirror, then it took me back to the Greenhouse so that I could 'clean' the other mirror to be transported to the next room, but it doesn't work. It's stuck. Nothing responds.
I'm finding there are a couple of issues I've had with BF games of late, especially with downloading new demos for them only to tell me my trial period had already expired, and I hadn't ever played them!
Can BF please explain the above issues? Things are beginning to become more than a little trying.....

Ok fishies - I'm also stuck at Greenhouse level - got the shard and back to greenhouse and "nothing"....task says to collect the shard which I have already done. Now what? Do I have to start over?????

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 26, 10 3:08 PM
Hi azmesa340,

I was able to find this tip in the walkthrough, SPOILER ALERT:
-After you place the mask, the center will open again.
-Take the mirror shard.
-You are transported to the mirror that shattered and trapped you in the mansion.
-Place the shard in the matching space in the mirror.
-Click anywhere to return to the greenhouse.
-Click on the mirror
-TASK: Dust off the mirror

Is it possible that you were sent back to the greenhouse before placing the shard?

If you have done all the steps and are still having issues, it could be a display issue and you may need to try some updates. Here is a help article with more information. Unable to Play Downloadable Game

You can also contact our Technical Support Team for help as well.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Mar 26, 10 4:04 PM
Thanks bfg Tigris - I did place the shard and was returned to greenhouse where game is stuck. I have updated video card thru tech services - uninstalled/reinstalled and here we go again - nothing moves.

[Post New]by mandy_sue1901 on Mar 26, 10 6:59 PM
howard322 wrote:Having issue in the basement. Somehow I found the clock hand and then during the course of moving them, I only have one again. Not sure if this is a 'glitch', but definately couldn't finish the demo level.

I had the same problem. I tried to set the time..closed out to check to see if i read the time correctly..came back just to find my hand was gone. Has anyone made it past this part in the game? Is it as far as the trial will let you go? Never had a game like that before, almost has to be a glitch.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Mar 26, 10 7:22 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi azmesa340,

I was able to find this tip in the walkthrough, SPOILER ALERT:
-After you place the mask, the center will open again.
-Take the mirror shard.
-You are transported to the mirror that shattered and trapped you in the mansion.
-Place the shard in the matching space in the mirror.
-Click anywhere to return to the greenhouse.
-Click on the mirror
-TASK: Dust off the mirror

Is it possible that you were sent back to the greenhouse before placing the shard?

If you have done all the steps and are still having issues, it could be a display issue and you may need to try some updates. Here is a help article with more information. <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158/c/2803/r_id/109674">Unable to Play Downloadable Game</a>

You can also contact our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3NpZC9objZCa0lVag==">Technical Support Team</a> for help as well.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

Where, pray tell is the walkthrough? I'm stuck in the wine basement with two full bottles of wine and no corks. The "help" button just points me back to the expanded picture of the two full bottles and "Now I can cork them" at the top.

I checked the walkthrough index and this game is not listed, either by Haunted Manor or Lord of the Mirrors.

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 7:25:22 PM PST

[Post New]by nocht2late on Mar 26, 10 7:32 PM
I understand that after I set the time on the clock in the basement, someone is supposed to appear. Nothing happens. I have tried setting it over and over. It's alot of money to lose, but I'm un-installing. Fed up with it, and it looks like many others are having the same problem in this area.

[Post New]by amberkitty1 on Mar 26, 10 8:50 PM
Me too! I keep setting the clock and nothing happens, cant go anywhere else.

krmaples
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by krmaples on Mar 26, 10 9:31 PM
Having played BF for several years this is my first post and my first problem. I lost the hour hand on the clock in the basement. Will this be corrected as this seems to be a technical issue within the game itself?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 9:43 PM
frannycats : Where, pray tell is the walkthrough? I'm stuck in the wine basement with two full bottles of wine and no corks. The "help" button just points me back to the expanded picture of the two full bottles and "Now I can cork them" at the top.

on the game's main menu, click extras to find the walkthrough... you have three options on the left - wallpapers, walkthrough, and your figurine collection...

also, i covered wine in another thread, may want to take a look!

have fun gaming

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 9:46 PM
amberkitty1 wrote:Me too! I keep setting the clock and nothing happens, cant go anywhere else.

this issue has been tossed about in other threads as well... what is working for most people is moving the long [minute] hand to eleven [for :55] and then sweeping the short [hour] hand towards twelve going counter-clockwise, maybe a hair past... worked for me! good luck

[Post New]by boo0709 on Mar 27, 10 5:45 AM
got the same problem with the greenhouse, collected the mirror shard put it in its place, took me back to greenhouse and does not let me go to the next level

[Post New]by BBWSmilinEyes on Mar 27, 10 6:45 AM
I'm having the same issue at the green house. I placed the shard, got sent back to the green house. I've clicked on every inch of the mirror, but it won't let me move on in the game. Very disappointing being that I paid over $20 for the game. I'm hoping that they'll get it fixed right away!

Smilin'

Go to: