bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Happyville: Quest for Utopia technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 26, 10 2:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Happyville: Quest for Utopia technical issues here only

[Post New]by wreeve2006 on Mar 26, 10 5:10 PM
I think someone has a very good sense of humour here - I got an error when the screen was full to say "Manager has run out of sprite" lol.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Mar 26, 10 6:04 PM
I am also getting this system error. "Manager Has Run Out of Sprites". My screen isn't quite full, but it is busy. I've been playing for a couple of hours at least. Is the game glitched? I cannot get beyond the message. If I click ok, it pops up immediately again. If X out, it crashes the game. I'm a bit upset that I purchased this game if this is commonplace.

I know its not a computer virus as I have seen this posted as an error in other games but without explanation as to what it is. Plus, I have scanned my pc since getting the message. My computer is compatible with the requirements of the game.

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 6:08:04 PM PST

[Post New]by meligusa on Mar 26, 10 6:12 PM
I too am getting Manager ran out of sprites, then a different error pops up if you say to continue, I have a new system, gaming computer... not a compat error...

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Mar 26, 10 8:03 PM
Game sprites refers to graphics/video driver/video card problems and is not a joke.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Mar 26, 10 8:03 PM

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 8:05:11 PM PST

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Mar 27, 10 1:28 AM
I too am getting the same error. This is the 2nd game I've recently purchased that I've had technical issues with. What's up with that? Tasty 2 and now this. Getting frustrated with BigFish.

[Post New]by wreeve2006 on Mar 27, 10 3:04 AM
I thought sprite as in the drink lol

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Mar 27, 10 8:12 AM
suzieque117 wrote:I too am getting the same error. This is the 2nd game I've recently purchased that I've had technical issues with. What's up with that? Tasty 2 and now this. Getting frustrated with BigFish.

I have the same issue, but Big Fish does have the best customer service in the biz, so I'm sure we will get the fix or other compensation.

This part of the game may have been beyond beta testing...

Meanwhile, I'd contact CS for sure since they may not be monitoring the forums over the weekend!

OK, CS! Do your stuff!

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Mar 27, 10 8:24 AM
As well as the above problem I reported here, now when I load my game it wont let me click on people or buildings. It lets me move around and build, but I cannot click anything on the actual town. I'm really upset that I payed for this game now. I would have been great if not for these issues.

None of my other games come up with that message, so if its a video card error, its selective and only on this game. It only happens when the businesses go under and need to be rezoned.

I also contacted CS, but only about the pop up message - I haven't told them about my newest issue with this game.

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 8:25:54 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 27, 10 8:49 AM
Hi fishies,

You may want to try updating your Direct X, video card drivers and Flash Player. You can do so by clicking on the 'Frequent Crashing of Game' help article above.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by janetlovesdale on Mar 27, 10 1:25 PM
is there a separate save button
I played all day yesterday and came back today
it's at the beginning again?

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Mar 27, 10 2:22 PM
Tried udpating as recommended and didn't help. Too bad as I was having fun and now I'll have to wait until they get it fixed as I can't contact using the Live Chat as I work the hours they are open.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Mar 27, 10 4:08 PM
i played for about 5 minutes and i ran into a problem...i cant click on the buildings or people...plus all the other problems im reading about im glad i stopped in here because im known for buying a game just because its a TM ill just keep it in my manager until i see an update it looks like fun and i cant wait to play it

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 27, 10 5:41 PM
I guess suckers at heart remain suckers (talking about myself).

I cancelled my account due to buggy games. I downloaded this one, and liked it, so I bit the bullet and bought it, and lo and behold, the bugs mushroom. (shaking head sadly)

First of all, always repeating update your files is seriously aggravating. They are updated, for most of us!

I get the sprite message too (and like someone else, at first, I thought the drink! duh lol). I also get the game where it starts skipping, and hangs, only for 20 seconds or so, but enough times in a row to drive someone nuts.

I've downloaded buggy games from here, downloaded the SAME game on another site, NO BUGS! I just don't get it.

The ONLY reason I stuck around for so long is CS. They are the very best. But the best customer service does not do much for crappy buggy games, and having worked that job, I feel seriously bad for them, as they will no doubt get yelled at for no reason of their own.

It was a good game. Until this stuff. I give up with BF.

Vixen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen on Mar 27, 10 6:27 PM
The only techical issue I'm experiencing is when stating the game up. If I start the game up through the game manager, the game begins to load, then the game manager appears on top of the loading program in what looks like the 800 x 600 resolution. I have to minimize the game manager to continue on to the game itself.

3/28/10

I am now getting the manager/sprite message. The game screen is full and population maxed out. Kinda wondering if this isn't more of a game issue and not necessarily a computer video card issue.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 9:16:47 AM PST

[Post New]by smcy08 on Mar 27, 10 8:50 PM
I couldn't get the game to start, but now I can't even uninstall it.

[Post New]by McKenzie_Mae on Mar 27, 10 9:09 PM
I updated my directx and all windows updates. (They are done automatically.) It still comes up with the manager message. I am running on Windows 7, not vista. Is it not going to work for me? I check the system requirements, and they are all above the required...

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Mar 28, 10 12:45 PM
Thank you moderator for your post, however I have checked out that article and done all recommended. My video card/drivers are indeed already as up to date as possible.

Recap of issues:

*Had "The manager has run out of sprites" message which froze my game and eventually crashed it. Was able to somehow get beyond it once

*Since moving beyond the message, I cannot select houses or people on screen making game play impossible

I contacted customer service on Friday, and assume there is no response because it is a weekend. This is the first BF game I've bought with glitches. I wish this would have happened in the hour trial I played because I would not have bought it.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 12:46:22 PM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 28, 10 7:36 PM
I just tried to play the trial and unfortunately after the first couple of tasks it crashes then tells me that there has been an error.

What a shame, I was looking forward to this trial.

I guess I will just have to send this one to the game graveyard.

Go to: