bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for QuantZ

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 26, 10 2:27 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of QuantZ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for QuantZ

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 26, 10 4:17 AM
At first play, I thought what a spectacular game! Full of amazing graphics, interactive game play, bright lights and pretty, swirling colours. 10 mins into the game and I'm feeling quite queasy.

Not a game for me.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 26, 10 8:20 AM
I really wanted to like this game, but the movement was counter-intuitive and I couldn't get the right groups to show for the 'quant' I had to shoot. As somebody else said, there were no easy levels to get you into the game gradually. I uninstalled after about 15 minutes. I will not be buying this one.

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Mar 26, 10 10:11 AM
I don't think I understand this game! I thought I did what I was supposed to do...match a ball with 3 other balls...but it says it's unsolved. Hmmm. I tried puzzle mode by the way. It's kind of hard to get that little cube positioned, too. Maybe I'll try again later. I really wanted to like this game.

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Mar 26, 10 11:12 AM
OK...went back & played Strategy. Now I understand what's going on! I think the directions should be more extensive. Don't know if I want to buy it. Seems like it may get boring after a while.

I've already filled my punch card for this month. Hate to start a new one because I can't afford 5 more games this month even with the Spring Fever Sale. Guess I'll put this game on hold for now.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Mar 26, 10 8:21 PM
Wow! Beautiful HD graphics!

But the game is kind of hard. I think I'll try it some more in other modes.

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Okami on Mar 27, 10 8:19 AM
The graphics are stunning. I enjoyed shaking the block so that all the Quantz flew off and then trying to catch matching colors on the same face to make the shooting more effective.

However, the game was very slow-moving, the strategy mode didn't seem to advance to harder levels at all and the repetitive nature of the challenges mean that I uninstalled with 20 minutes left on the demo. Not a buy for me...but a good try at mixing up the Match-3 genre.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 27, 10 8:53 AM
I too wanted to like this game as it was really different to anything else that I have played before, plus I have a habit of liking weird sounding puzzle games, but it just boggled my head.

Like some of the other fish in the pond said it throws you straight into the game and you are left baffled from the very beginning.

I think that with a little tweaking this game could be great, especially as weird always sells.

Maybe a few practice levels or something would help.

Real shame this one did not work out, but I could not even stay for seven minutes, and I hardly ever stop playing a game this early.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 29, 10 3:04 PM
I disliked this game at first. I am rather klutzy with my hands and stiff due to arthritis, and at first I just couldn't get the hang of how to turn the cube. But once I settled down, read a couple of useful hints here, and figured out my mouse motions, I realized that with no serious time limits, I could just think about what to do and play smart, which turned out to be a lot of fun. It's a lot like a marble popper in slo-mo. For those with patience and good plotting ability, this can be a great game. I've not touched the action game (I bet that means time limits!), and barely got into the puzzle game, but I'm ready to call myself addicted, at least for a while. The graphics and music are very nice, too, which is a real plus for me. For the right person (which is not all of you out there) this could be a game.

[Post New]by rattlar on Apr 4, 10 7:42 AM
Please just tell me how to play this game before I delete it. Thanks.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Apr 12, 10 11:43 PM
Wow. Deliriously beautiful graphics with superb music and accompaniments. I cannot fault the presentation but the vertigo the game generates in my head makes it unplayable for me. I cannot get my head into the constant 3D motion. I'll leave it on my computer for now but I've only used 5 mins of the 60 min trial before I had to switch off.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 29, 10 12:07 AM
Deviously clever and well conceived, gorgeous execution!
Wish there were more of this quality.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 19, 11 11:17 AM
Don't know if it's because I started as strategy, but I didn't find it difficult to figure how to play. A cool strat game with gorgeous graphics. Love how you can completely mix things up by moving the cube quickly enough. Not sure yet if I'll buy, but definitely under consideration.

Go to: