Sunshyne298
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

Couldn't finish the demo of this game....

[Post New]by Sunshyne298 on Mar 25, 10 4:17 PM
I couldn't get past the living room. No matter what I did, or how many times I tried, that darn chandelier wouldn't light for me. I could only get 3 candles to light up. The rest refused to light.

I did everything I was supposed to do. Out of desperation, I even tried the walkthrough to make sure I didn't miss anything. All the walkthrough says is "light the candles in the chandelier". I would LOVE to do that, but the game doesn't want me to, apparently.

It looked like a game I would have bought, too! I'm not, however, going to shell out $20.00 for a game that has me stuck at the very beginning. It makes me wonder what is in store for me if I was able to get past the candle problem. Nothing is more frustrating than having a problem like this when you've done everything you're supposed to and it STILL doesn't work.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Couldn't finish the demo of this game....

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Mar 25, 10 4:26 PM
Hi Sunshyne

How many matches did you use? The match blows out after a few canles and you have to get another lit match from inventory.

Is that what you were doing?

Sunshyne298
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by Sunshyne298 on Mar 25, 10 4:42 PM
GoveGirl wrote:Hi Sunshyne

How many matches did you use? The match blows out after a few canles and you have to get another lit match from inventory.

Is that what you were doing?

Yes, that's what I was doing. I can't figure it out! A match should at least last for 5 or 6 candles, but I couldn't get the matches to light ANY candles! I got 2 lit, then I clicked around the room on some shiny places, then when I went back to the chandelier again, a 3rd candle was lit.

So..I went back to trying to light candles again with no luck. I used match after match to no avail.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 25, 10 8:23 PM
Hi Sunshyne,

What a lovely name. I had a bit of trouble too, with lighting the candles - until I realised that I had to put the cursor point onto the candles, not the match itself (duh, lol). After that, each match lit about 4 or 5 candles each (I think - it may have been less). Hope that helps.

Ciao,

Jen.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 26, 10 9:58 PM
yeah, that was my little dilemma... i kept wondering why i was clicking on one candle but another was lighting... hhmmm something fishy here! oh, just me!! happy candle lighting

[Post New]by basilbush on Aug 11, 14 2:25 AM
I'm having the same issue, but even though I put my finger directly on a candle, it still doesn't always work. I've resorted to just running my finger over the screen hopping to get lucky. So far I've gotten all but 4candles, but I've wasted 20 minutes in the process.

Go to: