machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Length of Game - Mirror Sweeping

[Post New]by machamc on Mar 25, 10 2:16 PM
I played the demo of this game and, while I enjoyed it, will not be buying at the CE price because I think there is a gimmick here. I think I got at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through but could have gone farther if it weren't for sweeping the mirrors. We all complain when a game seems too short and it just seems to me that they extended the length of the game by making us sweep off the mirrors at the end of each section. Without having to do that, how long do you think it would take to play?

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Length of Game - Mirror Sweeping

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Mar 25, 10 2:42 PM
Hi machamc

Well the actual mirror sweeping only takes me a few seconds- its annoying and had enough of it after the 1st time yes, but it does not take very long to do it.

What to me is the time filler is the inane mini games/puzzles in between.
Matching pairs is borinig at best of times but matching pairs not turned over is just a silly chore. Many of the "puzzles" are just chores- putting images in the correct spot - with the correct spot being glaringly obvious but you have to do this 36 times or skip it.

I really like the game itself despite its ease of play - but whoever thought up these inbetween games must think that everyone that plays casual games only uses half a brain. Some of them are quite insulting to our intelligence.
Including sweeping of the mirror.

kriskar47
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kriskar47 on Mar 25, 10 7:46 PM
I liked the game too. The mirror sweeping is annoying and the first time took too long to do. The second time was better but not enough.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 26, 10 3:57 PM
Yeah, the sweeping thing annoyed me too. If I wanted to dust, I wouldn't be playing computer games! There's lots of real dust I could be sweeping.

What bugged me as well was the sparkles. I don't want to be hand held quite so much. I'd like to find things on my own.

I would have liked the option of a timed version without sparkles and with harder puzzles. Especially since this is a CE. You'd think they could offer harder content for those of us that want it.

I also wanted to be able to collect obvious things as I saw them. This game is set up that you have to do things in a specific order. I prefer games like RTR where you can pick things up as you go and figure out where to use them later.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 9:27 PM
sublimeone : I also wanted to be able to collect obvious things as I saw them. This game is set up that you have to do things in a specific order. I prefer games like RTR where you can pick things up as you go and figure out where to use them later.

oh, yeah! you said it! i'm a collector... wandering around aimlessly, grabbing stuff as i find it, controlled chaos in a gaming environment... all the little blinks of light made me think: oh, am i supposed to look here? but then what could i do?? i really love this game for its other virtues, but i feel like my hands are tied!

happy gaming, y'all!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 9:30 PM
oh... so about length of play... there are about twenty shards to collect, i think, so it should kep you busy for a little while... if you clear a room every fifteen minutes, that's five hours... regardless of sweeping the mirrors [i've got practice - yard sale hidden treasures]

good luck

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Mar 27, 10 5:26 PM
Well,I'm pretty new to all this but I really loved the demo.I'm no rocket scientist but it's a lot of fun for me.Granted 20$ is kinda steep right now for features I'll never use.Cleaning the mirrors was no big deal to me.It doesn't take that long at all.I guess the only problem I had was stuff being so far at the top of the screen that I couldn't see it.Overall,this is one I think I should get.

Go to: