exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Marketplace

[Post New]by exdir on Oct 13, 16 6:19 AM
How do I get people to my marketplace? I try to sell rare items, but they sit there for days.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Marketplace

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 13, 16 6:41 AM
Respond to help calls as often as possible. Some players don't send the thank you right away which leaves a smiley face over the machine you helped. Other players run in to help often click on those in order to visit new markets they don't have immediate access to. If they like your market or your island they may "follow" you.

You don't always have to have it stocked with the best items. Most used items work and sell well too. Items that are needed for events (like sweets table) that needs sweets and jams are a good example.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 13, 16 8:34 AM
Hi exdir,

I see that you are inquiring about how to get people into your marketplace. silver_hawk is right. It is recommended to respond to help calls in your game as often as you can. Please keep in mind that if other players do not purchase the items in your marketplace, an NPC (non playing character such as James) should be able to purchase the items. By responding to help calls as silver_hawk mentioned, this helps to make your island more visible to other players. This may result in them following you as mentioned in this thread.

If you find that you experience issues with your marketplace, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with your player ID. They are happy to help in any way that they can. Just in case, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Oct 13, 16 2:10 PM
Is there a limit to the amount of people that can FOLLOW you? since the upgrade I noticed that some of the ones I have been following have left the game, at least nothing has happened for a couple of days. Then several that I was following started stocking up on rare plants and loading up their basket with only these (strange) so you can't buy from them. so that kind of leaves me with the followers that follow me and it seems like they are always the same people in my list . I guess what I am asking is, things are getting hard to come by in the market, are people not using their baskets lately? I have a hard time keeping mine filled up but I find so many people don't use theirs or never change them when someone buys something. Maybe I am just having dumb luck lately.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 13, 16 2:30 PM
Nana5love,

Remember that you can un-follow players on your friends list. Go through your followers periodically and follow those that seem more active and have better markets.

I'm still keeping my market filled with 10 baskets. I do sell out fairly quickly. Not as quickly lately but still sell well. I fill with a wide variety. However, I can only stock as fast as I can produce so there are several times a day where there is nothing in there until I can get enough produced to fill it again.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Oct 13, 16 3:30 PM
I was just going thru the 41 people that are following me, so many of them have either nothing in any of their baskets or have put a lettuce leaf or an orange and nothing else, also I have looked around a lot of islands, mainly because I love to see how they are fixing theirs up, but have found that so many have not even planted anything. I read somewhere that someone wished there was a way for a game to be deleted when someone quit playing so we had a way to know they were done.
Since I know nothing about computes, if they uninstall the game would we still see it?
I just feel like we have lost a lot of good people with all the new changes but I hope maybe they are just taking a break.

[Post New]by ElleBeeJay on Oct 13, 16 4:10 PM
I'm not sure on this theory but it may also be that the people you no longer see as active didn't update. I've held off on the update, after reading the comments here, until I finish my building upgrades (currently at 9,154 magic). There are some islands I can no longer get to and some I can, so I'm assuming that the ones I can still get to (and the ones where we can still answer each others' help calls) are other players who haven't updated yet either.

I'm not sure whether the game will let me hold off on the update until I've finished my upgrades. Fingers crossed--I was already annoyed with the lack of amber in the old version, so needing even more would probably push me over the edge. Looking forward to the endless dives, though...

Edited on 10/13/2016 at 4:46:00 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 13, 16 4:49 PM
ElleBeeJay,

That's a good point you made. That may explain why I'm not selling as quickly today as I normally do.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Oct 13, 16 5:43 PM
That make sense because something has really change in the last couple of days but good for you ElleBeeJay, being smart enough for not upgrading yet, I was 10 magic away (1 window) from being able to open the library, now I am basically starting over, since I now am 2000 magic away.
Lots of lost money (mine) but I did get about $2.00 from BF for the 15 pearls they gave me I hope you make it thru your next upgrade before you have to do the new update.

Go to: