Wallula660
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Oct 14th update? Made the game impossible

[Post New]by Wallula660 on Oct 15, 16 3:14 PM
I'm so disappointed in this update. They have made it almost impossible Tom update houses to increase Magic. 10 gold nuggets from diving to update a window for 10 magic increase? To get a blue, yellow or red piece you also need a brown piece which means you are constantly sending out balloons. With delivery 5 times a day, this will take forever Think the goals to move on are no longer fun to strive for. They ruined the game, probably for profit forcing players to spend money. I'm sad and so disappointed. Does anyone have an opinion or can enlighten me so I want to keep playing?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:Oct 14th update? Made the game impossible

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 15, 16 3:22 PM
Diving is now easier since you don't have to continuously add magic to keep the diver down. There is a new way to get a little extra amber, (gold nuggets as you call them) when you de-curse underwater areas you'll get at least 1.

I agree with you that it was a bad idea for the developers to make the change for upgrading buildings. It's frustrating for players to have the rules of a game changed for the worse in mid-game. In the end it is up to you to decide if the game is still worth your time.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 15, 16 3:46 PM
If you're getting a lot of Green/Blue/Yellow stones you can convert 1 yellow + 2 depleted stones at the alchemist bench to get 1 red one.

You get a depleted stone for every balloon you send out and 1 back after completing a dive to use at the alchemist bench.

And as Lady Sabelle mentioned, the dives are easier now. Each time you get a higher level dive you will increase what you bring back in amber.

Running the cursed items brought back from dives yields experience but occasionally will produce 1 amber.

Keep items on hand to trade with islanders for amber when they offer a trade. Usually 5 necklaces and/or 10 earrings. Later 5 glasses and/or 5 pallets. When you get the artist studio then 2 books and/or 2 pictures.

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Oct 15, 16 5:57 PM
It is good that the dives are much easier and you do seem to get more amber there.

But the changes to upgrading houses seem way too extreme, especially the final level where you need 10 amber plus an amber thingy (forgotten the name of them) which also take 6 amber to make. That's 16 amber for a 20 point window!

Just before these changes I'd had one more window to get before I reached 7000 magic and could open the Librarian's corner. It had taken me about 3 weeks I think, to go from 6500 to that point which I think is good slow pace. I had the palace slowly ticking over when I had extra amber and I had my amber thingys ready to open the area.

I lost about 1200 magic in the change and the next level area to open for me is now the area at the palace of 7250 and I'd dropped to below 5800 magic. I've just worked out how long it's going to take me to get back up to that level with an estimation of how much amber I'm getting from dives and little people and how many houses I need to upgrade and I think it's going to take me about two months! That's just frustrating and too slow. I love the game but knowing that it's that long before I make any progress makes it seem a tad boring. Especially as I have to completely drop working on the palace in the meantime in order to have the amber to update houses.

Many of the changes are great - but that one was not, they just took it a step too far.

I wouldn't have felt so annoyed if they hadn't taken the magic that I'd worked so hard to get over many weeks. They could have made these changes without doing that.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Oct 16, 16 12:12 AM
FuzzbrainDribble wrote:But the changes to upgrading houses seem way too extreme, especially the final level where you need 10 amber plus an amber thingy (forgotten the name of them) which also take 6 amber to make. That's 16 amber for a 20 point window!

I completely agree, but just wanted to say that the alluring ambers only take 5 amber, so save anyone else going and checking.

Dumsie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Dumsie on Oct 16, 16 2:22 AM
I'm a bit helpless. I'm in lev 111. and there's nothing new for me to do ? No new area - nothing. Diving is now magic-intensiv, that' s all I see. It get's boring.

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Oct 16, 16 6:02 AM
Thanks TMGamer99, seems it's not only what they're called that I can't remember!

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on Oct 16, 16 6:34 AM
I agree it is very mondain and boring no new areas no new shops no new items to manage no new quests to accomplish once castle sections are complete you literally are stuck in limbo on this game every new update seams to change things that do not help out players on higher levels
All the coming soon. Areas still do not open up
All the items that say coming soon remain locked
The changes tend to only help or deter newer players like the latest using soo much Amber to do upgrades less need for balloons now more need for an item that is very hard to find in market takes long time to abtian through dives and is very much needed to build castle so eight her players will end up holding off on castle till all main buildings are upgraded to fullest or they will just quit

scarlet834
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet834 on Oct 16, 16 8:55 AM
I'm going to stay optimistic about the house upgrades. The original timed dives were horrible but I like what we have now for dives. Hopefully given time either the "mega Amber plus red stone to get 10 magic points" will evolve, too, or there will be more and more Amber and stones available. Right now I enjoy popping in and progressing my dive and filling balloons that mesh with my inventory. But agree this is a slow moving proposition that requires patience. And if I ever do get that castle built I might get bored.

[Post New]by AllMenAreIslands on Oct 16, 16 10:34 AM
I like the change I just encountered - a new dive layout that requires a great deal of magic. 4500 to get underwater, then 2x6000 to start the first area. I actually have used all my available magic and have to wait on some fountains to produce more. It makes me want to continue upgrading my fountains.

I am sure a brand new area is coming soon. Little by little a new area is emerging from the water.

Tarports
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Tarports on Oct 16, 16 2:03 PM
AllMenAreIslands wrote:I like the change I just encountered - a new dive layout that requires a great deal of magic. 4500 to get underwater, then 2x6000 to start the first area. I actually have used all my available magic and have to wait on some fountains to produce more. It makes me want to continue upgrading my fountains.

Me too, fab to have a new dive area after so long & am loving the turtle decorations

Also love knowing what stones are going to be returned by the balloons, I used to try and guess by the XP points but it often didn't pan out lol

Will be fab to have a new area appearing though

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 17, 16 7:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post in this thread. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you to the players that have also offered their hints and suggestions regarding the latest update. The Moderation Team will continue to pass along feedback to the appropriate Sunken Secrets team for review. To help ensure all feedback is reviewed by the teams, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread to redirect it to the following:

Update, update ...

Players are welcome to continue the discussion in the above thread. Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions or concerns.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: