Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

I want to cry!!

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 13, 16 8:32 PM
I dropped my iPad and now all my colors are grainy, neon and really messed up! I don't think I can play on my iPad anymore.
This happened once before, but not this bad, and it corrected when I dropped it again. Don't know if I will get my iPad to work where I can play.
And I just almost got to level 18 for the 3rd time!
Playing as TLB2
i2339578
I can see enough to send gifts, but be patient. If I have to trash this game too, I will give away what inventory I have.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

Re:I want to cry!!

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 14, 16 3:13 AM
uhh feel your pain

Last night I connected to facebook.. because someone had asked how to play there ipad game on iphone also.

I did not know that was possible.. but aparently it is possible to play the same game on two devices.. so I did the conection just to be safe for the day when I have to get a new ipad.

Maybe you can do that and open your game on a new ipad. Its is done in settings.

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by lizziefin on Oct 14, 16 4:11 AM
iPad transfer is the least problematic when you change devices. If you back up your iPad before you get your new one and then load your new one from that backup your game us exactly as it was when you left it. Customer Service don't need to be involved at all. Your friends are all in place as well. I've just changed iPads so I know it works! Good luck

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Oct 14, 16 8:21 AM
I agree with lizziefin. I did the same and had no problems, thanks to the advice I got on the forum.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 14, 16 8:33 AM
So sorry you had the mishap with your iPad.......

Even without good video, the content should still be good.

You can either back up your iPad to the iCloud......or you can back it up to your PC....If you have already backed it up to the iCloud, perhaps backing it up to your PC would be a good way to go (that way, if something IS corrupt, your previous iCloud backup will not be compromised.

Also, if you have not previously backed it up.....or if a current back up doesn't work, then you can contact Customer Service and they can at least restore your game.....losing friends is a better option than losing friends AND the game.

Either way, it is a win - win situation.........good luck! And hope you are back in the Castle soon!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 14, 16 9:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to back it up, but I think it will be awhile before I can get another iPad.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 14, 16 10:01 AM
I'm so sorry about your iPad, but if you have an iPhone you can join me in the "searching for itty-bitty items on my itty-bitty screen" club!

But please do make a list of all your friends' names & friend codes, just in case!
That way, no matter what, you can invite everybody back.

Good luck!!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 14, 16 11:03 AM
Desertdruid, I do have an iPhone, but I don't think I could play MC on it! Like you said.. itty bitty!

I did d/l the game to my husband's iPad. It just starts me over again. If I contact customer support would they be able to switch MY game over to that one?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 14, 16 11:43 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post their suggestions in this thread. It is greatly appreciated appreciated. Since you have downloaded Midnight Castle on your husband iPad, if you had previously linked your Midnight Castle to Facebook, signing into your account would also help to bring up your progress. Simply tap on the gear icon at the top right and then the Facebook icon. For more information, see the following help article:

Linking to Facebook or Big Fish Games (Free to Play)

If the progress wasn't linked, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with your original player ID and new player ID that appears. The support team has the tools to manually move over your progress for you. We apologize that while the team has the tools to move over your progress, they cannot move your friends list. Just in case, I'll include below how to obtain this information:

Finding Your In-Game ID

I hope this helps provide clarification. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 14, 16 12:50 PM
Thank You!! I'll write down my friend list and contact support.
I never linked with FB, so that won't work.
I appreciate the help!
Don't think my husband will enjoy losing his iPad, though!

Flirtmd
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Flirtmd on Oct 14, 16 1:59 PM
If you play on multiple devices always make sure your game is saved before leaving.

This can be as easy as going into your achievement area and then out.

Failure to do so may result in loss of progress.
I'm sure others have hints on how to save progress as well. We log too much time on these quests to lose them when we pick up another device to do a quick HOS.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 14, 16 6:11 PM
testing... twice I have replied and it's not showing

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 14, 16 6:13 PM
ok that worked..
contacted customer support and hope they can fix this.
Can send/get gifts but can't do HOS, too green..
Hope this will be fixed soon.
Flirt, got your invite, hope it went through.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 20, 16 8:56 PM
Still waiting to hear anything other than the first auto response.
Been a week now. I replied to them again, but still nothing.
Guess I'm out of the Halloween event.

SerenaLyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SerenaLyn on Oct 20, 16 9:21 PM
On my itty bitty iPhone 5s is the only way I've ever played this game and I'm at level 49!!! Hahaha Does anybody know if I'll be able to transfer to an iPad when I finally get one?! I'm really hoping so... that might give me the incentive to stop buying shoes and shopping at Costco!!! Lol

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by lizziefin on Oct 20, 16 11:40 PM
SerenaLyn wrote:On my itty bitty iPhone 5s is the only way I've ever played this game and I'm at level 49!!! Hahaha Does anybody know if I'll be able to transfer to an iPad when I finally get one?! I'm really hoping so... that might give me the incentive to stop buying shoes and shopping at Costco!!! Lol

I play the same game on my iPad and my iPhone, I'm not quite sure how I achieved this and rarely play the iPhone, it's so small! However, it can be done. I think maybe facebook or the game centre was involved, perhaps someone else can help, or ask customer service. Good luck.

Tatty2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Tatty2 on Oct 21, 16 1:22 AM
lizziefin wrote:
SerenaLyn wrote:On my itty bitty iPhone 5s is the only way I've ever played this game and I'm at level 49!!! Hahaha Does anybody know if I'll be able to transfer to an iPad when I finally get one?! I'm really hoping so... that might give me the incentive to stop buying shoes and shopping at Costco!!! Lol

I play the same game on my iPad and my iPhone, I'm not quite sure how I achieved this and rarely play the iPhone, it's so small! However, it can be done. I think maybe facebook or the game centre was involved, perhaps someone else can help, or ask customer service. Good luck.

That's very interesting! I would put my game on my phone if it would be the same game, for the simple fact I could gift more often. I honestly don't think I would even try to actually play the game on my phone.

I think I got my game through the game centre. It was advertised as a pop-up when I was playing cards or Sudoku. I do know it is not an individual app in settings.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 21, 16 6:22 PM
Darcie got me back in! Now, having trouble adding friends. I have them written down, but each one comes up as can't find.
So if anyone wants to add me, I'd appreciate it
i2354287
Playing as TLB2

edit: forgot I had to add the 'i'

Edited on 10/21/2016 at 7:58:14 PM PST

Go to: