bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 12, 16 12:29 AM
Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily is a captivating blend of hidden object challenges, puzzle solving and daring detective work.

When a grim murder interrupts a private detective's vacation at the very gate to the hotel at which she was going to stay, she puts her plans for R&R on hold and sets out to do what she does best: solve violent crimes. All she has to go on is a single clue: a mysterious paper lily attached to the victim's frozen body. Could it be the killer's calling card?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 12, 16 1:31 AM
This Adventure light/HOG game, which is by Artifex Mundi/One More Level, was first released at the end of June of this year, and has at last come to BFG.

On the Artifex Mundi site, the word "Lilly" is written with 2 Ls, but on BF it's just the one L in the title.

The graphics are very well done, and so are the voices.

There is a Custom mode, and a choice of a large and a small custom cursor.

The Inventory stays permanently on top.

Gameplay is a little different from the usual games. For example, some of the HOS are scenes you have to search in order to uncover the item lists.

This is a well done game, and I am happy to see that some devs don't need to turn a game into a CE first, but can still make Standard Edition games that are worth playing.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Oct 12, 16 3:04 AM
Anyone who is familiar with their games 9 Clues, it plays exactly like that.

I only played the demo for a short time to check it out and while I love 9 Clues, this game plays with little challenge, more of a beginner game (it may get more challenging as the game goes on) and I will have to consider whether to purchase it or use a coupon code.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 12, 16 3:39 AM
This is a nice little gem for us to get as an SE...

Can't say much more than Valdy as far as the game play goes.

Be on the look out for something to collect and there might be morph's....I can't tell if the second one is indeed a morph. but I keep stumbling onto them.

I didn't want to say what they are, as it could be a spoiler for some.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 12, 16 5:19 AM
CiChDa, I too thought there were collectables, because I clicked on something (I think it was in the first scene), that didn't go into my inventory, but moved to somewhere unknown. But since there wasn't a tab, which brings you to where your collectables are stored, I wasn't sure if that was just some fluke rather than a proper collectable.
If there are collectables or even morphing objects, it would have been nice if it had been mentioned on the main game page. I never did see anything morph in the demo, so as far as I know there aren't any morphing objects, and that's why I mentioned neither the collectables nor morphing objects.

Edited on 10/12/2016 at 5:43:09 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 12, 16 6:51 AM
Valdy, I don't know if the term collectibles is the right way to characterize them, but i do know there are two different items that if you see them, you click on them and they will disappear. No, they do not go into your inventory, Maybe I will find out when I am finished with the game. If not, that is ok too. Just fun finding the Easter eggs as they say....

Just finished the game, and at the end the Easter eggs, didn't disappear, but you knew you found it.

For those that are reading this, the game is not all that short, i couldn't sleep, so i got up way....too....early.....today. Had to wait for BF to wake up and change games, actually.

edited for additional comments

Edited on 10/12/2016 at 9:07:05 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 12, 16 8:26 AM
I found this game rather boring and uninspired. Didn't help that my hint button stopped working. Way too many cut scenes for my taste and not enough to do.

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Oct 12, 16 9:49 AM
Hi Valdy I am realy pleased you are back. I love your comments on things. There are collectables: origami and snowvlokken. Sorry for the Dutch word. I forgot the English one. I love the game, it is a little gem as somebody else said.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Oct 12, 16 9:54 AM
According to the only review (so far) there are snowflakes to collect that go into your hint button.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 12, 16 10:19 AM
marijkee123 wrote:Hi Valdy I am realy pleased you are back. I love your comments on things. There are collectables: origami and snowvlokken. Sorry for the Dutch word. I forgot the English one. I love the game, it is a little gem as somebody else said.

Hi Marijkee...

Snowvlokken or Schneeflocken as they say in Germany, are snowflakes in English.

And thanks very much for pointing out the collectables. Now that I know what they are, I think it was a piece of origami I picked up in that first scene. Never saw anything else after that.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Oct 12, 16 11:40 AM
After having played the demo i get the feeling this was meant to be a collectors edition game and never got completed by the developer as it shows a lot of potential but found it rather easy and not very challenging . There appears to be snowflakes and origami figures to collect . Will problably get this game as i have Big Fish coupons to use .

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 12, 16 12:12 PM
I am enjoying the game. It is more of an adventure type of game, with a "twist" on the HOs, where you "find" the items before you know what you are looking for. You then have to put the "found items" in sequence of "how" the scene happened.

The graphics are very clear, and there are voice-overs.

I am playing on a desktop PC with WIN 10 and not having any problems.

[Post New]by jillybeanthing on Oct 28, 16 11:13 AM
I can't figure out the spade, heart, club buttons order. I used the pencil and paper to copy them but when I displayed symbols on box they were blank. Please help so I can move forward, I checked the diary for clue but nothing there to guide me. Thank you.

Go to: